• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What He Said

ThePilgrim

• Members

Public schools teach feminism and it infects the girls attending to one degree or another. Public schools don't turn every girl into a radical feminist, but a good portion of the feminist doctrine gets into the minds of the girls (and boys too) even if they don't realize it.

It's interesting in Sunday school when we reach portions of Scripture dealing with matters such as women's role in the church or marriage and such. There are a couple of women who really bristle and start talking about things which they don't even realize come straight out of the feminist playbook. These are good women, not radical feminists by any stretch, but through school and elsewhere they have picked up so much of the feminist message that it's deep engrained in them. I'm glad our pastor has the patience and tact to direct them away from where their first inclination to go is, and instead steer them back to Scripture and a discussion of what Scripture actually says, what it means and how we are to apply it.

Likely as not the feminist stuff I picked up when I attended public school would be infecting me much worse now were it not for my Mom countering such and what I've learned from Scripture and biblically sound preaching.

• Administrators

Your post sounds like you made it up yourself, AVBB.  I was raised primarily in public school, aside from two years in parochial school while in junior high.

When the church women had a class on submission, I was completely taken back, as my mother was the most submissive woman that I knew.  I grew up in an RCC home, where the man was certainly the head of the household.  My mom trained her daughters to be like her.  She worked outside the home to send us to college, b/c she wanted us to fall back on something if our husband's should pass on.  Little did she know that my first marriage was to an abusive man who would have murdered me, if I stayed with him.  I am not a feminist and will never be one.  My second husband is the head of my household.  I don't know where you get off with your post about women going to public school being feminist.  Do you have proof to back this up?  Statistics?  Anything?  I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH.

Did you want to start an argument?  It sure seems like it with this post.  Calm down.  And re-read what he said: he didn't say it was every woman, he said it was plenty of women. And he's absolutely right.  You not being a feminist does not make his statement wrong.

I also went to public school for a few of my school years. And they were teaching feminism then - even before you were in high school.  Does that mean everyone who attended became feminist? Of course not. But it certainly affected the majority. Being indoctrinated in something does that, as you know from being a teacher.

Families go a long way toward battling that kind of stuff, thankfully. OBviously your mom was able to combat it in you.  But let's not turn this thread acrimonious.  Thanks.

• Members

Did you want to start an argument?  It sure seems like it with this post.  Calm down.  And re-read what he said: he didn't say it was every woman, he said it was plenty of women. And he's absolutely right.  You not being a feminist does not make his statement wrong.

I also went to public school for a few of my school years. And they were teaching feminism then - even before you were in high school.  Does that mean everyone who attended became feminist? Of course not. But it certainly affected the majority. Being indoctrinated in something does that, as you know from being a teacher.

Families go a long way toward battling that kind of stuff, thankfully. OBviously your mom was able to combat it in you.  But let's not turn this thread acrimonious.  Thanks.

Not at all, HC.  I am very calm.  I am merely stating that my mom who was raised in the RCC and got saved later in life, taught both her daughters how to be submissive.  It seems that the IFB has a grasp on submission, while other religions do not.  That is my point.  My parents taught me morals and values at home.  What I learned in the public school has made me very aware on reaching souls that are lost.  If AVBB has statistical proof that those women reared in public school are feminists, then I would love to see it.  My pastor's wife, my MIL and another older woman who conducted the submission classes we very surprised that I knew how to be a submissive wife.  It was the "home grown" Baptist women that needed the course.  My mom, a woman from the era of the Great Depression, along with various aunts showed me and my sister how to be a submissive wife.  For example, they always voted for the same candidate that their husbands voted for.  I learned it from them.  I didn't need the Bible to show me that what they taught me was correct.  When I began reading and studying the word of God, it reiterated what I had already known.  Comments such as AVBB shared on this forum have no business on a Bible believing site.  It is just his opinion.  This is my experience and I believe it is an over generalization to paint public school children with a broad brush.  Learning begins at home.

• Administrators

Not at all, HC.  I am very calm.  I am merely stating that my mom who was raised in the RCC and got saved later in life, taught both her daughters how to be submissive.  It seems that the IFB has a grasp on submission, while other religions do not.  That is my point.  My parents taught me morals and values at home.  What I learned in the public school has made me very aware on reaching souls that are lost.  If AVBB has statistical proof that those women reared in public school are feminists, then I would love to see it.  My pastor's wife, my MIL and another older woman who conducted the submission classes we very surprised that I knew how to be a submissive wife.  It was the "home grown" Baptist women that needed the course.  My mom, a woman from the era of the Great Depression, along with various aunts showed me and my sister how to be a submissive wife.  For example, they always voted for the same candidate that their husbands voted for.  I learned it from them.  I didn't need the Bible to show me that what they taught me was correct.  When I began reading and studying the word of God, it reiterated what I had already known.  Comments such as AVBB shared on this forum have no business on a Bible believing site.  It is just his opinion.  This is my experience and I believe it is an over generalization to paint public school children with a broad brush.  Learning begins at home.

