• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members

Im starting this thread because I can!!!! :lol Hmmm I sound like someone else... just kidding.

Seriously, has anyone ever seen Flywheel or Facing the Giants? There is a new one coming out by the same folks called Fireproof.

Do you all have any input on these? I liked them. They were clean and nice to watch as a family not worrying about the next scene. :2cents

What say you?

Flywheel was a great movie. Not of the same quality of Facing the Giants or Fireproof (Which I loved), but great family movie never the less. Also, Letters to God, I AM, Revelation, Faith like potatoes are awesome movies as well. There was another movie that My wife and I watched that was very moving called "to save a life". I bought it as it was in the Christian film section of a store we shop at, the story on the back looked interesting and appropriate. Although after watching it, I dont think it is for the kids as its content is more mature dealing with teen pregnancy, drugs, etc, (I did get nervous a cpl of times, but nothing grossly inappropriate was shown) it ultimately demonstrates now God works in our lives in tough times.

We enjoy these type of family movies and are even thinking of getting "Skyangel", a christian satellite service.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

"The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers" (available on YouTube)

Excellent documentary revealing the fact that our country was not founded on Christianity. Many of our founding fathers were Universalists, didn't believe in Jesus Christ, etc..

Definitely a must-see.

This is an excellent work that most Christians avoid because they don't want to know the truth.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Just watched "WWJD: THE WOODCARVER" (2012)

A young boy whose parents are in the process of a divorce takes his anger and frustration out on a local small town Church. He goes to work with a woodcarver to help fix the Church back up.

Two thumbs up.

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Been a few years since I last viewed this movie, so decided to watch it again...

"Pamela's Prayer"

When Pamela's mother dies while she is an infant, her father makes a promise to God to pray with Pamela every night.  This he does until the night she gets married.  Then, Pamela prays for him.

Excellent movie produced by Dave Christiano!
Run Time: 56 minutes