• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reformed Theology Is Replacement Theology

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We do all seem to on edge these days, though, including me I'm ashamed to say.

walking on eggshells, walking on eggshells.

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. 

We've got to watch our words.  don't want to offend anyone with the truth.

fading back into the shadows once again.

• Moderators

We've got to watch our words.  don't want to offend anyone with the truth.

That is a misrepresentation of the situation, SFIC, and you know it. Stop complaining.

:11backtotopic: 

• Administrators

James 3:6, 8, 9

And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God

Even God says to watch our words. That should be good enough for anybody who names the name of Christ.

(sorry salyan, was writing this as you posted...back to topic  :icon_smile: )

• Members

I love that people always use Spurgeon as an example of a Baptist calvinist.

I have every message that he ever preached that was recorded (by written records for the picky ones) and he preached a couple of messages on the five tulip points - in support of them!
BUT - and it is a very big but - he believed and taught more messages upholding the free will of man in salvation.
He acknowledged that it was inconsistent, but said it was one of the unresolveable things about God - That God was sovereign AND man was free to choose.

Anyone who claims Spurgeon as a proper calvinist does not know what Spurgeon taught.

I have read a bit of Spurgeon myself, and I find him very balanced on the 'teachings' of the scriptures, and I always am encouraged by what I read.

Therefore what is said about one 'teaching' being false doctrine, and those that follow it are false teachers, how come Spurgeon isn't called a false teacher?

It's because you can't box people in a 'doctrine' of IFB.

By the way, some speak here as if the IFB were a denomination.

I am a Baptist, independent of any other Baptist, and I will follow the convictions God has placed upon my own heart to

believe and follow, irregardless of anyone's 'opinion' of what scripture 'really' teaches. So, as a Baptist, God has led

me to believe some of what Calvinism teaches, and some of what preterism teaches, along with other scriptural

doctrines that are taught in my personal experience in the reading and studying of the scriptures.

As I expect everyone of you are too.

• Members

The purpose of Private Messages is to avoid posting "assumptions" about statements such as this one,

At the same time, many like to paint liars as honest men.

in the thread.  Why not PM the person and ask what he/she meant instead?  Make those types of questions/assumptions private.

By using the Private Message option, the thread won't be derailed by the "questioning/assuming" post and the post in "response" explaining the intent.

:11backtotopic:

Archived