• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the Holy Spirit that reveals to you that you are a sinner and God is holy

In my case, there was a 10 year gap between the two, and I never attended

any church prior to the second or had anyone even mention God to me.

Every knows they are not perfect - we are all sinners - but are you saying that in some way you were saved by knowing you were a sinner BEFORE you knew about a Holy God, or even knew about Jesus & his saving work?

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said , Father, the hour is come ; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

• Members

I agree with you, but according to AV's view...that is only for the Jews; therefore, it doesn't really apply to anyone else.

Just so you know where he's coming from...and AV, I'm not doing this to mock you...I'm just letting GenevanPreacher know the basics of your belief.

The Old Testament, the four Gospels, the book of Hebrews, and the general epistles (James through Revelation) are only for Israel. Paul's epistles are for us (the church) today...

Yes, I am aware of AVBB and his 'belief'(?). Thanks.

And that is where the 'fake' belief he espouses possibly starts, with thinking there are gonna be 'two' eternal life's.

Read where the Jews said this: "Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life" (Acts 11:18)

Seems they thought 'life' was going to be the same for both.

• Members

no NIC, stop acting like you know anything concerning what I believe.

This is what I believe 1Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ro 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
 Ro 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
 Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

No one, NOT ONE is saved by believing Jesus is the Christ, or believing he is the Messiah or believing he is the son of God.  He may be everyone of those things but those things don't save.

If any of you got saved by believing Jesus is the son of God, or he is the Christ or the Messiah You are LOST LOST LOST.

Only belief in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross SAVES and gives you eternal life. that he died on that cross for you personally and paid the penalty for your sin and rose again the third day.  that is the gospel of Grace and it is that grace alone through faith that saves.

The devils know Jesus is Christ, they know he is the son of God, and that he is the Messiah and they believe it all, but they are a lost. 

• Members

This is what I believe 1Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ro 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
 Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
 Ro 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
 Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

No one, NOT ONE is saved by believing Jesus is the Christ, or believing he is the Messiah or believing he is the son of God.  He may be everyone of those things but those things don't save.

If any of you got saved by believing Jesus is the son of God, or he is the Christ or the Messiah You are LOST LOST LOST.

Only belief in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross SAVES and gives you eternal life. that he died on that cross for you personally and paid the penalty for your sin and rose again the third day.  that is the gospel of Grace and it is that grace alone through faith that saves.

The devils know Jesus is Christ, they know he is the son of God, and that he is the Messiah and they believe it all, but they are a lost. 

Wow! Do you not understand that that is why Jesus is called Christ and Messiah? That he would be the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world?

I thought that was a firm understanding betwixt believers.

Actually what you are saying AVBB, is that we both are correct.

Believing in Jesus Christ  (with all your heart, not like the devils, mind you!) does entail the very details you said.

I just think you are misunderstanding the concept we are discussing.

• Members

It's the Holy Spirit that reveals to you that you are a sinner and God is holy

In my case, there was a 10 year gap between the two, and I never attended

any church prior to the second or had anyone even mention God to me.

Every knows they are not perfect - we are all sinners - but are you saying that in some way you were saved by knowing you were a sinner BEFORE you knew about a Holy God, or even knew about Jesus & his saving work?

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said , Father, the hour is come ; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I too, would like to hear an answer Covenanter! Sounds suspicious.

• Members

... mixing the Gospel of Grace with the Gospel of the Messianic Kingdom...  "remnants" of the "Holy" Roman Church.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

• Members

You forgot to underline something while you were underlining...

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Now...if you're saying that no one is saved by ONLY believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, etc., minus the rest of the gospel, then I agree with that. However, a person can't be saved if they don't believe in the biblical Jesus...who is the Christ/Messiah, Son of God, and Lord.

By the way...who on here has ever said that a person gets saved by merely believing that Jesus is Christ/Messiah or the Son of God? As far as I recall, you're the only one who's ever brought that up.

As far as whether I know anything about what you believe...I said that I was giving GenevanPreacher THE BASICS of your beliefs. Was I wrong? I was only going by things you've said in the past. 

• Members

Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I have that verse in my email signature. ;)

• Members

You forgot to underline something while you were underlining...

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Now...if you're saying that no one is saved by ONLY believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, etc., minus the rest of the gospel, then I agree with that. However, a person can't be saved if they don't believe in the biblical Jesus...who is the Christ/Messiah, Son of God, and Lord.

By the way...who on here has ever said that a person gets saved by merely believing that Jesus is Christ/Messiah or the Son of God? As far as I recall, you're the only one who's ever brought that up.

As far as whether I know anything about what you believe...I said that I was giving GenevanPreacher THE BASICS of your beliefs. Was I wrong? I was only going by things you've said in the past. 

Believing he is the Christ does not saved.  You can add to the gospel of Grace if you want but it is not necessary.

You misunderstand what I said in the past that is why I started this Video Thread on dispensations.

Certain doctrines do not apply to the current age.  The many of you accuse me of saying I eliminate scriptures for us today and IA don't.  Even some of you added that I advocate throwing away books of the Bible that are not doctrinally for us today.  Even in this thread I never said that knowledge of who Jesus is, like: Christ, messiah and the son of God was needed I said that that knowledge does not save.  What saves us is what he did not who he is.

I started a thread on communication because many of you are reading between lines and adding your attitudes, and attributes and words, to my posts when you read them.

Archived