• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dorightchristians - Jack Schaap Appeals Case?

• Members

I thought, this MUST be some kind of internet prank. Not at all. Jack Allen Schaap is really appealing his 12 year sentence for his sexual abuse of a minor. (We have articles on the plea agreement here and here). Schaap is challenging his sentence on the grounds that the victim was an alcohol and marijuana […]b.gif?host=dorightchristians.wordpress.c

View the full article

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A middle aged man "pursued aggressively"  by a kid.......really? His fault regardless.

If you're in, say, a Sunday School room alone, and a woman or girl walks in...WALK OUT IMMEDIATELY ....simple. There's no chance for temptation or false accusation.

• Members

Just another reminder that the office of a Bishop is not a calling (which would be w/o repentance), but an elected office with some plainly stated requirements.

OBviously, he is unrepentant and still lost...though he has many rabid supporters in Hylesville.

If only there was justice, the judge would tack on to his sentence for revictimizing her.

Anishinabe

• Members

A middle aged man "pursued aggressively" by a kid.......really? His fault regardless.

If you're in, say, a Sunday School room alone, and a woman or girl walks in...WALK OUT IMMEDIATELY ....simple. There's no chance for temptation or false accusation.

I seem to remember a man called Joseph......

• Members

A middle aged man "pursued aggressively" by a kid.......really? His fault regardless.

He groomed the teen girls from the pulpit....a true predator.

Anishinabe

• Members

He groomed the teen girls from the pulpit....a true predator.

Anishinabe

If I remember correctly, you were part of the ministry at First Baptist Hammond. Can you tell me if this was actually something given out under Schaap's tenure as pastor? I was told that a man recently found this in his Bible from when he was attending church there.

10389676_10202027602120316_2942746853427

• Members

If I remember correctly, you were part of the ministry at First Baptist Hammond. Can you tell me if this was actually something given out under Schaap's tenure as pastor? I was told that a man recently found this in his Bible from when he was attending church there.

Posted Image

Yes, this was given to the Youth.
My oldest daughter was only 9, when I resigned and departed there, in 2007. I smelled a rat, but when I said so, I was scorned.
The wording of this was an outrage, as if this Nicolaitan dictator was a god.
I remember the disgust I felt, when I first saw that....
This is what I meant by "grooming the youth".
Ever look in a perverts eyes?
Yeah.......

Anishinabe

• Members

Yes, this was given to the Youth.
My oldest daughter was only 9, when I resigned and departed there, in 2007. I smelled a rat, but when I said so, I was scorned.
The wording of this was an outrage, as if this Nicolaitan dictator was a god.
I remember the disgust I felt, when I first saw that....
This is what I meant by "grooming the youth".
Ever look in a perverts eyes?
Yeah.......

Anishinabe

Thanks. 

• Members

I went to First Baptist of Hammond, Indiana, several years ago, for a ladies conference at my old IFB church.  Dr. Schaap preached the message at the end of the conference.  Come to think of it, it was centered around abused and neglected teenage girls.  The theme was training princes and princesses to be kings and queens.  He didn't focus much on the young men, though. 

When this was posted in "Sword of the Lord" I wasn't really shocked as it seemed like this man was too good to be true.  I learned a long time ago, that when something or someone is too good to be true, they or it usually are.  Regardless of whether the teenager was taking drugs and alcohol, is besides the point.  Dr. Schaap preyed on a minor.  It is "Statutory Rape", under the law, and should be treated as such.  

Archived