• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dorightchristians - King James Onlyism Before Peter Ruckman

Dr James Ach

• Administrators

Yes, sarcasm is allowed - unless it seems to be belittling someone. Vulgarity, however, is not. Telling anyone to shove anything anywhere is simply euphamism for something that is very vulgar. So, third strike and he's out.

Candle, your accusation re protestants is unfounded and untrue. Stop. Feel free to follow his websites if you want to learn from him.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, sarcasm is allowed - unless it seems to be belittling someone. Vulgarity, however, is not. Telling anyone to shove anything anywhere is simply euphamism for something that is very vulgar. So, third strike and he's out.

Candle, your accusation re protestants is unfounded and untrue. Stop. Feel free to follow his websites if you want to learn from him.

You say it is untrue, and to the full extent of the comment you are right, but it APPEARS as though it is going that way.

I would urge the moderators to be very aware of what is happening in this place.

There ARE false teachers here - some who have been here a long time, but the numbers are growing and the 'sleepers' are growing more aggressive.

I do think James overstepped the mark on that comment but I think there is far more danger on here right now than the moderators as a group appear to be willing to admit.

People HAVE left because of it, James let his frustration at it overflow, and others have contemplated leaving because of it.

• Members

Many sarcastic comments on OB ARE belittling LuAnne.  So, those are the rules?  If someone reports a person three times, they are automatically banned?  That was never specified in the rules on the forum, when I signed up years ago?  Then, how come others are banned immediately?  I am talking about the SDA people?  I don't mind that they are banned, but rules are rules. 

Also, you didn't say anything about Peter Ruckman.  This thread was about him and the KJV.  Of course the KJV preceded Ruckman.  You posted, after Jeffrey's first post, that you didn't want to derail the thread, when in fact the whole thread was about Ruckman.  I just followed your lead, as not to cause friction.  I should have persisted in knowing more facts.  I would like to know why Ruckman is hated so much by IFB's.  Like I said, I think I know why, but I would like it laid out for me.  Years ago, I never got any specific answers from anyone in the anti-Ruckman camp.  And, as I said before, I am not in anyone's camp but that of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Protestants, who believe in Replacement Theology is a huge prOBlem on OB, HC.  RP is a totally un-biblical thing and shouldn't be discussed on an IFB site.

Yes, I plan on following his blog.  Thank you.  :)   

• Members

I should add for the mods - feel free to delete my previous comment if you feel it is not helpful, but I would ask that you discuss the content as a group.

Thinking about it, it may have been better as a PM anyway.......

Regards,

Dave

• Members

I have reported Jeffery but none of the mods have messaged me back. I am very close to leaving this forum for a while unless something is done about the anti Israel, anti King James and pro Calvinist posts. This forum has gone down hill fast. What use to be attractive about this forum was the doctrines that prevailed here compared to other Baptist forums. This no longer appears to be the case and mods are not even responding to reports.

• Members

I have reported Jeffery but none of the mods have messaged me back. I am very close to leaving this forum for a while unless something is done about the anti Israel, anti King James and pro Calvinist posts. This forum has gone down hill fast. What use to be attractive about this forum was the doctrines that prevailed here compared to other Baptist forums. This no longer appears to be the case and mods are not even responding to reports.

Just as I suspected, MDOG.  

I agree 100% with your post.

• Administrators

Dave, believe me the moderators are very aware. And sometimes when one prides oneself on hunting out prOBlems one becomes a prOBlem. More than once -from the time he joined - the man misrepresented members - members who are IFB, just not enough for him. Anyone who disagreed with him in anything became a target. He often had good things to contribute and I'm sorry it came to this.

Molly, the three strikes are warnings from the mods, not reports of posts. Actually, I did post about Ruckman. It was appropriate for a bit, but to delve into anything other than him and the KJV would have derailed the thread - hence, I didn't want to go there. James remonstrated people for talking about him - even though his name is part of the title. I prOBably wouldn't have said a word about it had he not come across, yet again, as boss man.

