• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dennis Corle

• Members

Wasn't sure where to put this. I thought about the sermon section but it seems dead over there and I was afraid no one would read my post.

Has anyone had Dr. Corle preach at their church? I'm just amazed at how many people come to Christ when he preaches. He was just here last Sunday and 16 people accepted Christ. The last time he was here 12 people accepted Christ. It's just amazing how God works through him.

• Administrators

He has had a heart for the lost ever since he got saved. His testimony is fascinating.

I've known him since before he was married. He was my mom and dad's pastor for a while when I was in college. My parents loved him dearly - my mom enjoyed going visiting with his mom when she was in town. My dad was not surprised when Denny went into evangelism - his sermons were becoming more and more evangelistic and less and less pastoral.

He's never been to our church here to preach, but I have heard him preach many a time.

Funny story - for a while, as he began to get his feet wet in revivals, he would do pre-meetings for Joe Boyd (we both worked for him). He would go and preach two or three nights before Bro. Boyd would get there. The idea was to get the saved fired up to bring in the lost when Bro. B got there.

Well, it became consistent that we would get reports of people getting right and of lost getting saved...Bro. Boyd got exsasperated one time and said, "Son, you're ruining my revival."

We all laughed at that for quite some time. It wasn't long before Denny went out on his own...it seems he was ready. LOL

How is his family doing?

• Members

Did a search on "Dennis Corle" and the word 'divorce' became prominent. Most of the posts were back in the 70s. I didn't read the sites; since I believe half in what I see and very little in what I hear/read. Let God be your guide. 

Archived