• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Nfl Draft Sealed With A Homosexual Kiss

John81

• Members

NFL Draft Sealed With a Homosexual Kiss

We’ve been told that this is not about sex or sexuality. This is about football. This is about civil rights. This is about the latest incarnation of Jackie ROBinson.

Well, if you actually believed all the hype, you might want to think again. The NFL draft was sealed with a homosexual kiss.

It was already outlandish for our president and other national leaders to celebrate the fact that a top college football player, Michael Sam, announced, “I want the world to know I’m attracted to other men” (my paraphrase). That was groundbreaking, major news?

It was already outlandish for Sam to be getting major endorsement offers despite the likelihood that he would be a late draft pick (if drafted at all). As OBservers noted, this was completely unprecedented.

It was already outlandish for Roger Goodell, the commissioner of the NFL, to say, “I want to see Michael Sam get an opportunity to play in the NFL,” especially in light of his claim, stated in the very next sentence, that, “We like to say the NFL is the ultimate meritocracy. If you can play football, they want to see you play. The teams want you. The fans want you. And that’s ultimately what it’s all about.”

Well, if that what it’s all about, if it’s simply a matter of football ability, then why make such a big deal out of this one player?

If it’s simply a matter of merit, why were there fears that it would be a PR disaster if Sam wasn’t drafted? Why should Goodell express his desire that Sam gets an opportunity to play if it’s just a matter of which player is best suited to play in the league? Or will the NFL (and other leagues) soon be required to have a gay quota?

It turns out that the NFL was able to avoid the feared PR disaster when the St. Louis Rams drafted Sam in the seventh round as the 249th pick (putting him dangerously near the end of the picks), with Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher making the appropriate comments, namely, “In the world of diversity we live in now, I’m honored to be a part of this and I’m excited about his opportunity to help this football team win.” 

But no sooner was Sam’s pick announced that the NFL had a new issue to deal with (or celebrate?): its first homosexual kiss.

Yes, in an emotional moment played endlessly on the airwaves and captured in still photos that made the headlines, Sam and his boyfriend hugged and exchanged a brief kiss as the NFL officially welcomed its first openly gay player.

So much for this not being about sex or sexuality. So much for this being about what’s best for the team. And heaven forbid you express any displeasure with this homosexual moment, especially if you’re an NFL player or coach. All perceived “homophOBia” will be prosecuted sternly.

Miami Dolphins’ player Don Jones already found himself in trouble when he tweeted out “OMG” and “horrible” in response to the gay kiss.

He quickly deleting the tweets, but not before coming under criticism from Dolphins’ general manager Dennis Hickey, who stated, “I was made aware of it and I was disappointed in those comments. That’s not what we stand for as an organization.”

So, as an organization, the Miami Dolphins have a prOBlem with one of their players expressing his dissatisfaction with two men kissing on camera? This is what Jeff Fisher means by the “world of diversity we live in now”? (I’m wondering how common it is to see a male college player kissing his girlfriend on screen after being drafted, which makes the Michael Sam moment stand out all the more.)

Not only, then, must Sam’s teammates embrace him without the least expression of discomfort in the locker room or elsewhere (perhaps when he’s with his boyfriend too?), but the entire league must embrace him kissing his boyfriend without the least expression of discomfort. After all, we are told, this is what the league now stands for.

And so, after the much-ballyhooed annual draft event, the big talk is not about the No. 1 pick, Jadeveon Clowney, or quarterback sensation Johnny Manziel being picked No. 22. It’s about pick No. 249. And it’s about the NFL’s first homosexual kiss.

And I almost forgot. This is not about sex or sexuality. It’s just about football. And anyone who isn’t celebrating this moment is a homophOBe.

Right.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/43815-nfl-draft-sealed-with-a-homosexual-kiss

• Members

Fox News seemed to love this story and especially showing the homosexual player crying on the phone with his "boyfriend" hugging him and caressing his arm and then kissing.

So called conservative commentators and Republicans on Fox News were all quick to support this, express their pleasure with the NFL embrassing open homosexuality and speaking of anyone who disagrees in harsh tones.

• Members

My son told me about this yesterday, when we went out for lunch.  He and his friends were grossed out.  I am not surprised.  Golf appears the only sport where their are a smattering of born again believers.  I have listened to many golfers, give praise and thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ, after a win.  Many have also given their testimonies.  Golfers also have a morning service before the day starts during a Sunday tournament.  I am sure there are believers in other sports, but they are not outspoken about their Christian faith. 

• Members

Just one of the many reasons I don't watch FOX or football anymore.  Well, when Don Shula retired what point was there in continuing to watch football anyway?  hehehe

• Members

Just one of the many reasons I don't watch FOX or football anymore.  Well, when Don Shula retired what point was there in continuing to watch football anyway?  hehehe

Don Shula was awesome, swath!

