• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Rib Or A Gonad More From Les Feldick

• Members

Peter preached the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Gospel of the Circumcision in Acts 3:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,

when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,

which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Jesus was the Minister to the Circumcision:

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God,

to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: [ie: Jewish patriarchs]  Romans 15:8

As long as the Temple stood, the Gospel of the Kingdom was preached to the Nation Israel.

As well, the Gospel of the Kingdom ["Millennium"] will be preached by believing Jews during the Tribulation.

It looks like a lot of people just haven't got "the memo"...  it really helps to "rightly divide" 2 Tim 2:15.

Now, as far as the Body of Christ (composed of Jew+Gentile), the Gospel of Grace applies... for this dispensation.

(Paul's point in Galatians).

Acts 3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

1 killed the price of life 

2 raised from the dead

3 repent AND be converted

4 sins blotted out

That's grace. 

• Members

So you are saying that the "gospel" preached to Adam is the same gospel that Paul preached.  You are saying that Adam knew the name Jesus.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  Rom 10:9

Oh look... Nonic and Mountain agree with you.

Revelation 13:8

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

• Members

So you are saying that the "gospel" preached to Adam is the same gospel that Paul preached. You are saying that Adam knew the name Jesus.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Rom 10:9

Oh look... Nonic and Mountain agree with you.

Yes, the Messiah is the same, from an excited Eve naming her son 'a man from the LORD', to the Saints that flee during the great tribulation.

• Members

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received,

and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you,

unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I [Paul] also received,

how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried,

and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  Gal 1:6-7

Edited by beameup

• Members

I think you would be better to say "bruise" as the Bible does.

I personally think it is pretty clear -

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. 

It says "her seed" 
Gal_4:4  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 

That is pretty clear.

An injury to the heel is an inconvenience, but not a final injury.

Christ died on the cross, but He rose again. He was injured, but not in a "final" way.

But Satan will be injured in a "final" way.
Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 

The battle will be between the serpent and the seed of the woman.
The Serpent will have a minor victory, but the seed of the woman will deal a blow of finality - a heel injury is an inconvenience, a head injury was then always a death sentence - and often is today even with all our medical advancement.

So what we have here is a promise that one would come to battle the serpent, and in that battle the One would be injured, but not fatally, and the Serpent would be fatally injured.

If that is not about Messiah being cut off and then rising again from the dead, and then Satan being triumphed over by Messiah, then I just don't know what it is.......

Yes I point some people to Genesis 3:15 to show the Gospel - I certainly don't leave it there, but this is the first promise of Messiah. Eve did not know the details, but she knew the promise.

• Members

The word "gospel" means "good news". The "gospel" in Genesis is the same "good news" Paul preached. Some saints were imputed righteousness for their belief in the coming redeemer, and some for their belief in the redeemer that came. it was "good news" regardless of which side of the cross you found yourself.

Paul was sent to give the "good news" to the Jews and Peter to the gentiles.

Ac 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. ("The" gospel, not "their" gospel)

Ga 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Same good news, Fellas. There is only one Christ, He is the only gospel.

Doesn't the scripture say that the law was given to bring us to Christ ...Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

and...Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. The were justified just as Abraham was before the Law, and we are after the law. By faith.

I do believe in rightly diving the Word. I also do believe in dispensations, I see 7 separate dispensations in scripture to be exact. But I only believe in one Gospel. A dispensation may present and "for-shadow" the gospel in a unique way for a different period ...

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.  ...

... but there was / is only one salvation.

Ephesians 4 kinda lays that out pretty clear

• Members

I have no idea who this guy is, but it gives me cause to ask once more, why anyone feels the need to watch, listen to, or read after someone outside of our own congregation? This sort of thing is not even worth the time to wade through the error to get at any good that there may be. 

After a week of study, I see the wisdom in your words. 

• Members

Just as I'm careful about the pastor I will have for our home church pastor, I'm also careful about those I listen to on the radio or online, as well as whose books I read.

For instance, Pastor Scott Markle is a member here. He's not my home church pastor but he's clearly a man of God well able to expound upon the Word and therefore not only have I read his postings here, I've now also read three of his books and found them to be very edifying.

While some folks will listen to anyone claiming to be a Christian preacher or teacher, I don't take that approach as I believe such is extremely dangerous. Why would I want to listen to Joyce Meyer or Benny Hinn? Yet I know a few women who do listen to Joyce Meyer. They are right, she prOBably does say some good things sometimes, but there are so many better sources where one could get those "good things" without all the goop surrounding it and mixed in.

I do like to listen to rebroadcasts of Adrian Rogers sermons from time to time.