• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

Well I seem to have it in my head that the salvation we believe in, has been taught in Biblical form as "the Gospel".

So IMO the first four books in our NT, being called "the Gospels", are of most value to me, personally.

They tell me about this God who loved me so much, that he took upon himself the flesh of man, and came 'among us'.

Not that the Jews aren't important, but He came among 'humankind'. And that amazes me.

He came in compassion, friendship, and in a brotherly love that no one else has ever attained a level to, before, after or since.

I love you AVBB, and I want to state openly...I do not espouse the so-called teaching of "easy-believism",

Yet I do believe in "complete-believism", belief in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah and all that he stood for and accomplished

through the cross and resurrection, with all my heart. That is complete-believism in a nutshell.

By the way, the God of the Old Testament is/was also the Lord Jesus Christ,

so when man was told to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, body, soul, and mind, 

that is also complete-believism.

Salvation in both Testaments.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did not say that one was not to believe in or on Jesus.

I said one is not saved by Believing he is Christ, Messiah or son of God.

I am truly amazed at all your nonsense.

I have never said anything in support of easy believism.

You guys are just great!  I am so glad I have you guys for my brethren.

• Members

I did not say that one was not to believe in or on Jesus.

I said one is not saved by Believing he is Christ, Messiah or son of God.

I am truly amazed at all your nonsense.

I have never said anything in support of easy believism.

You guys are just great!  I am so glad I have you guys for my brethren.

I am sorry. You seem hurt.

Please know we are not the enemy because we tell you the truth. And I did not mean to infer that you said anything about easy believism.

I just remember it being mentioned and wanted you to know I wasn't for it. That is all.

Also, we are glad you are one of us. Hope we can 'grow' in the knowledge of Jesus Christ together, and not let differences of view to destroy

our ability to enlarge our teachings and learning on the scriptures.

I really think we are not so different from each other.

• Members

Seems to me, if one doesn't knoW WHO Jesus is, we really can't have faith that He can do anything for us. Otherwise, we ask like Pharoah, "Who is the LORD, that I should OBey his voice...?"  Who is Jesus, that He can do anything for me?

Well, He is the Messiah, the promised one of God, revealed in Genesis 3 as the one who would bruise the serpent's, Satan's, head, which He did on Calvary. Etc, etc, prophecies, David, Solomon, etc..." 

What seems to be being espoused here by some is the basics of easy-believeism, "Just believe in Jesus and that He died for your sins, and you can go to heaven! Yay!"  ALL the information in the Bible about Jesus, from Moses and the prophets, the gospels and the epistles are 'able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus" (2Tim 3;15)  What scriptures do we think Paul was talking about to TImothy, that he knew from childhood? Certainly not the NEW Testament. Timothy was only half Hebrew, half Greek, raised by a Greek father and trained in both, but it wsas the OT that Paul lauded to him as being able to make him saved by faith in Christ Jesus. Not by the law or works or any such thing.

Here it is.

• Members

We were looking at Acts 16 in our afternoon Bible study:

30 ..... Sirs, what must I do to be saved ?

31 And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved , and thy house.

I've heard that preached - a simple question, & a simple answer. Simple faith for salvation; faith without works.

Nonsense! The jailor was panicking, suicidal. He prOBably did not understand his own question, but he did know a man with the answer. The earthquake woke him up, but it's likely that before he dozed off, he had heard the way Paul and Silas prayed , and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. How could these men who had been severely beaten sing praises to a god who had had no power to protect them? Now he was terrified in all directions - fear of the prisoners escaping, & the punishment he would receive; fear of the God who answered prayer in such a spectacular manner, opening the prison & releasing the prisoners yet who did not escape. Perhaps they too wanted to hear what Paul & Silas had to say.

31 And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved , and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes ; and was baptized , he and all his, straightway. 34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them , and rejoiced , believing in God with all his house.

So the jailer showed his belief by listening to the word of the Lord; he washed their stripes; and confessed his faith by baptism & fed & cared for his prisoners. To complete the contrast, he rejoiced , believing in God with all his house. Rejoicing is a repeated command in the letter Paul wrote to the Philippians. Were the other prisoners included in all that were in his house?

So the first church Paul established in Europe comprised Lydia & the women who prayed with her outside the city by the river, the jailor & his household, possibly other prisoners, possibly the spirit-delivered slave-girl & others mentioned only as brethren. What a mixed gathering!

He writes to them from another prison:

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

What a mighty & enduring work of grace!

