• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Better hope your surgeon is not a modern versionist.

• Members
EVERY valid version is equally valid-and before ya ask, a valid version is one that accurately follows its sources.

What are the valid sources? Or are all sources also valid in your eyes?

And you falsely say we Freedom Readers have no final authority?

Freedom readers? [bible]2 Peter 2:19[/bible]

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

• Members

sir, i simply must disagree. the line of argument you follow is full of fallacies. at least in the respect that God delivered the word to man in Greek and Hebrew so and variance would have to be less than the original. but when we move forward to the day of Pentecost; do we see God making each man understand in his own language? YES! the idea remains that no modern person ever speaks in the KJ vernacular (unless it's an old school, pious, deacon over the offering on a Sunday morning. lol) but to limit Gods ability to speak to people in the way they do, is dangerous. i once read a Hawaiian version on the bible that was for the Polynesians who barely spoke English and they didn't refer the God as "God" rather "da fatha of da Jesus man" because that how they speak. the KJV was just as translated by man as any other. its age offers no more validity. i mean if Jesus relates to God, our hearts in grumblings so deep we cant comprehend, then might it be safe to assume that the holy spirit does the reverse, from God to us. and as for ur surgeon friend, he when to school for 8 or years to learn Latin so the errors in communication would be minimized. :2cents :smile :tum :Green

• Members

Hi Sinclair. Would you mind telling us which, if any, of these readings are the true ones which God has inspired? Would you do that for us?

The following short list is just a sampling of the divergent and confusing readings found among the contradictory modern bible versions. There are numerous other examples. Among these ?details? are whether Jeremiah 27:1 reads Jehoiakim (Hebrew texts, RV,ASV, NKJV, KJB) or Zedekiah (NIV, NASB); whether 2 Samuel 21:8 reads Michal (Hebrew texts, KJB,NKJV, RV,ASV) or Merab (NIV,NASB), or 70 (NASB, NKJV, RV, ASV,KJB) being sent out by the Lord Jesus in Luke 10:1 or 72 (NIV), or the 7th day in Judges 14:15 (KJB, NKJV, RV, ASV) or the 4th day (NASB, NIV), or God smiting 50,070 men in 1 Samuel 6:19 (KJB, RV,ASV,NASB) or 70 men slain (NIV, RSV), or there being 30,000 chariots in 1 Samuel 13:5 (KJB, NKJV, RV, ASV, NASB, ESV) or only 3000 (NIV, & Holman), or 1 Samuel 13:1 reading - ONE/TWO years (NKJV, KJB, Geneva,Judaica Press Tanach), or 40/32 (NASB 1972-77) or 30/42 (NASB 1995, NIV), or _____years and.______and two years (RSV, ESV); 2 Samuel 15:7 ?forty years? (Hebrew, Geneva, NKJV, NASB, RV) OR ?four years? (NIV,RSV, ESV,NET), or the fine linen being the ?righteousness? of saints or the fine linen being the ?righteous acts? of the saints in Revelation 19:8, or where 2 Chronicles 36:9 reads that Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign (Hebrew texts, NASB, NKJV, RV,ASV,KJB, ESV) or he was 18 years old (NIV), or that when God raised the Lord Jesus from the dead it is stated in Acts 13:33 ?this day have I begotten thee? (KJB, NASB, NKJV,RV, ESV) or ?today I have become your Father? (NIV).

Or just pick a couple of them and tell us which readings are what God really said, and how you know that to be true. Thanks.

Will Kinney

• Members

Quick question for Bro. Matt and/or any mods: Is or is not discussion about the KJV allowed in this forum? I have a pink bar with red writing at the top of my screen, which reads: "All posts/topics about the King James Bible posts [sic] are to be posted in the following forum. Any KJV topics posted in here will be moved." Is this message obsolete, meaningless, or is there another explanation? I have tried to honor that policy, but, seeing that people are posting freely about the forbidden topic on the general board, I'm just asking if it's really a policy. If it is not, then why the pink bar? If it is, then why is this discussion continuing in this forum?