• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reformed Theology Is Replacement Theology

• Members

Reformed Theology is the same as Covenant Theology.  Covenant Theology uses an historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation for many passages, but also uses the allegorical or spiritualizing  method of Bible interpretation for a number of prophetic passages dealing with the future of Israel and the future Kingdom of God.  Covenant Theology believes that the Church existed in Old Testament times and that Israel was a major part of the Church in the Old Testament.  Therefore Covenant/Reformed Theology teach that the nation of Israel and the Church are the same, which leads right into Replacement Theology, that the Church has now replaced Israel in the NT.

Dispensational Theology does not use the allegorical or spiritualizing method of Bible interpretation, but uses only the historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation--which means that words are given the common, ordinary meaning meaning which they had in the culture and time in which the passage was written.  IOW, dispensationalism recognizes a distinction between the nation of Israel and the Church.  Dispensational Theology teaches that the nation of Israel  and the Church are two distinct entities.

Conclusion:  Reformed/Covenant Theology = Replacement Theology.  The reason for this teaching is the method of Bible interpretation....allegorical vs. literal.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am amazed at some IFB's who don't know this, Linda (or at least claim they don't know it).  If someone who was raised in the RCC for most of my life, knows what it is, then an IFB should know it.  Maybe a Protestant doesn't know, but I hope they would come to realize what it is.  You gave a very good explanation.  Thank you for re-posting it from the other thread that Happy Christian locked.  Shalom, sister:)

• Members

Well people make minute differences - variations in small and irrelevant matters and then point to them and claim they are not the same.

And there are variations in these as there are in other matters anyway.

But essentially they are indeed the same, come from the same protestant basis and lead to the same false results.

Make of it what you will, and watch them come and tell you that you are wrong and begin twisting things to 'prove it' - but we know the reality.

And we also know that they will continue to push their protestant based false doctrines around with gay abandon.....

• Members

Good post, Dave.  I have to deal with Roman Catholics and Protestants on a daily basis in the real world.  Why is it that "Online Baptist - An Independent Baptist Community since 2002!  (Note the explanation mark at the end of the name of the site, shows excitement) allows Protestants with their false views, run rampant on this forum. However, IFB's are silenced as we contend for the faith?  I just don't understand.  What pains me is the number of IFB's who have left the site, for this very reason, and don't intend to come back.  This site has slowly gone downhill, since I was on it years ago, and keeps riding that slippery slope.  The "falling away" is one of the explanations that I have for this.  It just baffles me to see this happening on the site that taught me many things, years ago.  SMH     

• Moderators

Okay, that's it. There will be no further hijacking of threads with complaints about 'how bad Online Baptist has gotten.' From anyone. No more complaining about the site, no more putting down the mods. This habit will no longer be tolerated. We do recognize a need for a concerted moderation effort against certain doctrines - Calvinism, in particular - and we are working towards that goal. If you have complaints about issues/persons, please use the Report feature - that's what it's for. This statement should not be misconstrued as insinuating that we do not desire input from OB members - we do. By all means, report it or PM us. We may not get back to you as quickly as we may like, but rest assured that we carefully consider each issue brought to us. However, the kind of public castigation demonstrated by many, including the late James Ach, is neither constructive nor helpful, and certainly does not promote a good spirit on OB. Despite whatever unfounded accusations are being tossed around, we are working hard to try to keep this site a welcoming spot for conservative, independent, fundamental, non-Calvinist, baptist believers. Your assistance and encouragement is appreciated. Your condemnation is not.

Over the past few months, I have repeatedly heard certain folks say how much they dislike OB. Well, if you (speaking generally, not meaning anyone in particular) hate it that badly, why are you still here? I love OB, but I despise these persistent destructive postings that do so much to sow discord and bring up past prOBlems.

Now, Back to the Topic!

• Members

Conclusion:  Reformed/Covenant Theology = Replacement Theology.  The reason for this teaching is the method of Bible interpretation....allegorical vs. literal.

Jesus said that God is a spirit, and is not a physical being, So how do you interpret, let's say Isaiah 59;1? does God have arms or a physical ear?

• Members

Jesus said that God is a spirit, and is not a physical being, So how do you interpret, let's say Isaiah 59;1? does God have arms or a physical ear?

Standard misdirection employed by those who want to promote a false interpretation of the Bible.

No intelligent person would deny that there are symbolic passages in God's Word, but they are clearly indicated in the text.
Throw your red herrings on someone else's table - I don't eat rubbish like that.

• Members

No intelligent person would deny that there are symbolic passages in God's Word, but they are clearly indicated in the text.
Throw your red herrings on someone else's table - I don't eat rubbish like that.

Good, then we agree! Some parts are allegorical and some are literal!

• Members

Okay, that's it. There will be no further hijacking of threads with complaints about 'how bad Online Baptist has gotten.' From anyone. No more complaining about the site, no more putting down the mods. This habit will no longer be tolerated. We do recognize a need for a concerted moderation effort against certain doctrines - Calvinism, in particular - and we are working towards that goal. If you have complaints about issues/persons, please use the Report feature - that's what it's for. This statement should not be misconstrued as insinuating that we do not desire input from OB members - we do. By all means, report it or PM us. We may not get back to you as quickly as we may like, but rest assured that we carefully consider each issue brought to us. However, the kind of public castigation demonstrated by many, including the late James Ach, is neither constructive nor helpful, and certainly does not promote a good spirit on OB. Despite whatever unfounded accusations are being tossed around, we are working hard to try to keep this site a welcoming spot for conservative, independent, fundamental, non-Calvinist, baptist believers. Your assistance and encouragement is appreciated. Your condemnation is not.

Over the past few months, I have repeatedly heard certain folks say how much they dislike OB. Well, if you (speaking generally, not meaning anyone in particular) hate it that badly, why are you still here? I love OB, but I despise these persistent destructive postings that do so much to sow discord and bring up past prOBlems.

Now, Back to the Topic!

:goodpost:

• Members

Now, Back to the Topic!

Several months ago, BroMatt private messaged me about my complaints on OB.  I explained what they were, but he never responded back to me.  I private messaged HC, this week about how disgruntled I am with what was said in the OP, and my input was disliked immediately.  We ended up taking about other things in that private message, once she made herself perfectly clear that my complaint wasn't valid in her eyes.  

The only reason I am still on OB, is that I hope this prOBlem stated by the OP will change how OB is run.  The good thing I can say is that OB holds to the KJV, except for a certain member who uses another Bible; however, he doesn't post from it.  Recently, there is a thread about the validity of the KJV, however, I believe the moderator in charge is handling that appropriately.  Those are the reasons, I am staying.  Also, my point is not to so discord.  It is my hope to build up OB, to the site, that it was years ago.

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."  ~ Jude 3

• Members

Who are we to say that God's Spirit does not have hands or arms?  Have you ever seen His Spirit?  I haven't.
I agree, DaveW.  Classic misdirection. 
If the Bible says God has hands, arms, feet, & eyes, who is man to question it?

Then if you haven't seen it? How can you prove that He does?

Archived