• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Teen Daughter Is Going To Public School Now...

The Glory Land

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was shock to see two girls kissing. I told her, now you will see the true public schools and the lost at work. Practice now what you have learned in the Christian schools and home, for the US is now turning from God. For what is bad now is good, and the good for them is bad. Find the right friends, for when you attend college you will do well and not be shocked of what is going on around you, for we are living in trouble time. Thanks you for sharing this with me, I told her, you will be much smarter than me. :)

------

Some members here act like if my teens will pay the price, you will remember my words? They said, and I believe they are a bit to extreme. The public schools do have prOBlems, but there are also benefits in my opinion. 

----

Support and some understanding, sounds good to me. I am surprise to some of the replys here. I am sending my kids to a evil place are not the right words or true. For not all of them are the same. They are not going to hang out with trouble makers or evil doers. For they are Saved and baptized. 

You ask for support and understanding, however, in your first post, you don't mention why you decided to send your daughter to public school, you just mention she is now going and she is shocked at seeing two girls kissing, and that's why people are responding the way they are. I'm glad you told her she's now going to be seeing the true face of public schools, because believe me, she will be seeing worse once summer school is over and real school begins. You need to prepare her for that.

I'd really like to know how you know 100% sure your children will not hang out with trouble makers or evil doers just because they are saved and baptized. When I was in public school I made friends with a girl and while hanging out with her I began questioning the things I learned from my parents and church. She was not goth, gay, a witch, new-agey, or anything else extreme. She was friendly happy type person who at one point told me she was a Christian. But she made me question my faith. It wasn't until I left the public school and was home schooled that I realized how much she had affected me. I have no doubt that if I had stayed there longer, I would've become a rebellious teenager, destroyed my relationship with my parents, and prOBably would not be a missionary today. 

Why don't you explain why you feel you need to send your daughter to public school over both home school and Christian school. How is it better and more beneficial for her? And please leave belittling words out of it. I'm trying to have patience and understanding your viewpoint, but it's really difficult when you keep throwing around insults whenever someone tries to explain home schooling to you. 

I've already explained in my first post that I don't think public schools are 'evil', however, God's plan for a child's education begins at the home. If that is truly not possible, then Christian schooling, and public schools as a last resort. 

• Members

Support and some understanding, sounds good to me. I am surprise to some of the replys here. I am sending my kids to a evil place are not the right words or true. For not all of them are the same. They are not going to hang out with trouble makers or evil doers. For they are Saved and baptized.

1. I am not going to support something I do not believe in and what I have found to most often be the worst choice of all educational options.

2. Perhaps you are seeing a group of people who do understand...many from personal experience, but you are not willing to accept their council because it goes against what you have chosen.

3. Since when has being saved and baptized kept someone from feeling the attacks of the devil. It is usually at the time of salvation that Satan goes onto the offensive. He will do so with subtlety through those one may call friend, but none the less they will still lead a Christian astray. And beware what the school requires your child to read. You may be surprised what smut passes for literature these days. 

• Administrators

You are adding to my post, hicks? Did you ever here of country folks and city folks. You added hicks not me.

Because that was the insinuation. Yes, I've heard of country and city folks, and have lived in both. Your unspoken message was that homeschoolers are hicks, whether or not you intended it.  Hence, my warning to stop.  

• Members

You ask for support and understanding, however, in your first post, you don't mention why you decided to send your daughter to public school, you just mention she is now going and she is shocked at seeing two girls kissing, and that's why people are responding the way they are. I'm glad you told her she's now going to be seeing the true face of public schools, because believe me, she will be seeing worse once summer school is over and real school begins. You need to prepare her for that.

I'd really like to know how you know 100% sure your children will not hang out with trouble makers or evil doers just because they are saved and baptized. When I was in public school I made friends with a girl and while hanging out with her I began questioning the things I learned from my parents and church. She was not goth, gay, a witch, new-agey, or anything else extreme. She was friendly happy type person who at one point told me she was a Christian. But she made me question my faith. It wasn't until I left the public school and was home schooled that I realized how much she had affected me. I have no doubt that if I had stayed there longer, I would've become a rebellious teenager, destroyed my relationship with my parents, and prOBably would not be a missionary today. 

