• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Administrators

Actually, most of the movies that I've seen in that vein show that the people who realize what has happened know that the rapture has come and prepare to suffer while not giving in to the evil that will run rampant. And the people who are left do suffer. I find it more sad than anything else.  I don't recall much easy prayerism in the ones I've seen. Perhaps I'm forgetting it, though, since it's been a while.

The Mark 2 is interesting in light of what will likely happen when chaos erupts.  I thought the parachuting out of the plane scene is quite cheesy, though.  :biggrin:

We recently watched The Years of the Beast. I actually found the whole movie on youtube. 

• Administrators

I wanted to go last year but had lots going on with my daughter. Hopefully, this year will be better! I can't wait to see the campus. Do they have a schedule or anything ahead of time? I like to learn a little bit about the speakers ahead of time. We have Bro. Ramos coming in February.

Check here:

http://church.fairhavenbaptist.org/events/preaching-conference

• Members

I know you asked SFIC, but, no - it's not.  It's a separate series.  I'm sure there will be a #3 because of the way it ended.  

Thanks, HC!

I was not as impressed with the "Left Behind" series as I have been with other End Times movies.  John 81 is right.  The majority of the End Times movies portray people getting saved who had heard the Gospel many times prior tot the Rapture and rejected it.  This is unScriptural.

Once such example is the "Left Behind" series.  Rayford Steele had heard his wife many times tell him of the Lord.  When speaking to saved people, he would answer, "Blessing my socks off" in response to the question, "What has the Lord been doing for you?"

Rayford had been to Church. He had heard the Gospel.  As did his college-age daughter Chloe.  But somehow, though they rejected Christ and Irene and Rayford, Jr. were taken to glory to miss the tribulation, Rayford and Chloe are given the impression that they are saved after the Rapture.

Sadly, many believe this is the way it will happen.  But the Bible teaches otherwise.  Those who reject Christ this side of eternity will live in the lake of fire in eternity.

• Administrators

David Cloud be there! He's rarely in the states, that's awesome! Roger Voegtlin has preached at our church before. So has Courtney Lewis. I'm excited already! I'll need to get my name on a housing list or dorms.

Yes, DC is usually there every other year. I wish we had the room to put you up but, alas, we don't. Call soon! We'll have to make arrangements on where to meet. Yay!

Another movie that is really good is KJB the movie. It is mostly narrated, but there is some acting. It tells about the translating if the KJB. Every year we have a movie at church and that was this year's. We are going to get our own copy because it is one we could watch over again.

I agree that the Left Behind series promotes the idea that someone can continually reject Christ and yet be saved after the rapture. That's one reason we dont watch them. Most of the movies we have show the character realizing what happened and then going out to face the music, as it were.

It's always confused me because we know there will be martyrs during the trib. But that takes ys seriously off topic.

• Members

Yes, "Left Behind" is really bad about that, even having a lost pastor who knew the Gospel but was never saved suddenly get saved and hold church during the tribulation.

This is becoming ever more common in these movies and it's very dangerous. I know of some folks who have seen this in movies and believe that idea gives them a "get out of jail free" card. Why bother "getting religion" now and losing out on all the sinful fun when they think they can just wait until they notice all the Christians disappear, then "get right with God" so they can go to heaven. To some folks it's like having their cake and eating it too.

This kind of dovetails into the idea that quick prayerism is okay because a seed might be planted and those  who heard it can get saved some other time.

Scripture is clear, tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. Now is the time to get saved, not hopefully in the future if someone finally presents the clear, full Gospel and not after the rapture.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Watched "Revelation Road II:  The Sea of Glass and Fire". (2013)

All that former special ops soldier Josh McManus wants is to see his family. But his dreams are dashed when the rapture occurs, leaving a society dominated by brutal outlaws like Hawg and his thugs. Now Josh must decide whether to embrace his violent past or become a man of faith. Which will he choose?

starring David A.R. White; End of the Harvest, Blink of an Eye

Sadly, like all other post-Rapture movies, this one also gives people second chances after having rejected the Lord pre-Rapture.  The music left a lot to be desired as well.

On a scale of 5, I'd rank it a 4.

• Members

Watched "The Encounter: Paradise Lost" (2012)

Seven years after the world's most devastating tsunami in Thailand six strangers find themselves trapped in a beach side resort on the brink of an oncoming hurricane. Each of their hearts are broken and silently cry out on the most desperate night of their lives. As the storm rages on and the six strangers fall deeper into the heart of darkness another guest (Bruce Marchiano ) arrives at the hotel. He says he is Jesus Christ, and he knows what each of them suffers from. Knowing their dire need, he came to bring them all a message of hope and rescue them from the darkest corners of their own hearts.

starring Bruce Marchiano, David A.R. White

I did not care for Bruce Marchiano's character.  I don't like anyone playing Jesus Christ.  I disagreed with his telling Ric (David A.R. White) that his sister Michelle (who overdosed on heroin) was in Heaven.  God said in His Word that drunkards will not enter Heaven.  I highly doubt drug addicts will. 

Oh, I believe drunkards and drug addicts can be saved.  But when they are, I believe they are delivered.  The old is passed away, behold all things are become new.  Drunkenness and drug induced high's are not conducive to a born again Christian's life.

Two thumbs down on this one.

• Administrators

Marchiano played Jesus in the Road movie, too. Didnt like it, either. My hubby and I saw the previews for Encounter and neither of us wantd to see it. Now I know we made the right decision. Thanks, SFIC.

We do like David White as an actor, but wish his movies were more sound. He actually does Christian comedy. We don't think he's that funny...:-)