• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John Calvin Had It All Wrong

Calvary

• Members

Covenanter, on 28 Jul 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:snapback.png

Our church begins our Holiday Bible Club at 1 p.m. today. It will run all week. Previous years we have up to 70 children, mostly from non-Christian families.

It went very well, with the Gospel of Jesus preached to a total of 76 children (& many parents) through the deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. Lots of enthusiastic singing. e.g.

God is a Holy God,

we can't be friends because of our sin.

Jesus died to cleanse our sin; when we put our trust in him,

God opens his arms & welcomes us in.

It's not on Youtube.

About 15 of the youngsters are regulars in the church, & we are reinforcing the message with the memory texts & songs. Some parents come with younger children to our "Stay & play" morning.

And mid week we had news from a Christian camp in Wales that one of our youngsters had come to repentance & faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He gave his testimony in the church on Sunday.

Please pray for Ezekiel (13) & his godly mother, Lisa & his younger brother Elijah.

12 years ago, the church was reduced to fewer than 10 elderly English, who were unable to reach out. Pastor ROBin is a Pakistani believer who came with the support of the "home missions" of our group of churches. About six years ago he married a converted Sikh. Our congregation now is 30-40, including children.

Do "Calvinism" & Reformed doctrine hinder our outreach & service? I hope you agree that they do NOT.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hello Ian

Great news about that young Person,

Would that camp be at the CCIW camps?

Some of our members go to a later one at CCIW and this year they are going on the 17th August.  One coupl;e are in charge of all the catering for the camp and last year they catered for about 120 including helpers.  Our back hall is filled with cans of food, etc and the feeezer is full with meat.  The camp is somewhat remote and they have to take all the food with them.  They spent all last week cooking and they were continuing today.  Some of our younger members are also going as tent leaders.

My two eldest grandchildren were helping on a beach mission at Lyme Regis for the last two weeks.  The local council tried to stop them but after discussions have given them permission to continue for three years then they will review the situation.

Their mum, my daughter; has gone to Folkestone today to help with a camp at Grace Baptist Church, Folkestone. 

• Members

It went very well, with the Gospel of Jesus preached to a total of 76 children (& many parents) through the deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. Lots of enthusiastic singing. e.g.

God is a Holy God,

we can't be friends because of our sin.

Jesus died to cleanse our sin; when we put our trust in him,

God opens his arms & welcomes us in.

It's not on Youtube.

About 15 of the youngsters are regulars in the church, & we are reinforcing the message with the memory texts & songs. Some parents come with younger children to our "Stay & play" morning.

And mid week we had news from a Christian camp in Wales that one of our youngsters had come to repentance & faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He gave his testimony in the church on Sunday.

Please pray for Ezekiel (13) & his godly mother, Lisa & his younger brother Elijah.

12 years ago, the church was reduced to fewer than 10 elderly English, who were unable to reach out. Pastor ROBin is a Pakistani believer who came with the support of the "home missions" of our group of churches. About six years ago he married a converted Sikh. Our congregation now is 30-40, including children.

Do "Calvinism" & Reformed doctrine hinder our outreach & service? I hope you agree that they do NOT.

I saw the camp leaflet this morning (at our prayer meeting) & noticed the Chaplain was Matthew Jones, Elder at the church attended by one of my sons. Wall Heath Evangelical Free Church.

May these special occasions & camps be blessed by the salvation of many.

• Members

The discussion was about the false doctrines, not the bits you might get right.
Even the Catholics get some doctrines right.

If you want a competition then you have come to the wrong place.

Especially right now as my son just came back from a definitely non-calvinist trip where far more than one was saved.

That in itself doesn't prove a doctrine right or wrong.

If you actually wanted people to rejoice over it, you would have put it in the soul winning section........

By putting it here, you are using it as propaganda. ......

But, praise God if he did get saved. If he did it was because of the preaching of the Gospel, not the preaching of Calvinism.

• Members

I had wanted to say this earlier but I held my tongue but now you asked for an anti-calvinist to comment and here goes.

Number or activity does not prove the truth of any system of Theology.  Gain is not th evidence of godliness as some would want us to think.  Large ministries prove nothing. 

2Cor 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.   And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.   Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

PrOBably not what you wanted to hear and at the same time it is what you were expecting to hear.

• Members

Also, the number of popular teachers in a certain theology does not make it true. There are a number of popular preachers who hold to Calvinism, and people basically get the theology by listening to them or reading their books, not from the Bible. We need to throw out our creeds and have the Bible as the ONLY authority.

• Members

Benny Hinn uses a King James Bible, has the plan of salvation outlned on his website, and claims Jesus Christ is Savior, and preaches on ''the blood''.

My Jesus created all things, tasted death for every man, is willing that all should come to repentence, is not willing that any should perish, and he did not create a single person to burn in Hell for the ''glory'' of it..

• Members

Also, the number of popular teachers in a certain theology does not make it true. There are a number of popular preachers who hold to Calvinism, and people basically get the theology by listening to them or reading their books, not from the Bible. We need to throw out our creeds and have the Bible as the ONLY authority.

fully agreed.

• Members

Benny Hinn uses a King James Bible, has the plan of salvation outlned on his website, and claims Jesus Christ is Savior, and preaches on ''the blood''.

My Jesus created all things, tasted death for every man, is willing that all should come to repentence, is not willing that any should perish, and he did not create a single person to burn in Hell for the ''glory'' of it..

And what is your point exactly?

• Members

A full understanding of Scripture is not required for one to be saved. Thanks be to God for that! We must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, come in the flesh, died and resurrected to pay for our sins. With our heart we believe, with our mouth we confess.

God made salvation very easy.

Our view of various other matters, which most often are come to after salvation, don't necessarily prove or disprove one being saved or lost.

Archived