• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kingsoft Office Suite

No Nicolaitans

• Members

I've finally found a FREE office suite that is a true replacement for Microsoft's Office. I've tried Libre and Apache OpenOffice, but I recently discovered this Kingsoft. It looks and acts almost exactly like Word. It only comes with a word processor, spreadsheet, and power point maker, so you don't get as much as you do with Libre and OpenOffice; however, if you want a free program that mirrors Microsoft's products...this is it! 

One of my biggest prOBlems with Libre and OpenOffice was their lack of an eraser in their table tools. Just like Microsoft Word, Kingsoft has one.

It can be used on Windows, Linux, and mOBile devices; however, I don't think it can be used on Mac computers.

I'll attach some screenshots so you can see the different layouts in their Writer program.

Here's the website if anyone is interested in downloading it. http://www.wps.com/

• Members

I find the google docs to be very good for free.  It is all MS software based just a dumbed down version without some of the advanced features of a full version. 

I've never tried google documents. I know a lot of people use them though...I tend to shy away from using too many google offerings if I can...I don't trust them not to share my information with everyone in the world... :hide:    :nuts:

• Members

I've finally found a FREE office suite that is a true replacement for Microsoft's Office. I've tried Libre and Apache OpenOffice, but I recently discovered this Kingsoft. It looks and acts almost exactly like Word. It only comes with a word processor, spreadsheet, and power point maker, so you don't get as much as you do with Libre and OpenOffice; however, if you want a free program that mirrors Microsoft's products...this is it! 

One of my biggest prOBlems with Libre and OpenOffice was their lack of an eraser in their table tools. Just like Microsoft Word, Kingsoft has one.

It can be used on Windows, Linux, and mOBile devices; however, I don't think it can be used on Mac computers.

I'll attach some screenshots so you can see the different layouts in their Writer program.

Here's the website if anyone is interested in downloading it. http://www.wps.com/

I've been using Kingsoft for about a year and enjoy it, you might what to check out SSuite they have some very good software that's free you can add to kingsoft or download one of their office suites and try it out. I use NCH software on my office computer that I have bought but they also have a lot of good stuff for free and their downloads are safe and quick.

I installed Ubuntu on one of my laptops as the OS and libre comes as a package with it but I couldn't seem to get it to configure correctly so I don't much about it.

thanks brother, God bless  

• Members

I've been using Kingsoft for about a year and enjoy it, you might what to check out SSuite they have some very good software that's free you can add to kingsoft or download one of their office suites and try it out. I use NCH software on my office computer that I have bought but they also have a lot of good stuff for free and their downloads are safe and quick.

I installed Ubuntu on one of my laptops as the OS and libre comes as a package with it but I couldn't seem to get it to configure correctly so I don't much about it.

thanks brother, God bless  

Great! Thank you for the information brother! I'll definitely look into that!

• Members

I've never tried google documents. I know a lot of people use them though...I tend to shy away from using too many google offerings if I can...I don't trust them not to share my information with everyone in the world... :hide:    :nuts:

Good idea to stay away from google the machine I'm on now is the only one I have with anything google and that's because of my gmail account, I don't like the way they try to hijack my browser and track me all the time ( of course my gmail account gives them the right to track me). I've been using Opera since 06 and love the protection and the apps.

I can imagine what they are doing with google doc's ??? 

• Members

Next time you want to try a Linux OS, you should try Zorin. I tried Ubuntu for several months and liked it fine, but I found the overall look of it somewhat depressing.    :nuts:

Zorin is actually built off of Ubuntu; it just looks more like Windows. I really like it a lot. Kingsoft actually installed from the Software Center...even though I couldn't find it in the Software Center.    :puzzled3:

Good idea to stay away from google the machine I'm on now is the only one I have with anything google and that's because of my gmail account, I don't like the way they try to hijack my browser and track me all the time ( of course my gmail account gives them the right to track me). I've been using Opera since 06 and love the protection and the apps.

I can imagine what they are doing with google doc's ??? 

I do use Google Chrome as my main web browser, but I have DuckDuckGo as the default search engine. I also have DoNotTrackMe installed on the browser.  I do what I can, but I'm sure their spies still find a way to track me.  

I have Opera, and I use it occasionally...

• Members

Kingsoft actually installed from the Software Center...even though I couldn't find it in the Software Center.    :puzzled3:

Bro. Smith, I have found Kingsoft in the Software Center if you ever want to install it on Ubuntu.

I was just looking in the Office software for it, but for some reason it's only found in the "All Categories". Just type Kingsoft in the search window on the main page of the Software Center, and it will pull it right up from there. I downloaded it from Kingsoft's Linux site, and the Software Center took it over from there...

I don't remember if Ubuntu has Opera easily available since it's been some time since I used Ubuntu, but Opera comes with Zorin. Google Chrome is Zorin's default browser, but you can choose from several, and Opera is one of them.

• Members

Next time you want to try a Linux OS, you should try Zorin. I tried Ubuntu for several months and liked it fine, but I found the overall look of it somewhat depressing.    :nuts:

Zorin is actually built off of Ubuntu; it just looks more like Windows. I really like it a lot. Kingsoft actually installed from the Software Center...even though I couldn't find it in the Software Center.    :puzzled3:

I do use Google Chrome as my main web browser, but I have DuckDuckGo as the default search engine. I also have DoNotTrackMe installed on the browser.  I do what I can, but I'm sure their spies still find a way to track me.  

I have Opera, and I use it occasionally...

thanks for the info I may give Zorin a try I don't really like this ubuntu I'm using I've learned a lot about the OS but there's a lot of configuring that has to be done to get the apps I like to use . thanks brother 

• Members

Bro. Smith, I have found Kingsoft in the Software Center if you ever want to install it on Ubuntu.

I was just looking in the Office software for it, but for some reason it's only found in the "All Categories". Just type Kingsoft in the search window on the main page of the Software Center, and it will pull it right up from there. I downloaded it from Kingsoft's Linux site, and the Software Center took it over from there...

I don't remember if Ubuntu has Opera easily available since it's been some time since I used Ubuntu, but Opera comes with Zorin. Google Chrome is Zorin's default browser, but you can choose from several, and Opera is one of them.

Thanks for the help and the info brother

God bless 

Archived