Why don't you explain why you feel you need to send your daughter to public school over both home school and Christian school. How is it better and more beneficial for her? And please leave belittling words out of it. I'm trying to have patience and understanding your viewpoint, but it's really difficult when you keep throwing around insults whenever someone tries to explain home schooling to you. 

I've already explained in my first post that I don't think public schools are 'evil', however, God's plan for a child's education begins at the home. If that is truly not possible, then Christian schooling, and public schools as a last resort. 

This is a very good reply, and normal to my post.

1.My kids have been in Christians schools for almost 10 years

2.The cost are high for them to continue.

3. My wife have college and was a senior accountant, before, but now is disable.

4. She does not want to home school, while I work..

5.i believe they are some what prepare to deal with the real World.

6.i don't like online christian schools, it not the same thing.

7.When they grow up and start to work, it will be much easier for them to deal with the real World, that we are living in.

• Administrators

Question for you, TGL - have you spent time praying about it?  Have you searched God's Word for support?  Or is it just a decision based on the 7 points above (which, I will have to say: #7 is totally untrue...kids that I know that are homeschooled [and, believe me, I know a whole lot] and kids who have remained in Christian school throughout their education are much better equipped to "deal with the real world")?

• Members

Question for you, TGL - have you spent time praying about it?  Have you searched God's Word for support?  Or is it just a decision based on the 7 points above (which, I will have to say: #7 is totally untrue...kids that I know that are homeschooled [and, believe me, I know a whole lot] and kids who have remained in Christian school throughout their education are much better equipped to "deal with the real world")?

If I prayed enough about it?  Not enough, men have this prOBlem. 

• Members

It would have made allot more sense TGL if you are experimenting with you kids to have put them in public school till 5th or 6th grade and then Christian or Home.

What you are doing here is relying on their childhood professions of faith as solid. Rarely are they at these years, young kids believe what the parents believe and do what they think will please their parents. Once they hit 12 or 13, they form their own opinions which will not be yours. In this case they will form the worlds opinions. They will be immersed in the world now. 8 hours a day and you nor your church will be able to compete with that.

Since you are gambling with the world, all I can say is "good luck"

• Members

Very true LuAnne. Point 7 is way off.

Also very true that being much in prayer and in the Word is of highest importance.

We have to remember that very often doing the right thing, OBeying the Lord, is much more difficult from our limited perspective than doing something else. Even so, doing what God says is always best.

• Members

It would have made allot more sense TGL if you are experimenting with you kids to have put them in public school till 5th or 6th grade and then Christian or Home.

What you are doing here is relying on their childhood professions of faith as solid. Rarely are they at these years, young kids believe what the parents believe and do what they think will please their parents. Once they hit 12 or 13, they form their own opinions which will not be yours. In this case they will form the worlds opinions. They will be immersed in the world now. 8 hours a day and you nor your church will be able to compete with that.

Since you are gambling with the world, all I can say is "good luck"

Thanks, I know this, and I know that you don't believe in luck. When you say good luck. For we as christian don't believe in good luck, but Gods will.

• Administrators

If I prayed enough about it?  Not enough, men have this prOBlem. 

Then you ought not do it...enough prayer would allow God to show you that man's logic is not the way to go with this.  Again, it's your decision, but don't be surprised or affronted at the strong reaction against it here. To use man's fallibility as an excuse is inexcusable.

• Members

Then you ought not do it...enough prayer would allow God to show you that man's logic is not the way to go with this. Again, it's your decision, but don't be surprised or affronted at the strong reaction against it here. To use man's fallibility as an excuse is inexcusable.

I will go one day at a time. Remember that there are thousands of Christians sending their kids to a public school, and you are telling them the same thing.

Archived