• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Connections...

HappyChristian

• Administrators

I thought of a game that I hope will be fun - entertaining, at least.  I was thinking the other day about how many people on here live somewhere that someone else once did, or have connections in another way - no matter how OBscure it seems.  So...here's how the game works.

When someone posts something that links to you, you post how it links to you, and then put in a couple of facts about yourself that someone else might link to.

For example:

I might say that my hubby and son are Buckeyes.  And that at one time I lived in Oklahoma.  I also take piano lessons.  The next poster could pick up on any of these things, with a connection they have to it.  Does that make sense? Hope so - and I hope everyone enjoys playing along....Here we go:

I was born in Seattle, WA, ergo - I love rain.  :icon_smile:  My "granddogger" is a chihuahua/miniature pinscher mix. Northwestern Indiana summers are muggy.  

Anyone?

• Members

I am loosely connected in that I have lived in the Pacific Northwest for most of my life now in Spokane, WA, Coeur d' Alene, ID, Eugene, OR, and now Roseburg, OR.  Being a Seattle Mariners fan, I visit Seattle at least 4 times a year to go to a game (I love Seattle).   I was in the Marine Corps from 1976 - 1980 and was stationed in El Toro, CA (Tustin), El Paso, TX, Okinawa, Japan, Subic Bay Philippines, and Camp Lejeune, NC.  I went to Junior High and High School in Denver, CO where I graduated from Pomona Sr High in Arvada, CO (suburb of Denver).  I went to college at Pacific Coast Baptist College, San Dimas, CA (now Heartland Baptist College in Oklahoma City) from 1980 - 1982.  I am currently a student at Umpqua Community College majoring in  Health Informatics and I am starting my Junior year.  Being in the Pacific Northwest most of my life now, I do love the rain.   

Bro. Garry

• Members

I wasn't a Marine, but I was in the Coast Guard in the mid-80s...boot-camp in New Jersey and stationed twice in New London, Connecticut and once at Yorktown, Virginia.

I like rain too, and the Lord has really given us a lot this year in Georgia! 

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here before...prOBably not, because I seldom mention it...but I have a Bachelor of Theology degree from Andersonville Theological Seminary.

I do fall into sin periodically and watch (or listen to) an Atlanta Braves baseball game... :nuts:

I'm getting close to 50 years old, married, and have a 15 year old daughter and a 4 year old son...at a time when most folks around my area are enjoying their grandchildren at my age...we are still having children of our own.   :coffee2:

• Members

We just had rain yesterday, in S.E. Indiana. I have a good friend who lives in Georgia, named Mark Peterson, we graduated in the same vocational class (Commercial Art) in 1983.

I am also close to 50, in fact this year I turn the big five-o. (Half a century)

I don't sin in baseball, but I feel for you NN. :)

I, we, my wife and I, (there got that one right), have four children ourselves and enjoy our lives living out in the country in an old railroad town.

It used to be a booming town in it's day, now, just 3-4 houses left, with ours being one of the originals, '1860's ish'.

An access lane leads to our 'mansion/castle'. (story and a half farmhouse)

:godisgood:

Archived