My point is that you don't need to be combative about it.  Your statement that I bolded is completely wrong.  His opinions are as welcome as yours, which you have shared in abundance in the past - as have we all.

I'm glad you're calm. AVBB doesn't need statistical proof - all anyone need do is look around at the current product of public schools. Not ALL of them, but many.  And there are many Christian women who are feminist without intention because of what they were taught.  *shrugs* I've been in a lot of churches, met a lot of Christian women who attended public school, and it is a truth. It is a given that what people are taught in school will follow them throughout life. Oftentimes even after they are saved.

Nothing was broad-brushed. Broadbrushing would be be to say that every single Christian woman who went to public school is a feminist. That wasn't what was said.  So let's move on...

4.2 Billion to be precise, and with no actual plan, just money to fix the prOBlem.

Wait a minute here! That trailing 2 on your figure above was to secure the border!

• Members

My point is that you don't need to be combative about it.  Your statement that I bolded is completely wrong.  His opinions are as welcome as yours, which you have shared in abundance in the past - as have we all.

I'm glad you're calm. AVBB doesn't need statistical proof - all anyone need do is look around at the current product of public schools. Not ALL of them, but many.  And there are many Christian women who are feminist without intention because of what they were taught.  *shrugs* I've been in a lot of churches, met a lot of Christian women who attended public school, and it is a truth. It is a given that what people are taught in school will follow them throughout life. Oftentimes even after they are saved.

Nothing was broad-brushed. Broadbrushing would be be to say that every single Christian woman who went to public school is a feminist. That wasn't what was said.  So let's move on...

I am not being combative.  I am sorry that my post to AVBB came across that way.  I am just being blunt.

Funny thing is that many born again Christians who attend public school and are grounded in there local IFB church are not feminist, nor do they lack understanding of God's word.  Their parents teach them at home.  Remember, not all Christians can afford Christian school and not all can home school their children.  These children I am speaking of, become adults and go on for higher learning in the local Independent Baptist Church.  Their days in public school has not affected them at all.

As with my family, we did not know any Baptists and weren't privy to anything but public or parochial school.  My parents chose public school as they were forced to attend parochial school by their parents.  I only attended parochial school b/c of the rash of kidnappings in my neighborhood, and the public school extended the lunch hour.  My mom was working outside of the home, and both of my parents thought it was much safer to attend parochial school, as they had a school lunch program.  Praise God those years taught me nothing, except the Trinity (godhead).  Some of the strongest Christians I know attended public schools.  I meet them all the time.  Many IFB pastors have attested to this as well.  

It would be nice if IFB's wouldn't slight Christians who have attended public school.  That is all..

Your post sounds like you made it up yourself, AVBB.  I was raised primarily in public school, aside from two years in parochial school while in junior high.

When the church women had a class on submission, I was completely taken back, as my mother was the most submissive woman that I knew.  I grew up in an RCC home, where the man was certainly the head of the household.  My mom trained her daughters to be like her.  She worked outside the home to send us to college, b/c she wanted us to fall back on something if our husband's should pass on.  Little did she know that my first marriage was to an abusive man who would have murdered me, if I stayed with him.  I am not a feminist and will never be one.  My second husband is the head of my household.  I don't know where you get off with your post about women going to public school being feminist.  Do you have proof to back this up?  Statistics?  Anything?  I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH.

Hmmm..." I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH." Are there more than one public school system here?

• Members

Hmmm..." I resent you calling me a feminist b/c I was reared primarily in a public school system, of which was and still is the best public school system in the State of OH." Are there more than one public school system here?

Hudson schools on the east side of town and Rocky River schools on the west side of town have been rated as the best school districts in the State of OH, many years running.

Hudson schools on the east side of town and Rocky River schools on the west side of town have been rated as the best school districts in the State of OH, many years running.

Oh...ok, you meant districts. I was afraid taxes were going up again to support another public school system.

• Administrators

It would be nice if IFB's wouldn't slight Christians who have attended public school.  That is all..

No-one was slighting anyone. Well, unless you want us to say you're slighting IFB's...I know you aren't, but we could say you are.  Just don't be jumping to the conclusion that someone's comment is a slight for which you need to take offense.  That is all.

:11backtotopic:

Archived