• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please Pray For Me Today...

candlelight

• Members

as I am going to the doctor's office today.  As I said in another post, the doctor's secretary is reading the NIV and asked me what church I belong to.  I am giving her a KJV and I am going to encourage her to visit my church.  I am also giving her a church bulletin along with my pastor's phone number on it, since we meet in various places.

Please pray that the Lord Jesus Christ gives me the right words to say to her.  I don't know if she is saved.   Her name is Monica.  She asked me several questions on the phone.  I need prayer to say the words that God would have me say to this woman to encourage her in the faith.

I will be going back in several weeks for my yearly blood test.  Please continue to keep this situation in prayer.

I welcome and appreciate all of your prayers and words of advice.  Thanks in advance.

• Members

Thanks, everyone.  :)  Well, I smuggled in a KJV for her and also my concordance.  I put a bookmark in place of all the spots that talk about the moon and moons, since that is what she is interested in.  The KJV is also a study Bible.  I bought it years ago, and never used it b/c the print is too small for me to read.  She said it wouldn't be a prOBlem for her to read b/c she wears contacts.  She was very excited.  She also told me that she can't find her NIV.  She recently moved, and she said it must have got lost in a box she had some other things stored in.  Anyway, she left the room and said she would go to her desk and copy the material in the concordance on moons.  She also took the church bulletin with my pastor's phone # on it.  She seemed a bit leery about the word, "Baptist."  Not that I haven't heard that before.  LOL  I preceded to tell her that my pastor preaches that you don't need to be a Baptist to get saved.  She said she had been attending a church called, "Grace (I forget the full name of it) but it is a non-denominational church just south of me.  She liked the idea of a small church, as she said the other church was getting too big.  It is actually one of the biggest mega churches in my area.  I just pray that Satan doesn't get in the way.  We all know how that goes.  I am keeping positive about this situation and will continue to keep Monica in prayer.  Thanks, again for your prayers.  If you should think of me (hopefully in a positive way, not when I am in my flesh), please keep this situation in prayer.  I give all the praise, honor and glory to Jesus Christ, that I was able to be a witness to someone this way.  Boy, how we need believers in our doctor's offices.

• Members

Glad things went well, and God heard the prayers of his children and was pleased we care for each other this much!

Thanks, GP.  Yes, He certainly does.  Amen.  Well said, brother:)

• Members

Giving God the Glory for His wonderful work through His Holly Spirit in you Sister

I will continue to pray for you and Monica, ''Gods will be done''

God bless Sister

Thank you so much, EK.  God gave me the strength, b/c without Him I wouldn't have able to do anything.  Amen.  God's will be done, is right.  God bless you too, brother.

• Members

Thank you so much, EK.  God gave me the strength, b/c without Him I wouldn't have able to do anything.  Amen.  God's will be done, is right.  God bless you too, brother.

you're welcome sister I believe this is what OB is truly about praying for one another and building one another up sharing our walk with the Lord with one another giving Jesus the Glory.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived