• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Nick Adams On Guns

1Timothy115

• Members

I agree with this article, Iac, except for this:

"Your country is the greatest in the world,"...

The greatest nation in the world is not the USA, it is Israel.  Israel is the everlasting nation that God created, where believers in Jesus Christ will spend an eternity in.  A.K.A. "The New Jerusalem, or New Kingdom."

• Moderators

I agree with this article, Iac, except for this:

"Your country is the greatest in the world,"...

The greatest nation in the world is not the USA, it is Israel.  Israel is the everlasting nation that God created, where believers in Jesus Christ will spend an eternity in.  A.K.A. "The New Jerusalem, or New Kingdom."

The current Israel isn't the same as the future Israel, though. Currently, Israel is merely a secular nation, full of Jews that still deny their Messiah.

• Members

Hey, the US is still the greatest OBamanation on the planet though. Six straight years and running.

LOL, wretched.

The current Israel isn't the same as the future Israel, though. Currently, Israel is merely a secular nation, full of Jews that still deny their Messiah.

Oh, I am well aware of that Salyan.  It is a very secular nation.  I am very aware of the fact, that Jews deny Jesus Christ.  It will be a wonderful thing, when 1/3 of them shall see Jesus Christ face to face.  Also, I am thinking of this in a future tense.  The New Jerusalem will be an eternal home for us.  It is the everlasting nation that God has chosen, not the USA or any other nation on the planet.  That's all I am sayin'...

• Members

DaveW,

While I did read some rubbish in the article, what exactly are you referring to?

He might have been born in Australia, but I know of no Aussies who hold his general attitude. Most Aussies don't much like you "Yanks" as you are generically known here.

He is wrong on guns laws here. Hard for you guys to understand, but Australia is not really a gun culture. I know personally only two people who own guns - one spent several years in the US, the other used to be a farmer and prospector.
If you want a gun here it is easy to get one - but the overwhelming majority of people just don't want one.

He is right about the semi - autos. Some strange results like certain bb guns being outlawed, but most gun people voluntarily handed back semi autos and still have their more powerful but limited magazine rifles.
My own father in law handed back all his rifles - and was compensated for them. Even those he was not required to.
It is just not in our psyche the way it is in yours.

So this guy is basically an American with an Aussie passport who is using that status for publicity purposes.
He is a fraud........

• Members

Oh yeah - fully auto and heavy weapons - extra large caliber and explosive style weapons have never been allowed in Australian public hands in my personal knowledge. As far back as I can remember....... There must have been a time when such things were outlawed, but it was before my time.

And most Aussies don't think much of the US. My circles are prOBably the most sympathetic, and that is still not very.
Ambivalent at best I would say - so not many Aussies think the US will rise again, and even fewer would actually like it if it did happen. :lol:

It is easier for the authorities to get down on crims with guns because almost no - pre has them. ANYONE with a gun in their car is suspect, because no one carries a gun as a matter of course - only if they have a specific purpose.
So yes crims have guns - even the illegal guns - but they have to keep them hidden or get caught for the gun and anything else the police might find.

Maybe it is cultural, maybe other reasons, maybe even gun laws, but we have less gun violations than you guys per capita. It is however impossible to say that any one of those things is the sole reason.

Just as this guy is a moron for claiming that our gun laws have been a failure.....

• Members

Thank you Dave. That was the way I was looking at the article but wanted to hear how you were perceiving it. The Aussie's I've known were fine with certain individual Americans but not Americans as a whole. Like the people of most other nations, they tended to view America as arrogant, bossy and to quick to use military force.

Most of my family has had guns for hunting, but no gun nuts in the family.

Fewer people seem to own guns now than before, but this is mostly due to the fact hunting isn't as widely popular as it once was. Among hunters, they tend to have their hunting guns and that's it. Then there are the ones who think they are Rambo and want every type of gun they can get since they believe they could hold off the army if they came after them. Even more dangerous are those who think having a gun makes them safe but they really don't know how to handle a gun.

• Members

Dave, could what you wrote have something to do with Australia being a penal colony, at one time?

My former sister in law, was raised in Geelong, Australia until she was twelve.  Her mother moved her two children to the USA, per the request of her mother.  My SIL's dad threw her mom out a glass door.  He was an abusive drunk, who ended up having five marriages.

After my SIL divorced my brother, she married another drunk.  After the divorce, I asked her if she could see the pattern of marrying drunks, as my brother is also a drunk.  She answered, "yes."  Anyway, she is getting married again, to a man in Australia, she dated before she married my brother.  Australia has always been her home, not the USA.  She has taken more trips to her homeland than I can count.  This man is also divorced, with four children.  I pray that an IFB missionary will lead her and her new family to Christ.  Do you know of any IFB churches in Geelong, Dave?  BTW, my nephew and my niece have no desire to move to Australia with their mom.  It is quite sad.  Thankfully, in the midst of my brother's prOBlems with alcohol, he has always been a good dad.  His children are very attached to him.  My niece is living with us, as I speak.     

Archived