• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Regarding "mansions"...

• Members

A mansion or a hovel, who cares.  I will be out'a this veil of tears, with my Lord, and those I love that have preceded me. 

Hallelujah, what a happy day that will be.  Brings tears to my eyes and makes me want'a sing.  Think I'll pick up my guitar and do just that.

See ya later.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

A mansion or a hovel, who cares.  I will be out'a this veil of tears, with my Lord, and those I love that have preceded me. 

Hallelujah, what a happy day that will be.  Brings tears to my eyes and makes me want'a sing.  Think I'll pick up my guitar and do just that.

See ya later.

God bless,

Larry

Amen Brother ' Hallelujah' Amen

• Moderators

Except jesus said, "In my father's house ARE many mansions" Since there was, at that point, no one yet resurrected, how then could this refer to our resurrected bodies?

No, I believe that it ewill be literal places, monsions, houses, of some sort. Just because we wont necessari;ly NEED a 'house', doesn't mean we won't have one. Jesus didn't NEED to eat, yet He could , and did when with His disciples after His resurrection. I suspect we will eat and work, in some fashion, and the Bible says that there will be nations and kings and kingdoms, who will enter into the New jerusalem. So, yeah, we don't know even the beginning of what it will be. But looking forward to it!

• Members

Eric you think your new body is a mansion?

NN, I've heard it preached that way too.

Psalm 149:4-6a

4For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,

My Mom and Dad are doing this now.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Mansion is not a mistranslation. However mansion in the bible in 1611 English does not mean what Mansion means today with our modern English connotations of a big giant house either. in all honesty the word mansion means a dwelling place. look it up in Noah Websters 1828 and the Oxford English dictionary.