• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dispensations

AVBibleBeliever

• Members

While everyone is free to reject the OP it was not my intention to win anyone over.  My intention is to inform you so you can better communicate on the subject. 

I don't agree with Charismatic unknown tongue speaking, prosperity theology, JW or Mormon doctrine but I studied in out and learned what they teach so I could better speak to them on it when the time came.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ken Blue was the pastor who baptized me.  Way back in the day.  :icon_smile:  

Never heard of Pastor Blue but ain't that something. The born again world is a whole lot smaller than we think, isn't it

• Members

I know that I am new here, and I surely do not want to start right out by stepping on any toes, so this is me...being careful. :)

As a general thought on the idea of dispensations and not a specific attempt at any particular division, ..

God dealt with Adam before the fall differently than he did after the fall ...

God dealt differently with Abraham than he did Moses ... (Moses received the Mosaic Law, Abraham did not)

God dealt differently with Israel in the Gospels than he did in the Old Testament ... ("It has been said ... but I say unto you...")

God dealt differently with the Gentiles and post resurrection church than he did with the pre-crucifixion believing Jews ... (the entire book of Galatians)

God will deal differently with those in the millennium than he is with the church today ...

How we view and divide these dispensations may be open to discussion and even disagreement, but isn't throwing out the entire idea of God dealing with man differently in different periods a little difficult? All men are, and have always been, saved by grace through faith, regardless of dispensation. I assume that we are all in complete agreement on that. Some by looking forward to the coming cross (that they did not even fully understand) and some by looking back at the cross. (That's me!) But there surely have been a number of "periods of time" when God's approach to presenting this Gospel of Grace to men has been unique to that epoch. 

Or have I completely misunderstood the question and simply given you a brief moment of unintended entertainment?  :icon_redface:

• Members

I've not listened to all of the 1st one yet. He gets Abram's origin incorrect. Its not Syria. 

Genesis 11:28,29,31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ur

So far very few Bible verses mostly commentary. One horrible story about jungle people eating, hit the fast forward while he tells that. I'm taking a break but I'll listen to more later. 

(weary warrior, I too believe the Bible teaches dispensations.)

• Members

Biblically that doesn't work, but for some reason there are some who post here espousing various "gospels" with different means of salvation. Totally unbiblical, totally dangerous, totally a false teaching that shouldn't be tolerated.

• Members

While everyone is free to reject the OP it was not my intention to win anyone over.  My intention is to inform you so you can better communicate on the subject. 

I don't agree with Charismatic unknown tongue speaking, prosperity theology, JW or Mormon doctrine but I studied in out and learned what they teach so I could better speak to them on it when the time came.

Yet when we were discussing Calvinism a while back you dived into that thread just to lambast us (namely me) for wanting to talk and learn about it, saying that a] the forum isn't pro-Calvinist and therefore the discussion ought to be taking place elsewhere, and b] studying the doctrines of men is a waste of time anyway, even if the goal is witnessing to adherents of said false doctrines.

Now, here, you are inviting folk to delve into a topic that many on the forum think is un-Biblical with the justification that if they do they can at least have more fruitful discussions with adherents. In other words exactly the two things that a while back you were speaking against doing.

(Edited to remove unwanted smiley invasion!)

• Members

Baptists that do not believe in salvation by grace through faith? How does that even work?

As far as I can recall, everyone here believes in salvation by grace through faith...for today. Generally, there are some here who believe that works were required throughout history before Paul started going to Gentiles, and they also believe that works will be required during the Tribulation Period and the Millennium. There are also some here that believe baptism was a requirement to be saved BP (before Paul).

• Administrators

Never heard of Pastor Blue but ain't that something. The born again world is a whole lot smaller than we think, isn't it

For sure - another neat thing is that he was Calvary's pastor as well.  But I never knew Calvary (at least, I don't think I did...).  We were there in the church when Pastor Blue's kids were teens and younger. Blast from the past hearing him!  :clapping:

• Members

Biblically that doesn't work, but for some reason there are some who post here espousing various "gospels" with different means of salvation. Totally unbiblical, totally dangerous, totally a false teaching that shouldn't be tolerated.

There is only ONE Gospel for this Dispensation, the Dispensation of the Gospel of Grace, revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ.

It seems that you are "confused" and trying to "reinterpret" what others have said.

Now, wrongly dividing the Word will lead to confusion, as there are variations on gospels presented in other Dispensations.

Perhaps that is where your "confusion" originates?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:8-9

• Members

There is only ONE Gospel for this Dispensation, the Dispensation of the Gospel of Grace, revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ.
It seems that you are "confused" and trying to "reinterpret" what others have said.

Now, wrongly dividing the Word will lead to confusion, as there are variations on gospels presented in other Dispensations.
Perhaps that is where your "confusion" originates?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:8-9

Strange. Considering this dispensation started at Pentecost, what gospel were the Apostles preaching before Paul?

• Members

For sure - another neat thing is that he was Calvary's pastor as well.  But I never knew Calvary (at least, I don't think I did...).  We were there in the church when Pastor Blue's kids were teens and younger. Blast from the past hearing him!  :clapping:

Pastor Ken Blue was born in Boswell, Ark. In 1955 he accepted Christ as his Savior. He and his wife Joyce have been married 58 years and have 5 children. He graduated from Midwestern Baptist Bible College in 1969 and started the Open Door Baptist Church in Lynnwood, Wa. where he pastored for 49 years. Because of health issues (ALS) he was forced to resign as pastor. It is his desire to continue to be used of God to help pastors and believers through this ministry.

If the Lord puts him in your mind say a little prayer for him. ALS is an awful way to die. Many people call it Lou Gehrig's Disease.

• Administrators

Pastor Ken Blue was born in Boswell, Ark. In 1955 he accepted Christ as his Savior. He and his wife Joyce have been married 58 years and have 5 children. He graduated from Midwestern Baptist Bible College in 1969 and started the Open Door Baptist Church in Lynnwood, Wa. where he pastored for 49 years. Because of health issues (ALS) he was forced to resign as pastor. It is his desire to continue to be used of God to help pastors and believers through this ministry.

If the Lord puts him in your mind say a little prayer for him. ALS is an awful way to die. Many people call it Lou Gehrig's Disease.

We attended Open Door when they were only 3 years old.  Had the privilege of helping with the building of the church when it moved over to the current property.  Many, many good memories.  My dad had a bus route and mom helped him. I helped another route (the one that actually God used to get us going to the church).  My dad dearly loved Pastor Blue.  When my dad died, I contacted Pastor Blue, not sure if he remembered us (it's been over 30 years...). He did and sent a nice note and had one of his sons send us a picture they had of my dad working on the property. It was one my mom didn't even remember, so that was great.

It breaks my heart that he has ALS, but he is continuing to minister (although not pastor) while God allows him strength. He has an interesting blog.

His second son was between my older brother and me in age.  His son David was same age as my brother David.  David Blue and David White.  :biggrin:  

As I said, many good memories.

Archived