• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian based movies

• Members
Erk...I can't stand the Love Comes Softly movies. They are hardly anything at all like the books. The books became popular for a reason and I hate it when screenplay writers take a good thing and rewrite it to suit their own purposes.

We never read the books, but found the movies when we were on furlough. We love them. So I guess I never better read the books or I'll not like them since they're not like the movies! lol

Calvary

• Members

The books are very good and I love them. It is possible to love both, but only if you do what has been said, and treat them as two different sets of people. Also, one plus for the books, Willie does not die.

Really though, the entire fourth movie is off, and it goes farther from there. I stopped watching after the fourth one though. The reviews at church make me think this was a good idea. I would definitaly recommend the books though.

• Members

I stopped watching after the first one. :frog I started the 2nd one and couldn't finish it and started the 3rd one and couldn't finish it. Compared to the books, they were sooooo stooooooooooooooopid! But that's just me. :Green When I heard they killed off Willie, I completely gave up on them. :roll Sheesh! They make Missie out to be some kind of ERA woman or something.

Hehe, sorry for the rant. :Bleh

We never read the books, but found the movies when we were on furlough. We love them. So I guess I never better read the books or I'll not like them since they're not like the movies! lol

Calvary

So did we...Calvary. We haven't read the books, either. :smile

Has anyone seen "The Fourth Wiseman" or "Time Changer"? They're sort of good. "Facing the Giants" has me crying all throughout it since we went through years of infertility too - what they go through is so similar to what we went through and brings all those emotions right back. And the everything's-going-wrong-life-is-falling-apart sort of happenings to them really hit me too because it seems like we've been there a lot too!

I have heard of "Time Changer" Katie, but not "The Fourth Wiseman." Oh...yes, "Facing the Giants" was a tear-jerker...from that point on. Although, I cry at most movies like that. hehe. Talk about emotion? Ya know?

LOL you'd love the books..they're better than the movies. I remember "Love Comes Softly" was the first "grown-up" book my mom let me read. It remains in my heart as a series to love and share with my own daughters one day.

LOL...Another book to add to my list. :Green Thanks guys. :thumb

I've seen Sheffy. I remember liking it just because Bro. Billy Kelly was in it. He was one of my favorite preachers when I was a little girl. Whenever I'd see him I'd run up and give him a biiiiig hug! :P

Joyful...you are a celebrity! YAY! LOL.

• Members

That is one of the best Christian (Baptist) movies that I have ever seen. And, it is true! :clap:

:amen:

I really wish they would make more films like this. There are so many great men of God whom the Lord used in such mighty ways that would make for great movies. There are so many cases of "ordinary" Christians who have done amazing things by the grace of God, or those who have gone through horrific ordeals and come through by abiding in Christ. What great potential for wonderful movies these stories are.

One thing that bothers me is all those Hollywood versions of biblical stories. Typically, parts of them are very good, but the movies could have been great if only they would have stuck to following the Scriptures rather than adding, or subtracting, from the great Scripture stories.

We still like to watch the old "Ten Commandments" movie with Charlton Heston as Moses and while the unscriptural aspects give great occasion to point out the danger of error and highlight the truth, that could have been such a much more powerful movie had they stuck to Scripture.