• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pet Peeves

• Members

More traffic Pet peeves:  It seems in my town that half the population has no idea what a flashing yellow turn arrow on the traffic light means (turns permitted, yield to oncoming traffic) and they just sit there without any opposing traffic for a country mile coming down the road.

• Members

Pet peeve:  People who are always, sometimes without fail, late.  One of my best friends entire family has this character flaw.  I don't think they have ever been less than 10 minutes late to anything. Often over an hour...I long ago stopped inviting them to dinner unless it is cold, no-prep, self serve food; after having to try to keep food warm and edible for up to an hour.

• Members

Another traffic Pet Peeve: Those people in the left turn lane awaiting the traffic lights to turn green and a green arrow appears and they just sit there as if they don't know what to do.

​Out here in the sticks...the left turn lane is also the right turn lane :) I know what you mean I go to the city once in a while and even I know what it's for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

4-way Stops (right of way) The car to the right always has the right of way.

I arrive at the same time as the person on my right. The other motorist is supposed to move through the intersection first. I look over after a few seconds and the person is motioning me to proceed through. Why don't people just obey the law?

​And then there's the other end of the spectrum that happened to me yesterday... when you arrive at the intersection just slightly earlier than the person on your left (leaving room for the possibility that you both arrived at the same time), and as you begin to turn across the intersection, you realize that the person on your left is driving through too... and she stares at you​ like you're the one in the wrong!!! :verymad:

• Members

​And then there's the other end of the spectrum that happened to me yesterday... when you arrive at the intersection just slightly earlier than the person on your left (leaving room for the possibility that you both arrived at the same time), and as you begin to turn across the intersection, you realize that the person on your left is driving through too... and she stares at you​ like you're the one in the wrong!!! :verymad:

​Yep. That is the other head on the two-headed coin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Pet Peeve: The constant whining by so many people and our society in general about being "offended" over every little thing and nothing at all.

​I'm offended that you are offended at my offense of your offensive behavior.

• Members

​I'm offended that you are offended at my offense of your offensive behavior.

​Now if you would just add in another of my pet peeves (calling anyone who disagrees with you a "hater") this would be a perfect example of the sad nature of what passes for discussion and tolerance in America today. Thank you!