• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Are Your Plans For This 4Th Of July Weekend?

2bLikeJesus

• Members

I will be going up Thursday night to begin camping for the weekend with 30 others from our church at Diamond Lake, OR where they have an awesome fireworks display every year. We have the group campsites reserved through Saturday night!  It will be an awesome fellowship with the greatest church family on this planet!

Bro. Garry

• Administrators

My hubby is going to golf on Friday morning. Then early afternoon we are heading south three hours to visit our son and daughter-in-law. We'll cook out that night and just visit with them. And will head home Saturday evening for church Sunday. Can't wait.

• Moderators

Our long weekend is this weekend - only it's broken up, cause the 1st is a Tuesday. 5th Sunday potluck at church tomorrow, then the church Canada Day picnic in the country on Tuesday. (Games, food, guns... what can beat that?:wink) Maybe the young people will drive into the city and check out the fireworks. Good times.

• Moderators

:lol: You guys are hilarious.

What you taking to potluck, Salyan?

Pasta salad and strawberry shortcake dessert for today (and ice bowls); raspberry-rhubarb slab pie and watermelon juice for Canada Day. Oh, and refrigerator pickles.

• Members

Last year we had a riot on one of the Island beach's  11 police officers were hospitalized 60 people injured and over 100 arrested  the mayor of the Island banned alcohol use on the beach after the riot but recently remove the ban in fear of losing money.

I'll be staying home in prayer

Praying that all will have a great and safe fourth of July

God bless 

• Administrators

Our son and DIL don't know that we are bringing our grill with us.  It's old, but it still works. We haven't used it in years, so we decided to give it to them.  They just got a new place, so this is going to be a housewarming visit as well.  Can't wait to see them.

• Moderators

A man in our church sells fireworks (only a 9 day window every year) and last year set up a second tent -- my wife and I work it for him. My son and I (plus a dog) sleep there at night for security reasons.

Funny event last year: I had a life size dummy in a chair in the shadows past the tent opening. The local police shift sergeant thought it was one of us and stopped to talk. By the time he had gotten close enough to realize it was a dummy the dog barked and we woke up. We had a .45 and a 12 gauge in hand as we hear, "POLICE OFFICER".  Total time -- prOBably 5-7 seconds.

He and I laughed about it. I told him, "it's been over 30 years since I've gotten up that fast". He replied, "It's been over 10 since I identified myself that fast."

• Members

A man in our church sells fireworks (only a 9 day window every year) and last year set up a second tent -- my wife and I work it for him. My son and I (plus a dog) sleep there at night for security reasons.

Funny event last year: I had a life size dummy in a chair in the shadows past the tent opening. The local police shift sergeant thought it was one of us and stopped to talk. By the time he had gotten close enough to realize it was a dummy the dog barked and we woke up. We had a .45 and a 12 gauge in hand as we hear, "POLICE OFFICER".  Total time -- prOBably 5-7 seconds.

He and I laughed about it. I told him, "it's been over 30 years since I've gotten up that fast". He replied, "It's been over 10 since I identified myself that fast."

you be careful brother its getting really dangerous to run even a fireworks stand '' Praying '' 

• Members

Change of plans we may have our first hurricane of the season the 4th it's a tropical storm right now but by mid morning it will be up to hurricane strength the storm is very close to land and is 50 miles wide the weather stations are reporting the storm may make landfall just above us but are not sure where it's going to make landfall and if it doesn't come on land here we will still be getting 70 to 80 mile per.hr winds and heavy rain and some tornado's

There's over 1 million visitors here for the 4th and we are already having many vacationers being injured from the strong rip currents and high suffer and if this hurricane makes landfall here there will be a lot of panic and evacuation next to impossible.

Which gives us even more the reason to be in prayer and I cant think of no better way to spend the 4th of July then praying with the family.

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful 4th

God bless 

Archived