• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We Refuse To Be Enemies - 1500 Fruit Trees Destroyed

Covenanter

• Members

I agree that most of the media is biased, but to say that and then point to an article from the Huffington Post, one of the most biased, liberal, unethical media sites seems really strange.

There is no people, no nation or even religion where all people agree as one. There will always be some in a nation that take one side, others that take the opposite, still others taking different views. Each side believes they are right.

I feel for those who had their fruit trees cut down. At the same time I can see why the military might want them cut down. As well, I don't expect any government to be right much of the time, let alone all the time.

I love America but certainly don't agree with or support most of what the government does. I support Israel's right to exist and govern their nation as they see fit but I don't always agree with their government. Not that it matters either way because neither the American government nor the Israeli government care what I think!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that most of the media is biased, but to say that and then point to an article from the Huffington Post, one of the most biased, liberal, unethical media sites seems really strange.

There is no people, no nation or even religion where all people agree as one. There will always be some in a nation that take one side, others that take the opposite, still others taking different views. Each side believes they are right.

I feel for those who had their fruit trees cut down. At the same time I can see why the military might want them cut down. As well, I don't expect any government to be right much of the time, let alone all the time.

I love America but certainly don't agree with or support most of what the government does. I support Israel's right to exist and govern their nation as they see fit but I don't always agree with their government. Not that it matters either way because neither the American government nor the Israeli government care what I think!

John, the only reason I posted articles from the Huffington Post is b/c I know Covenanter is a liberal.  I did that in hopes that he would read them.  Surely, you know me by now.  If someone sent me a subscription to the Huffington Post, I would use it as toilet paper.  :)

I couldn't agree with you more about nations regarding religion and politics.  It is Biblical and very complicated at that.  I don't understand why we are talking about Israel and fruit trees.  What Israel decides in none of anyone else's business.  The Knesset (which is secular) decides what goes on in the nation of Israel.  America and Great Britain cannot even govern their own nations, much less Israel.  Both nations have enough of their own prOBlems, to be criticizing the business of Israel.  I can also see why the IDF cut them down, as well.    

• Members

I'm not sure why this is an issue either. There is absolutely no doubt that both America and England are in decline, governed by the ungodly, heading down the wrong road. No matter what glories, real or imagined, from either nations past, both nations today stand greatly wanting. Both in terms of politics and religion, each nation needs a great amount of repenting, turning in the right direction.

Israel is a sovereign nation with a secular government and a mostly irreligious or secular religious people; much the same as England and America. Let each tend to their own matters knowing that ultimately the whole world is in the Lord's hand and His will shall be done.

• Members

I'm not sure why this is an issue either. There is absolutely no doubt that both America and England are in decline, governed by the ungodly, heading down the wrong road. No matter what glories, real or imagined, from either nations past, both nations today stand greatly wanting. Both in terms of politics and religion, each nation needs a great amount of repenting, turning in the right direction.

Israel is a sovereign nation with a secular government and a mostly irreligious or secular religious people; much the same as England and America. Let each tend to their own matters knowing that ultimately the whole world is in the Lord's hand and His will shall be done.

We are definitely on the same page, John.  Neither England nor America is in any position to tell Israel what to do.  What Israel does with their nation is up to them.  God will handle all the details.

• Members

Here's another one of Covenanter's anti-Israel propaganda> on comment #2, then you can see my response o>n comment #4 followed by Happy Christian's rebuke that I wasn't using Scripture to prove my point. Then after you read her rebuke, you can go back and read my comment at #4 again and count all of the Scriptural references supporting my argument that HC says wasn't there while not saying one word to Covenanter even though there are several others complaining about his anti-Semitic sentiment.

• Members

Here in America the government can use its domain powers and take my apple trees. We Americans don't like it, but its part of a governments power. Why would the Israelite government be any different? When the government bulldozed their own people's settlements their was nothing those Israelis could do. 

• Administrators

And yet another misrepresentation.  What I actually said was this:  

Okay.  Let's stop with the name-calling.  You don't agree with Covenantor, use scripture to show so.  But stop labeling people with names like antichrist Jesuit.  I'm getting just a wee bit tired of it.

Where in there did I say anyone wasn't using scripture?  Exactly nowhere.  Rather, I was simply saying use scripture instead of belittling.  Simple enough to be understood by most people, but not when one looks for things between the lines...things that aren't there.  But some people see boogeymen wherever they look.  This isn't the first time things I've said have been misrepresented by you.  But it needs to be the last.

This thread is also now locked. Why?  Because some people just can't get over the idea of not personally attacking fellow Christians.  Yep, I use sarcasm sometimes, but any honest person would have to admit that isn't equivalent to calling people vicious names - or even viciously attacking them just because one doesn't like what they posted (and it isn't just one particular person that gets attacked...be careful: agreeing with the attack will guarantee that you will be recipient one day...).  So, please, don't start another thread bringing up the fact that I use sarcasm.  Stop the personal attacks - on the mods, on BroMatt, on each other - and that isn't to any one person...  

There is a legitimate issue that needs to be dealt with. But it has not been handled correctly by some members (and remember, mods are members, too).  Regardless of how anyone wants to justify the rancor that has erupted in the past few days, it is not biblical.  It is not.  It wasn't handled biblically from the get-go, and those who got caught up in it need to admit that to themselves.  You can agree or disagree with me if you want, but I'm not looking for people to "follow" me.  I want people to follow the Lord, not me - because I know how fallible I am, without the need to have it shoved down my throat.  If you have a prOBlem with the way I do my jOB (BroMatt, can I have a raise?   :nuts: ) then please pm me.  Let's deal with it properly instead of inflaming emotions.

In recent months, there has only been one member who pm'd me regarding the way things are done here...and all he wanted was to tell me how badly I do things and how much better he would be at it.  Well, while there might be truth in that, that's not really creating a way to resolve an issue, is it?

SFIC has been quite good at notifying me (possibly others, too, but I know he pm's me at least) when our troll comes back for a stroll through the forum.  And I thank him (and Linda) for that.  

So now, where do we go from here?  Maybe start here: if you have an idea (other than just kicking everyone who doesn't follow what your idea of IFB is off OB), pm us.  Believe it or not, we are just as concerned - maybe more so - as anyone else on the forum.  So instead of the infighting, how about we work together?  That's biblical. The mods will be waiting your pm's.  :yeah:

Archived