• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

I don't think they recognize the difference between the church in the wilderness the church of the first born which was established by the earthly Ministry of Jesus.  and that kingdom was set aside so was that church.  Which is a very important question left of of OBserving scriptures.

There are all sorts of circumstantial differences, but NONE changing the way of salvation.

Can you give Scriptures that prove your assertions?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember God's word is correct and wikipedia is wrong.  Abraham sent his servant into his land to get a wife for Issac.

Ge 25:20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.  Laban was the brother of Issac's wife

De 26:5 And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish [was] my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous:

this speaks both of Abraham and Issac and his son JacOB, they were Syrians

Rebekah was from Padanaram,  A city in Modern Day Iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddan_Aram

• Members

Rebekah was from Padanaram,  A city in Modern Day Iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddan_Aram

From my understanding, that verse that AV pointed out (Deuteronomy 26:5) only refers to JacOB...who spent 20 years in Syria.

Genesis 28:5
And Isaac sent away JacOB: and he went to Padanaram unto Laban, son of Bethuel the Syrian, the brother of Rebekah, JacOB's and Esau's mother.

Hosea 12:12
And JacOB fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheep.

• Administrators

Happy, I am glad you got to hear a blast from your past.

I did not know you had been exposed to dispensationalsim via Ken Blue.

I met him in the Philippines when he visited the Open Door Baptist Bible college Where I taught some classes/

Well, that wasn't my first church, and I was already in a Christian school, learning scripture quite well there.  Just FYI

• Members

So, is the Gospel of the kingdom different from the Gospel of grace? You are seriously confused. Read Ephesians 3:1-13 and you will see the Gospel Paul preached was the same as that revealed to the other Apostles.

The Gospel was always by grace, through faith, and gives entry into the kingdom. There never was, and never will be another Gospel. Acts 26:15-23.

I expect a Replacement Theologian to say this, since "Israel has been replaced by 'Spiritual Israel' (ie: the Church).  4th Century Catholic Theology runs rampant even among so-called "Baptists", it seems.

As many on this board have demonstrated, they have "bought into" the Catholic teaching that "there is only one Gospel".  Clearly this is straight from Replacement Theology, which sees no further role for Israel in God's plan.

As well, 4th Century Replacement Theology sees Christ as "ruling his earthly kingdom from heaven".  This leads to Amillennialism which is the rejection of an earthly Jewish King ruling a Kingdom, and ruling the earth from Jerusalem.

"Remnants of Replacement Theology" seem to be everywhere.

• Members

If I understand his teaching in the second film, plus Les Feldick's teaching its kind of like this.

Its an "either" understanding. Either one verse is right (the ones that agree with his commentary) or the verse is wrong (it disagrees with his commentary) The commentary is correct and any verses that disagree are wrongly divided.

01) Jesus is King of the Jews (not King of Kings as this disagrees with his commentary, not the Lamb of God in John actually the whole book of John because John sees Jesus as God's son and that disagrees with the commentary.)

02) the Jew's works forgives their sins, Jesus isn't giving grace when he forgives sins Matthew 5:4,5,6. Jesus doesn't give grace to the Jews he only rewards their works. 

03) Jesus dying on the cross has nothing to do with Jews being saved. If they had worked to make Jesus King all Jews would be saved by their work making him King. 

04) After Jesus is formally rejected by the Jewish leadership, moving the common man to reject him too, he died and rose from the dead, ascended into Heaven IF they had accepted him the works of acceptance would of caused Jesus to return and become King. They would of gone all over the world teaching Gospel of the Kingdom, but no gospel of grace.

05) Because all the Jews of world didn't accept Jesus as King, they are rejected. Thus allowing a new dispensation/age called Grace. Don't forget Jesus is works in kingdom gospel. (When Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom to the gentiles and they was saved that doesn't count as Jews giving the gospel of the kingdom to gentiles. When Paul gives the gospel to Gentiles that does not count as a Jew going out unto all the earth. Acts 20:25 can not be used as doctrine, none of Acts can be used as doctrine.) 

06) Any verse that shows Gentiles/Greeks/etc grafted into the Jewish ONLY Kingdom is replacement theology. Any verse that gives Jewish promises to Gentile/Greek believers is replacement theology.

07) The Jewish King (Jesus) can not grant citizenship to anyone who wasn't born a Jew in the flesh. Jewish only Kingdom. Jewish only King. If a Gentile has any part of Jesus it isn't his Kingship, its something else.

08) Jesus will return and set up this Kingdom only when all Jews believe. NOT IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME

09) Only Jews born in the flesh will be apart of Jesus Kingdom, no gentiles. This Kingdom is Jewish only.

10) Nothing is given to the Gentile Church in the Kingdom, the Gentile Church will not appear with Jesus to help set up His Kingdom. Only Jews will help Jesus by their works. It will be a works salvation Kingdom, no grace.

Teachers to the students

11) If you don't agree with this: A- you haven't divided correctly B- you are too stupid to understand the teaching C- this is so good you can not disagree unless something is wrong with you

Side note: Dr. Blue has a whole channel on youtube and lots more teaching, I only listened to these two movies. Les Feldick has a whole website with teaching, I've only read a few pages, I'm a slow reader. 

PS. edited for spelling and the B   ) makes a smiley face B) so I used A- B- C-

• Members

Thanks Mountain Christian. That sounds totally bizarre. I have never read anything like that in my Bible.

Absolutely fantastic. Seriously , do any of you dispensationalists think I would be helped to a belief in dispensationalism by listening to such a lecture?

• Members

If I understand his teaching in the second film, plus Les Feldick's teaching its kind of like this.

Its an "either" understanding. Either one verse is right (the ones that agree with his commentary) or the verse is wrong (it disagrees with his commentary) The commentary is correct and any verses that disagree are wrongly divided.

Teachers to the students

11) If you don't agree with this: A- you haven't divided correctly B- you are too stupid to understand the teaching C- this is so good you can not disagree unless something is wrong with you

:jaw:      :hide:

That sounds totally bizarre. I have never read anything like that in my Bible.

Absolutely fantastic. 

I agree. 

• Members

I'm confused...my interest was peaked, so I watched the videos. However, I didn't see or hear the "Teachers to Students" A, B, or C choices that Mountain Christian pointed out. Maybe I missed it; I don't know.

Covenator commented on it being "bizarre" in post #52.  The video is a pretty straight-forward presentation of the normal Baptist position on dispensations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. Gal 1:6-7

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.  Gal 1:11-12

Archived