Baptists aren't protestants.

• Administrators

Dave, a whole lot of mess could have been avoided lately had some things been pm'd - to the mods.

Matthew, your report has been seen...reports sometimes take time.

In another thread I asked for input. And only one member even suggested anything. Have an idea how to help? Pm us.

• Members

Dave, believe me the moderators are very aware. And sometimes when one prides oneself on hunting out prOBlems one becomes a prOBlem. More than once -from the time he joined - the man misrepresented members - members who are IFB, just not enough for him. Anyone who disagreed with him in anything became a target. He often had good things to contribute and I'm sorry it came to this.

Molly, the three strikes are warnings from the mods, not reports of posts. Actually, I did post about Ruckman. It was appropriate for a bit, but to delve into anything other than him and the KJV would have derailed the thread - hence, I didn't want to go there. James remonstrated people for talking about him - even though his name is part of the title. I prOBably wouldn't have said a word about it had he not come across, yet again, as boss man.

Baptists aren't protestants.

Okay, now you have made it clear.  Thank you.  Regarding the KJV and Ruckman?  You put in one small post about Ruckman.  You said, he doesn't belong in the pulpit.  I asked if it was because of his many wives and you said that is part of it, but you didn't want to derail the thread.  I am being serious.  I would like to know why many IFB's despise Ruckman.  Please lay it all out for me.  That is all I am asking.

Of course Baptists aren't Protestants.  That was the first thing I learned in my IFB church.  I am talking about the Calvinists, who frequent an IFB site, with an agenda.  

• Administrators

I know I didnt talk a lot about Ruckman. Noone did, and that is why James' post had me scratching my head. Not that it surprised me, just that it sermed odd to say when the man's name is in the title.

You know, I don't like calvinism either. But there are a lot of Baptists who subscribe to it, or close to it, anyway. But it isn't Replacement Theology, it's Reformed Theology. The two are quite different but for some reason people tend to confuse them.

• Members

I know I didnt talk a lot about Ruckman. Noone did, and that is why James' post had me scratching my head. Not that it surprised me, just that it sermed odd to say when the man's name is in the title.

You know, I don't like calvinism either. But there are a lot of Baptists who subscribe to it, or close to it, anyway. But it isn't Replacement Theology, it's Reformed Theology. The two are quite different but for some reason people tend to confuse them.

Well, the whole thread should have followed Jeffrey's first post.  It was about the KJV preceding Ruckman.  Your second post sounded like you wanted to stifle anything about Ruckman re: the KJV.  Should I start a post on why so many IFB despise Ruckman?  I really want answers.

Reformed Theology is downright un-Biblical, HC.  Anything reformed is Protestant.  If any IFB is subscribing to Reformed Theology, they are in big trouble, with doctrine.

Dr. James Beller's Book, "The Coming Destruction of the Baptist People" talks about the difference between evangelicals and fundamentalists.  It is an excellent read.  It is at the door, already.  It is part of the "falling away."  I am a proud fundamentalist.  That is why I came back to OB, because I thought it was fundamental not evangelical.  Like I have stated, on numerous occasions, I don't have a prOBlem with people who come to OB to learn more about the IFB faith, however, they should be taught the fundamentals of the IFB faith.  However, that is not the case on this site.  I do not want to be associated with evangelicals, who are charismatics, putting all kind of un-Biblical garbage on Facebook.  Not many IFB's are discussing the KJV on Facebook, either.  IFB's tend to keep the gospel to themselves, when Facebook is the perfect opportunity to share the gospel with the lost.  The charismatics and the Messianic Jews (law keepers) have completely taken over Facebook.  Something is wrong with that, when IFB's don't contend for the faith.  OB is the last place to go, and sadly it has gone drastically downhill b/c of Reformed Theology.     

• Members

I know some here do not like me, yet I know a bit about Ruckman.

His testimony is one that is questionable about his 'search for truth'.

He has read every known 'book of a god' known to man, and he would tell you that.