• Administrators

Funny thing is, this guy (Michael Sam) is not of the size to be placed in important positions - but will most likely be put first string instead of what he should for his ability because of what he is, not his ability.

Miami Dolphins player Don Jones was fined, suspended and sent to sensitivity training (for social media) for tweeting that it was horrible.  Derrick Wood, another player, has tweeted quite a bit about how inappropriate it was - claiming in one tweet that he was fine with it (meaning gays, I'm guessing), but not on national tv, that it was disgusting, kids watched, etc.  Later he tweeted that people needed to read their Bibles because it would tell them what was wrong.  That tweet didn't quite mesh with his earlier one about being fine with it.  Wood actually blocked at least 39 people from his twitter account because of the garbage they were spewing against what he was saying.

sigh.  Teams have a right to suspend their players if they want to.  But to do so because one expresses their dislike of gay kissing is reprehensible, IMO.  Three percent of the population is being force-fed down our throats via the media and political correctness/non-hate speech. And yet, one can't pray in Jesus' name...

:scratchchin:

• Members

Funny thing is, this guy (Michael Sam) is not of the size to be placed in important positions - but will most likely be put first string instead of what he should for his ability because of what he is, not his ability.

Miami Dolphins player Don Jones was fined, suspended and sent to sensitivity training (for social media) for tweeting that it was horrible.  Derrick Wood, another player, has tweeted quite a bit about how inappropriate it was - claiming in one tweet that he was fine with it (meaning gays, I'm guessing), but not on national tv, that it was disgusting, kids watched, etc.  Later he tweeted that people needed to read their Bibles because it would tell them what was wrong.  That tweet didn't quite mesh with his earlier one about being fine with it.  Wood actually blocked at least 39 people from his twitter account because of the garbage they were spewing against what he was saying.

sigh.  Teams have a right to suspend their players if they want to.  But to do so because one expresses their dislike of gay kissing is reprehensible, IMO.  Three percent of the population is being force-fed down our throats via the media and political correctness/non-hate speech. And yet, one can't pray in Jesus' name...

:scratchchin:

My son was telling me about all the tweets.  He and his friends were so upset about it.  He mentioned something about Derrick Wood, but I didn't know that Wood talked about people reading their Bibles.  I might not have caught that in our conversation yesterday.  While it is extremely sad, the Devil working overtime, the flesh of man, and the sins in the world, I am grateful that Wood is a Bible-believing Christian.  Maybe Wood can encourage those Christians who are silent to speak out.  Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part, though.

• Administrators

I don't know if he's a Bible-believing Christian or not.  He never spoke about Jesus, the morality of it, or anything. Just the one comment about reading the Bible and seeing that it said.  It was good to read, though, because at least someone is acknowledging that God has something to say about it!

• Members

I don't know if he's a Bible-believing Christian or not.  He never spoke about Jesus, the morality of it, or anything. Just the one comment about reading the Bible and seeing that it said.  It was good to read, though, because at least someone is acknowledging that God has something to say about it!

That makes more sense.  I didn't think my son mentioned it.  He would remember that.  Very true.  It is so difficult to get the lost to acknowledge God much less bring Jesus into a conversation.  The saints have to be so diligent for the cause of Jesus Christ.  What a good reminder on how we need to pray for these poor souls.

• Members

Just one of the many reasons I don't watch FOX or football anymore. Well, when Don Shula retired what point was there in continuing to watch football anyway? hehehe

Oops! You meant Ditka.

Fox was never Conservative.
Fox was labeled "conservative" by the Commies, because it attempted to provide more than one view, or a more centrist one.

So many Christians got caught up in the one non-Commie news source, that they let their guard down, and believed that they were safe with Fox.

So, now, U.S. Christianity is one step closer to Rome, and The Son of Perdition's Israel.

This was done on purpose by Satan.
He has been offering false hope through knowledge to believers since Eden.

Anishinaabe

• Members

Oops! You meant Ditka.

Fox was never Conservative.
Fox was labeled "conservative" by the Commies, because it attempted to provide more than one view, or a more centrist one.

So many Christians got caught up in the one non-Commie news source, that they let their guard down, and believed that they were safe with Fox.

So, now, U.S. Christianity is one step closer to Rome, and The Son of Perdition's Israel.

This was done on purpose by Satan.
He has been offering false hope through knowledge to believers since Eden.

Anishinaabe

IMO, Don Shula was great too, prophet.  Ditka goes without saying.  :)

• Members

Don who? :icon_confused:

Oh, maybe you meant Don Ho the Hawaiian guy. You forgot his name so you typed Don Hula (Hawaiian) but the "s" slipped in there.

Still, I don't know what "Tiny Bubbles" has to do with football.

