• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God Is So Good...

HappyChristian

• Administrators

I wasn't sure where to put this because it could fit several fora, so I thought I'd just put it in the lounge.  Something happened this last week - and you'll see in a moment - that prompted this thread.  (as well as it being mentioned that there are never any threads like this...which, there have been, but here's another!)  I thought it would be a good idea to talk about how we've seen God's goodness in our lives or in the lives of others.

This past weekend, two brothers - 8 & 9 years old - drowned in a pit in a nearby town.  I would appreciate your prayers for the family. Losing one child would be terrible, losing two at the same time and in the same way is just, well, unthinkable.

Anyway...there is a praise in there.  God is so good.  See, we run a number of buses. Have done so for all the years of the church.  And we pick up children in all the surrounding cities.  We bring them in to church.  They hear the gospel in Sunday School, church, on the bus coming and going.  Bus workers visit in their homes every week, getting to know the kids and their families very well.

These two boys were some of ours.  They had ridden the bus to church for years.  They had gotten saved. Praise the Lord these boys are in Heaven.  The family has asked one of the men who worked with the kids to help them - be with them through this, etc.

Even through this tragedy, we can see the goodness of God. He knew their appointed time - and He made a way for them to come to Him in salvation.  Now the boys' family is grieving, but they can have hope because of this.

Sadness, but gladness intertwined.

God is so good. All the time.

• Members

That is so horrible to hear, HC.  Praise the Lord the boys were saved!  I can't imagine what the parents are going through.  This is a parents' worse nightmare.  I will keep the family in prayer.  Yes, God is good as in the boys got saved before they passed away.  Just prayed for the family of the boys and the situation.

• Members

Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for loving them enough to share the gospel with them so that they trusted in Jesus as their savior

I just prayed for this family lifting them up to God that He will bring His peace to them and His will be done.

Praying for you and your church I know you are feeling the hurt of losing them as well.

Praying

God bless 

• Members

Wow HC, I saw this on the news this weekend! It was very sad seeing their mom being interviewed. Truly heartbreaking. I have two boys around the same age. I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain,....
God is certainly good, even in times when things look bleakest. Thanks for sharing HC, it lifts my heart now to know this.

Archived