Online Baptist Community

Pet Peeves

2bLikeJesus

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Pet Peeve:  VA Hospital has no problem ALWAYS calling you in up to an hour late but always at least 10 minutes late for every appointment.  However, if you are 5 minutes late for check-in your appointment is automatically canceled and it can take months to get a new one.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2016 at 4:35 PM, Rosie said:

pet peeve, people who run red lights and think its ok

Right there with you Rosie! There is a small city near here where that's a big problem. Even if your light turns green you  have to be very careful to look both ways and slowly start to go because there are many who will go right through a red light if it's only been red for a couple of seconds.

Those people who are in a big hurry speeding down the road and they come up fast on your bumper and stay there as if that will make me drive fast just for them.

• Moderators

Pet peeve: getting anything greasy or gooey on my hands or body. Just. Can't. Stand it! Eat a burger-gotta have a stack of napkins. Work on the car? Stack of towels. Won't let my wife use any sort of pain-relieving stuff on my muscles because I can't stand the feel. Eww! Gloppy!

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Pet peeve: getting anything greasy or gooey on my hands or body. Just. Can't. Stand it! Eat a burger-gotta have a stack of napkins. Work on the car? Stack of towels. Won't let my wife use any sort of pain-relieving stuff on my muscles because I can't stand the feel. Eww! Gloppy!

I'm with you there Mike, can't stand greasy stuff on me. When we were kids my mother used to smear Vicks vaporub on our chests the minute we got a cold. I have hated greasy stuff on me ever since. YUUUUUUK!!!

• Advanced Member

i don't like my hands dirty or sticky.. i was at the store yesterday and there was something on the cashiers belt and it was sticky and it got on some of my stuff and one hand before I knew it was there... it had to go....and fast

People smacking their food at the table.

Dogs licking me.

People smoking around the gas pumps.

Telemarketers (Hallo...theees es "Sam" from the Windows teknigald depardtment callingh aboudt a proeblam with your compudter)..)

Photos of President Obama and Hillary

• Administrators

I think my worst pet peeve is about fast food places like McDonald's. Why is it sooo difficult to put the product in the middle of the bun?

Now I know this is not the Waldorf, but it is extremely unsettling to have the sandwich come to you looking like they don't care about appearance at all, almost like they threw it at you. But that's only part of my frustration.

The real frustration comes when you try to get the sandwich apart to put the product in the middle. The classic is their fish sandwich. The fish and the cheese are half hanging off of the bun. It is all heated in a micro, so when you try to separate the bun from the product to fix it, the bun tears apart, because the cheese is stuck to both the bun and the product and the sandwich is extremely fragile.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

My biggest pet peeve is that I don't have one. A pet, that is. :yeah:

Nothing at all? Might be interesting to ask hubby's opinion.  lol  :hide:

Whoooops, I just re-read your post and saw that I misread it. I thought you were saying you didn't have a pet peeve.  :blink:

• Lady Administrators
13 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Nothing at all? Might be interesting to ask hubby's opinion.  lol  :hide:

Whoooops, I just re-read your post and saw that I misread it. I thought you were saying you didn't have a pet peeve.  :blink:

Oh, I've got a lot of peeves. Maybe too many to choose just one. :laff cry:

• Lady Administrators
29 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

May I recommend a sheep...

https://www.facebook.com/millstonefarm85/

We're living with my mom right now. I really want a dog - haven't had one in so many years, other than a few visits with our granddogger - but she doesn't want one in the house. I don't think she's going to allow a sheep in, either. :D

Archived