He uses swear words when getting on people in what they believe.

He is the ultimate 'conspiracy theorist', and yes I did call Ruckman that. (Not J. Ach)

All in all he sorta has things right with the KJV, and the history about the 'perversions',

yet he lacks, as we all to a certain degree, the 'life style' of a born again Christian.

I am in no way claiming to be perfect by saying these things, but when someone brings

in just plain ignorant 'discoveries' about the history of man, or creation, or aliens, etc., I lose interest

in what the true things a guy like that can spew out.

That is what I know from his videos, and the Bible Believers Bulletin that he put out.

All that occurred back in the early 1990's in my life. If he has changed since, I am unaware of it.

• Members

Well, the whole thread should have followed Jeffrey's first post.  It was about the KJV preceding Ruckman.  Your second post sounded like you wanted to stifle anything about Ruckman re: the KJV.  Should I start a post on why so many IFB despise Ruckman?  I really want answers.

Reformed Theology is downright un-Biblical, HC.  Anything reformed is Protestant.  If any IFB is subscribing to Reformed Theology, they are in big trouble, with doctrine.

Dr. James Beller's Book, "The Coming Destruction of the Baptist People" talks about the difference between evangelicals and fundamentalists.  It is an excellent read.  It is at the door, already.  It is part of the "falling away."  I am a proud fundamentalist.  That is why I came back to OB, because I thought it was fundamental not evangelical.  Like I have stated, on numerous occasions, I don't have a prOBlem with people who come to OB to learn more about the IFB faith, however, they should be taught the fundamentals of the IFB faith.  However, that is not the case on this site.  I do not want to be associated with evangelicals, who are charismatics, putting all kind of un-Biblical garbage on Facebook.  Not many IFB's are discussing the KJV on Facebook, either.  IFB's tend to keep the gospel to themselves, when Facebook is the perfect opportunity to share the gospel with the lost.  The charismatics and the Messianic Jews (law keepers) have completely taken over Facebook.  Something is wrong with that, when IFB's don't contend for the faith.  OB is the last place to go, and sadly it has gone drastically downhill b/c of Reformed Theology.     

I feel a lot of your opinion is in this last statement,

as I am an Independent Baptist minister, and have been for 24 years now,

and I wonder that someone has to believe 'just like you' to be one, and you

OBviously know every Baptist that have been in existence to say that we

can't believe differently?

• Administrators

Sigh. Molly, the purpose of this thread was never Ruckman. And JAMES is the one who castigated folk for talking about him. So quit blaming me. I didn't stop anyone from talking about him, I simply wasnt going to say more than I did. You wanna believe I was trying to stifle talk about Ruckman, go right ahead.

I know very well what Reformed Theology is. No, believing it does not automatcally make one protestant. It makes one wrong, but not protestant.

I don't know any IFB who tend to keep the gospel to themselves.

If you want to start a thread about Ruckman, go right ahead. I'll even post in it. ;-)

• Members

Reformed Theology is the same as Covenant Theology.  Covenant Theology uses an historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation for many passages, but also uses the allegorical or spiritualizing  method of Bible interpretation for a number of prophetic passages dealing with the future of Israel and the future Kingdom of God.  Covenant Theology believes that the Church existed in Old Testament times and that Israel was a major part of the Church in the Old Testament.  Therefore Covenant/Reformed Theology teach that the nation of Israel and the Church are the same, which leads right into Replacement Theology, that the Church has now replaced Israel in the NT.

Dispensational Theology does not use the allegorical or spiritualizing method of Bible interpretation, but uses only the historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation--which means that words are given the common, ordinary meaning meaning which they had in the culture and time in which the passage was written.  IOW, dispensationalism recognizes a distinction between the nation of Israel and the Church.  Dispensational Theology teaches that the nation of Israel  and the Church are two distinct entities.

Conclusion:  Reformed/Covenant Theology = Replacement Theology.  The reason for this teaching is the method of Bible interpretation....allegorical vs. literal.

Archived