• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Vatican Makes History...

• Administrators

-This article was in the Washington Times online. There were some questionable ads, so I just posted the article and am giving credit to the source-

For the first time in Vatican history, the pope allowed for the reading of Islamic prayers and Korean readings from the Catholic facility.

The readings and prayer came as Pope Francis met with Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in Vatican City, a gathering designed to pray for Middle Eastern peace.

A Holy See spokesman said the prayers were supposed to be a “pause in politics,” Breitbart reported. The pope said, too, that he hoped the interfaith prayers would foster peace specifically between Israelis and Palestinians, the news outlet said.

Jewish prayers were also incorporated.  Francis has decided to be a peacemaker in the Middle East.  I think we all know how that's going to turn out...

• Administrators

Some of the words aren't correct (I mean what they posted on the video).

This is the cant:

Flammas [not Mammas] eius lucifer Matutinus inveniat [not with a b - although it can sound like it] ille, Inquam, lucifer, qui nexcit occasum

Christ Filius tuus qui, regression ab inferis, humano generi Serenus illuxit, et et vivit regnat in Saedula saeculorum.

Luciferians have taken it and made it say that it is to Satan, or Lucifer, but the actual (original) translation is this:

May the Morning Star which never sets find this flame still burning: Christ, that Morning Star, who came back from the dead, and shed his peaceful light on all mankind, your Son, who lives and reigns for ever and ever.

Lucifer is morning star in Latin.

I have to say that I don't think the pope is declaring himself anti-christ, since he's still the vicar of Christ (supposedly) on earth.

It's still not something I would want to sing (it's not original with Francis, either, BTW).  I can see it coming to mean Lucifer as we know him in scripture...

• Members

Thanks.  Linda and I were questioning it, mainly because we thought the voice was a "dub-over" what had actually been said.  Sounds more like a woman's voice to us also.

And, it would make no sense for Francis to say what was claimed to have been said.  Especially in light of what is traditionally taught in the Catholic church concerning God and, Lucifer and Jesus Christ. 

• Administrators

Actually it doesn't.  The term vicar simply means representative. It comes from the Latin vicarius and means the same as vice, as in assistant or deputy.  

I've heard the woman who did the speaking before. I don't know her name, but her voice is distinct. She does a lot of these type things. There is very definitely a movement to equate Lucifer with Christ (the Mormon church is built on that!), but the RCC has never done that - yet. I do believe the day is coming, though.

• Members

I believe vicar in reference to the pope, actually means he is In Place of Christ, which sounds like he is in a much higher position than an assistant or a deputy.  Since he is in place of Christ on this earth he makes all the final decisions as to the church on this earth.  I could be wrong.  If I am please correct me.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Speaking of pope Francis, what do you make of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jc61xBfcGI&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, this is a hoax.  A Facebook friend had it posted on her wall, while ago.  She swears by this woman who did the the video.  It is not accurate, at all.  HC gave a great explanation as to why.

• Members

The Catholic church is already in error.  The woman didn't need to make up lies to make them look worse.  LOL

In all seriousness SFIC, I thought the same thing when I saw this.  This woman made things worse by putting out this video about the Vatican.  Many people, except the Roman Catholics (and even some of them are coming to know that the Vatican lies) understand how the RCC operates.  This woman with her phony video, did the case for "true" Christianity a disservice. 

• Administrators

So the Pope is for Chrislam? 

I think this particular one is sincerely for peace.  But it is a truth that Catholicism has always absorbed beliefs into itself.  In order for a one-world church to emerge, major religions are going to have to find common ground and join hands.  Of course, true Christianity won't have anything to do with it, but Catholicism, Judaism, and Islam are three of the majors in the world today.

Archived