• Members

Believe on or in Jesus is one thing.

But to say I believe he is the son of God does not save, or to say I believe he is the Christ it does not save, or to say I believe he is the Messiah does not save, not in the Church Age.

None of these save what saves is believing that Jesus died for your sins, That is the Gospel of the Grace of God.

That is the gospel Paul preached and gave to us.

That belief gives you Forgiveness of sins, the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, Adoption as sons, Justification before God, Imputed Holiness, Imputed Righteousness, and in the end Eternal Life in a brand new body.   No people from any age before or after will have what has been given us who believe the Gospel of the Grace of God, the substitutionary death of Christ.

Nothing but the grace of God through faith in the gospel of the Grace of God saves today.

I am not hurt at all of your rejection of the TRUTH of the Gospel of Grace but if you have trusted that your faith in him being Christ, Messiah or the son of God (not that he is not those things he is) then your salvation is in question because today only the Gospel of the Grace of God saves through faith alone in his finished work of the cross as given us by Paul.

• Members

We were looking at Acts 16 in our afternoon Bible study:

30 ..... Sirs, what must I do to be saved ?

31 And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved , and thy house.

I've heard that preached - a simple question, & a simple answer. Simple faith for salvation; faith without works.

Nonsense! The jailor was panicking, suicidal. He prOBably did not understand his own question, but he did know a man with the answer. The earthquake woke him up, but it's likely that before he dozed off, he had heard the way Paul and Silas prayed , and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. How could these men who had been severely beaten sing praises to a god who had had no power to protect them? Now he was terrified in all directions - fear of the prisoners escaping, & the punishment he would receive; fear of the God who answered prayer in such a spectacular manner, opening the prison & releasing the prisoners yet who did not escape. Perhaps they too wanted to hear what Paul & Silas had to say.

31 And they said , Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved , and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes ; and was baptized , he and all his, straightway. 34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them , and rejoiced , believing in God with all his house.

So the jailer showed his belief by listening to the word of the Lord; he washed their stripes; and confessed his faith by baptism & fed & cared for his prisoners. To complete the contrast, he rejoiced , believing in God with all his house. Rejoicing is a repeated command in the letter Paul wrote to the Philippians. Were the other prisoners included in all that were in his house?

So the first church Paul established in Europe comprised Lydia & the women who prayed with her outside the city by the river, the jailor & his household, possibly other prisoners, possibly the spirit-delivered slave-girl & others mentioned only as brethren. What a mixed gathering!

He writes to them from another prison:

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

What a mighty & enduring work of grace!

You are so right my friend! Salvation is a 'new life', not just a simple key to open the door to eternity, we are to live our lives out, here, in his ways and teachings, and we get to grow and learn to love him and serve him more each and every day. It is a wonderful 'process' to be born again and live out our time left as we could never have imagined before we got saved.

That is just a cool thing to get to say! I love being a child of the Creator of all existence!

• Members

Why is that we have some who carry on about how so many IFB Christians/pastors/churches are straying or falling away yet so little is being said (and nothing done) about those who keep promoting false gospels here?

Some will go all out with attacking posts over the issue of CCM, calling for action, and yet false gospels can be promoted in several threads?

Scripture is being twisted and ripped apart in order to justify false gospels in accord with some peoples private interpretations based upon a false understanding of "rightly dividing".

Add to this atrocity, these false teachings are often accompanied with personal insults and prideful boasting.

Is this what is becoming of IFBs?

Is this the future of OB?

• Members

Well, according to some false teachers here, there are a few others and they are all different and only for certain people and for a limited time only.

That sounds like one of those TV sales shows: "For a limited time only......"
:lol:

• Members

I believe its the Son of God who hung on the cross that saves. Not the two pieces of wood, but WHO died there. Its WHO rose from the grave (the only begotten Son of God) not the rock tomb. What is more important, the two wooden cross timbers or who died there?

Paul said Christ 367 times in his letters alone (not counting acts), Paul said cross 10 times including acts. I think Paul was trying to tell everyone who saves. 

• Members

I believe its the Son of God who hung on the cross that saves. Not the two pieces of wood, but WHO died there. Its WHO rose from the grave (the only begotten Son of God) not the rock tomb. What is more important, the two wooden cross timbers or who died there?

Paul said Christ 367 times in his letters alone (not counting acts), Paul said cross 10 times including acts. I think Paul was trying to tell everyone who saves. 

Right on!

Archived