• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Incredible Shrinking Man

ThePilgrim

• Members

If one ignores the evolutionary tripe in this article there is a grain of truth in here somewhere.  Entropy does exist and man's life span after the flood went into a continually decline so I see no reason why man's thinking processes would not decline also.  When I look at the world around me, (the people I know and interact with) I have no doubt that all in all we are getting dumber and dumber.  Even looking at our best and brightest it is hard to say they are as smart as those who have gone before.  God works in mysterious ways.

All this would go to partly explain the U.S. of today to the newly born nation of 1776.  Just mental ruminations this morning from my ever older and smaller brain. :coffee2:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/scientists-discover-proof-that-humanity-is-getting-dumber-smaller-and-weaker

God bless,

Larry

• Members

So much of what is done today is the result of computers figuring things out. Take away computers from many who are at the top of their field and they would be as proficient as a 6th grader in their jOB.

Even when it comes to the simple tasks (what used to be simple) in life, such as making change, I'm constantly amazed that cashiers can't take my 5 dollar bill and hand me the change from my $1.50 purchase without looking several times at the machine to tell them the amount of change, and then often struggling to figure out which bills and coins they need to add up to that.

Most of America is riding on the successes and intellectual achievements of the past. Unplug the computers, remove the reference books from those still able to use such, and our civilization would quickly crumble.

• Members

As western nations, we rely on jOBs provided by employers, & work we can do apart from office employment tends to be mainly physical - gardening, house & street mainentance & production line manufacture. Office employment is largely computer orientated.

BUT such work does not affect our genetics. Even OBsession with computer games & TV can't do that. It makes people dumber & weaker, but doesn't effect genetics.

Using our intellectual powers has in the past been limited - physical survival has had priority. but for the mass of mankind, diet has been limited. Hunter gatherers have had access to meat, fruit & nuts, etc, but civilisation has required agriculture & a dependence on cereal foods. Has diet contributed to mental & physical degredation? My low carb, high fat diabetes diet has restored me to fitness after becoming crippled with the effects of diabetes.  

• Members

As western nations, we rely on jOBs provided by employers, & work we can do apart from office employment tends to be mainly physical - gardening, house & street mainentance & production line manufacture. Office employment is largely computer orientated.

BUT such work does not affect our genetics. Even OBsession with computer games & TV can't do that. It makes people dumber & weaker, but doesn't effect genetics.

Using our intellectual powers has in the past been limited - physical survival has had priority. but for the mass of mankind, diet has been limited. Hunter gatherers have had access to meat, fruit & nuts, etc, but civilisation has required agriculture & a dependence on cereal foods. Has diet contributed to mental & physical degredation? My low carb, high fat diabetes diet has restored me to fitness after becoming crippled with the effects of diabetes.  

Man has always been a farmer.  God planted a garden and man had to tend it.  

Gen 4:3 ¶  And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
4  And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

• Members

Just think of all the complex things created before computers. Things like the automOBile, the light bulb, an engine, a transmission, planes, tractors, plows, rockets, bombs, guns, bricks, cement, electricity, and the list goes on and on. We truly do live of the smarts of the past generations.

With that being said, all wisdom comes from God. How far have we drifted away from the true giver of all wisdom and knowledge.

What the world needs back is the fear of the living God!!!

• Members

If one ignores the evolutionary tripe in this article there is a grain of truth in here somewhere.  Entropy does exist and man's life span after the flood went into a continually decline so I see no reason why man's thinking processes would not decline also.  When I look at the world around me, (the people I know and interact with) I have no doubt that all in all we are getting dumber and dumber.  Even looking at our best and brightest it is hard to say they are as smart as those who have gone before.  God works in mysterious ways.

All this would go to partly explain the U.S. of today to the newly born nation of 1776.  Just mental ruminations this morning from my ever older and smaller brain. :coffee2:

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/scientists-discover-proof-that-humanity-is-getting-dumber-smaller-and-weaker

God bless,

Larry

One of the biggest reasons that Christians are "getting dumber and dumber" besides the OBvious - technology - is the Bible has been and is being dumbed down.  When one looks at all the modern versions of the Bible, it is no wonder Christians are ignorant.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add him the plagues that are written in this book:  19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." ~ Revelation 18-19

Archived