• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We Are Going Through A Good Time, Praise The Lord.

DaveW

• Members

As I mentioned in another thread, we moved the seating around in the auditorium.
It was well received.
We also have been talking about "kick starting" the various ministries at this church.
Over many years the people here got comfortable and a bit tired - but finally people are starting to get excited.
We have people wanting to get involved in youth group, kids club, Sunday School, and in evangelistic endeavours.
We have people wanting to sing specials.

I have been trying to get these things going and working over the last three years, but they keep stalling out.

This time it "feels" different.
I don't mean going on feelings, but there is something decidedly different about the talk, and the action.

And the last two Sundays the car park has been full and the seats inside are pretty full.

Now I know it is not my preaching - I haven't suddenly got better or anything like that.
It is not my attitude - I don't think (!) anything has changed there.

And it is not just excitement over changing the room around - it was swelling up before that.
In fact, it was prOBably the excitement building that prompted the reshuffle.

I have been slow to share this build up because of the recent atmosphere here, but I want to praise the Lord for all of this.

• Members

Never be slow and hold back there are those whom will joy in lord the with you, I remember the other post and it's a joy to see God moving in the church. will continue to pray 

God bless

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Update report.

The last four weeks our car park has been full - a few of us are now parking on our lawn to make sure that visitors can find a parking spot.
And today the weather was atrocious.
Perth winters are normally pretty mild, but today we had driving rain and howling winds when we arrived an hour early as normal. I thought we would have almost no one because of it.
By the start time the rain had all but stopped and the car park was full again this week.
People are still looking for ways to help out.
Some of the young people have stepped up to do the tiny Sunday school.
The young people all got into the discipleship material we are doing at youth group.
And we had some new visitors again this week.
The people are excited to see the Lord working and many - maybe all of us - want to get in and be used by Him.

Praise the Lord.

• Members

Praise God!

We had a downpour thunderstorm early this morning which ended about 10 minutes or so before time to leave for church.

There is flooding in the area so our numbers were down this morning due to some of our members who come from father away, especially those on the other side of the river, not being able to get here. Praise God, everyone else was here today and we had an excellent service and Sunday school.

• Members

Just to let people know what we are talking about (I don't count numbers), we currently have 77 seats in the auditorium, and most seats were full. The front row wasn't, so counting them out we had 65 minus a seat here and there.

We are not talking mega-church here. :lol:

If this keeps up we will have to bring in extra chairs - the auditorium is registered for 110 and that will be a real squeeze.

Until this last few weeks we would have about 35 - 40, and occasionally have around 60 ish. I am guessing here by the way.

The far more important aspect is the (small 's') spirit amongst us.
People are excited about what the Holy Spirit is doing here.

I think you all understand that, but I just wanted to give a bit more info.

We have our own building. No loan over it. It is a small building - auditorium, kitchen, bathrooms - that's it. We have a "demountable building" with two rooms for Sunday School.
We are in the process of adding a foyer and office on the side 18 years after the building was originally finished.

The previous Pastor, whom I love dearly, laboured away here for near 20 years. He built the building along with some people still here. I doubt I would have had the faith to do what he did.
This church at times got to around 80 or so under his leadership.
He aged, wearied, and found himself with health prOBlems.
A few years ago they asked me to take over. After much prayer and a lot of discussion we merged the church I was struggling with and this one. After about 6 months he stepped back and I stepped forward, then another 12 months later he stepped away. We keep in touch, he preaches for us occasionally.

Because everyone was tired it has been a long struggle to get this place moving again.
I have at times wondered if the Lord could get these people going again, and I was starting to weary myself.
But the Lord has OBviously decided it is time to move amongst these people, and I am blessed to be watching and to be dragged along on this ride.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Dave,

That is wonderful news. I heard from a friend in  my old church on the Qld central coast that their church has grown and is moving along too. Australia still has some life left in it. Our church is doing well too. Our teen youth has grown with lots of kids from the local community. It is wonderful to see God's hand move.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Update report.

The last four weeks our car park has been full - a few of us are now parking on our lawn to make sure that visitors can find a parking spot.
And today the weather was atrocious.
Perth winters are normally pretty mild, but today we had driving rain and howling winds when we arrived an hour early as normal. I thought we would have almost no one because of it.
By the start time the rain had all but stopped and the car park was full again this week.
People are still looking for ways to help out.
Some of the young people have stepped up to do the tiny Sunday school.
The young people all got into the discipleship material we are doing at youth group.
And we had some new visitors again this week.
The people are excited to see the Lord working and many - maybe all of us - want to get in and be used by Him.

Praise the Lord.

Sounds like a perfect example of Psalm 127.

Ps 127:1 A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

I love to hear about God stepping in and rewarding the labors of the faithful!

Archived