Oh well...Aloha oe! :Bolt:

• Members

NFL Draft Sealed With a Homosexual Kiss

We’ve been told that this is not about sex or sexuality. This is about football. This is about civil rights. This is about the latest incarnation of Jackie ROBinson.

Well, if you actually believed all the hype, you might want to think again. The NFL draft was sealed with a homosexual kiss.

It was already outlandish for our president and other national leaders to celebrate the fact that a top college football player, Michael Sam, announced, “I want the world to know I’m attracted to other men” (my paraphrase). That was groundbreaking, major news?

It was already outlandish for Sam to be getting major endorsement offers despite the likelihood that he would be a late draft pick (if drafted at all). As OBservers noted, this was completely unprecedented.

It was already outlandish for Roger Goodell, the commissioner of the NFL, to say, “I want to see Michael Sam get an opportunity to play in the NFL,” especially in light of his claim, stated in the very next sentence, that, “We like to say the NFL is the ultimate meritocracy. If you can play football, they want to see you play. The teams want you. The fans want you. And that’s ultimately what it’s all about.”

Well, if that what it’s all about, if it’s simply a matter of football ability, then why make such a big deal out of this one player?

If it’s simply a matter of merit, why were there fears that it would be a PR disaster if Sam wasn’t drafted? Why should Goodell express his desire that Sam gets an opportunity to play if it’s just a matter of which player is best suited to play in the league? Or will the NFL (and other leagues) soon be required to have a gay quota?

It turns out that the NFL was able to avoid the feared PR disaster when the St. Louis Rams drafted Sam in the seventh round as the 249th pick (putting him dangerously near the end of the picks), with Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher making the appropriate comments, namely, “In the world of diversity we live in now, I’m honored to be a part of this and I’m excited about his opportunity to help this football team win.” 

But no sooner was Sam’s pick announced that the NFL had a new issue to deal with (or celebrate?): its first homosexual kiss.

Yes, in an emotional moment played endlessly on the airwaves and captured in still photos that made the headlines, Sam and his boyfriend hugged and exchanged a brief kiss as the NFL officially welcomed its first openly gay player.

So much for this not being about sex or sexuality. So much for this being about what’s best for the team. And heaven forbid you express any displeasure with this homosexual moment, especially if you’re an NFL player or coach. All perceived “homophOBia” will be prosecuted sternly.

Miami Dolphins’ player Don Jones already found himself in trouble when he tweeted out “OMG” and “horrible” in response to the gay kiss.

He quickly deleting the tweets, but not before coming under criticism from Dolphins’ general manager Dennis Hickey, who stated, “I was made aware of it and I was disappointed in those comments. That’s not what we stand for as an organization.”

So, as an organization, the Miami Dolphins have a prOBlem with one of their players expressing his dissatisfaction with two men kissing on camera? This is what Jeff Fisher means by the “world of diversity we live in now”? (I’m wondering how common it is to see a male college player kissing his girlfriend on screen after being drafted, which makes the Michael Sam moment stand out all the more.)

Not only, then, must Sam’s teammates embrace him without the least expression of discomfort in the locker room or elsewhere (perhaps when he’s with his boyfriend too?), but the entire league must embrace him kissing his boyfriend without the least expression of discomfort. After all, we are told, this is what the league now stands for.

And so, after the much-ballyhooed annual draft event, the big talk is not about the No. 1 pick, Jadeveon Clowney, or quarterback sensation Johnny Manziel being picked No. 22. It’s about pick No. 249. And it’s about the NFL’s first homosexual kiss.

And I almost forgot. This is not about sex or sexuality. It’s just about football. And anyone who isn’t celebrating this moment is a homophOBe.

Right.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/43815-nfl-draft-sealed-with-a-homosexual-kiss

She/he will be hurt the first season, Next...    :threadlockedbc5:

• Members

I honestly don't care what people do in their personal lives.  I work with a gay man and it does not bother me at all, and we have developed a good friendship.  He is an excellent lawyer, and I gladly work with him.

I don't see whey this is a big deal either way.  He is a gay man.  He is a good football player.  If he can do the jOB, then I am not sure why people are upset or jubilant about this.  Media likes it because it is a splashy story.  But in reality, if he is a good player, he will do well in the NFL.  If he is not, then he will ultimately be cut, or placed on the practice squad. 

People are making much ado over nothing, really.  Media likes it because it sells papers and drives traffic to their website.  If it didn't, they wouldn't report it.  But in the grand scheme of things, this is a man who was happy who expressed his joy with this significant other.  Whether you agree with his lifestyle or not, it is his life and his choice, and it has no impact on anyone but himself. 

This won't make me watch the NFL, or follow a team, or not follow a team.  It won't change my life at all.  It is completely outside of my realm of influence or even outside of my realm of interest. 

Let's move on, shall we?

Archived