• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Teen Daughter Is Going To Public School Now...

The Glory Land

• Members

I don't know why I get limited to just a few 'likes', but I like the comment from 282Mikado, and earlier today these exact verses came to my mind as I was meditating upon OB and this thread.

Please review my posts in this thread and tell me how I have kept my children from society. I have not. In fact my children and many of the homeshooled children in my church have prOBably seen more of REAL society than most of the children in your precious public schools. The difference is I do not let your precious society have my children unbridled for 7 - 8 hours a day. If you you want to cast your pearls before the swine every day for eight unfiltered hours of slop at the societal trough then have at it. 

Ephesians 5:1-21 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disOBedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TGL, your last post bordered on being pretty insulting, insinuating that homeschoolers are just country hicks. That's enough of that, my friend.

You are adding to my post, hicks? Did you ever here of country folks and city folks. You added hicks not me.

• Members

You keep going back to home schooling? Do all of you live in the country, In the city you run into all different kind of people. Some dress well, and some do not. Are you going to keep your kid's away from society for ever.

I live in the city. My neighbors worship idols. In public. At least once a month almost every business has a little table set up in the front full of food sacrifice with ghost money burning in front of it that people have to walk by in order to go into the store. I am IN the world constantly, every time I step outside. I do not hide from it. I am not OF the world, I do not participate in the idol worship. In the public schools here they are indoctrinated with idolatry from kindergarten to high school. It's not much different from American public schools were they are indoctrinated with evolution and such. 

I do not think you are reading our posts with the intention of learning. You have already made up your mind that home schooling is bad and public school is best and will not budge.

The reason I/we keep bringing up home schooling is because the topic of the post is about you putting your daughter into public schools, so we have brought up other schooling options, which you continue to insult and degrade. Why did you start this thread if you don't want to hear the advice?

• Members

I live in the city. My neighbors worship idols. In public. At least once a month almost every business has a little table set up in the front full of food sacrifice with ghost money burning in front of it that people have to walk by in order to go into the store. I am IN the world constantly, every time I step outside. I do not hide from it. I am not OF the world, I do not participate in the idol worship. In the public schools here they are indoctrinated with idolatry from kindergarten to high school. It's not much different from American public schools were they are indoctrinated with evolution and such.

I do not think you are reading our posts with the intention of learning. You have already made up your mind that home schooling is bad and public school is best and will not budge.

The reason I/we keep bringing up home schooling is because the topic of the post is about you putting your daughter into public schools, so we have brought up other schooling options, which you continue to insult and degrade. Why did you start this thread if you don't want to hear the advice?

I am listening, but some do should a bit extreme. Like, you will be sorry or remember my words?

• Members

I don't understand the question. Can you elaborate?

Some members here act like if my teens will pay the price, you will remember my words? They said, and I believe they are a bit to extreme. The public schools do have prOBlems, but there are also benefits in my opinion.

• Members

Some members here act like if my teens will pay the price, you will remember my words? They said, and I believe they are a bit to extreme. The public schools do have prOBlems, but there are also benefits in my opinion.

Sounds like you misunderstand the warnings I and the rest on here are trying to convey to you TGL.

We would be pretty sorry Christians if we did not warn you first from the Bible and then from our (or maybe just my) past experience. I know what will happen with your kids my friend and you will hate that you failed them in this way years from now.

But, it is your business, why post it here thus making it everybody's. Were you hoping for some support??

• Members

Which ways are Gods way, home school or Christian schools?

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

It is the parents responsibility to train up his child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.  God's Word tells us not to learn the ways of the heathen.  So, really this should be a no-brainer.  The public schools, as LI pointed out earlier, teach evolution and other ungodly morals and principles such as homosexuality, hatred of God, etc.

And if so-called "Christian" schools are teaching contrary to the Bible, they have no right calling themselves "Christian" and your children don't need to be exposed to them either.

Why submit your growing child to such ungodly doctirine?

• Members

Sounds like you misunderstand the warnings I and the rest on here are trying to convey to you TGL.

We would be pretty sorry Christians if we did not warn you first from the Bible and then from our (or maybe just my) past experience. I know what will happen with your kids my friend and you will hate that you failed them in this way years from now.

But, it is your business, why post it here thus making it everybody's. Were you hoping for some support??

Support and some understanding, sounds good to me. I am surprise to some of the replys here. I am sending my kids to a evil place are not the right words or true. For not all of them are the same. They are not going to hang out with trouble makers or evil doers. For they are Saved and baptized.

• Members

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

It is the parents responsibility to train up his child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. God's Word tells us not to learn the ways of the heathen. So, really this should be a no-brainer. The public schools, as LI pointed out earlier, teach evolution and other ungodly morals and principles such as homosexuality, hatred of God, etc.

And if so-called "Christian" schools are teaching contrary to the Bible, they have no right calling themselves "Christian" and your children don't need to be exposed to them either.

Why submit your growing child to such ungodly doctirine?

They already have and are receiving true doctoring at home and church.

Archived