• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Weird Start To The Morning

• Moderators

This morning our day got a strange start.

Before my wife and I were out of bed, I received a call from a man and his mother who, for about 5 years, we struggled to help.

Both of them are not 'normal'. He is an adult of 49 years old, and lives with his mom. He is not of normal intelligence, though functional, but dillusional, as is she. He has a tendency of creating things in his mind and telling her, and she believes each and every word he says, even when her own eyes say otherwise. We have helped her through two bouts of cancer, helped them find places to live, even allowing them to stay in the church parsonage, (which their dogs destroyed). At the end, when we lost our building, they had to leave, as well, and have blamed us for it ever since.

So, some time back, they came to the church meeting early to tell me how my wife had gone to a pastor in another town, and to the next town's auto parts store, and had told them all kinds of crazy things about them. Oh, she went and lied and told horrible things about them. And they are accusing her of this right in front of her. Well, there wasn't much I could do with the auto place, but they had the number of the pastor, so we called him right then and spoke to him in front of them on speaker, and he repudiated the whole thing, said he not only didn't know my wife or I, but that he had no idea who they were, either.  So, things kind of died down, and they began to say, that, well it wasn't my wife, but someone that MIGHT have been her, etc etc. So they stayed for service and things seemed okay.

Now, after about two months of not seeing them, they called to tell me that my wife went to a LAWYER in Susanville and told him horribe things about them, and that she has been sending the local AOG pastor's wife to say horrible things about them, too. When I tried to get more details, they told me to shut up and listen so I hung up on them, and tried to get the info by text but got no response.

So, this morning we are going to go see the lawyer, and talk to him about it-apparently its a public defender, who they called the free lawyer, and that he had suggested they take her to court. So now we must go to it.

So, a little prayer would be good right now, ust for our wisdom and thier calm. I will update.  Thanks, y'all.

• Members

I have one more thing to add, when you pray please follow this one;

Ephesians 5:19   Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Ephesians 5:20   Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

And ;

1 Thessalonians 5:16   Rejoice evermore.

1 Thessalonians 5:17   Pray without ceasing.

1 Thessalonians 5:18   In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:19   Quench not the Spirit.

Example to be given- Stephen praying good for those stoning him- we got Paul out of that, and the other, Paul and Silas singing praise to God for being beaten and in chains in prison- God's response was to unchain them, open all the doors and the guard and his family got saved.

So when we have prayed for the best of our enemie, we have gotten some powerful answers to this type of prayer.

So pray along these lines-

Bless Judy and Mitch, pray thanks for their delusions, pray thanks for their bitterness , pray blessing for their life situation and their health, pray good things to come to them, thank God for His will in their lives. Thank God for the evil they speak about us and others.
For an example of what happens to other people this is the first chapter of Merlin Carothers Power of Praise (yes I know he isn't IFB, but he carried a lot of wisdom  in this praise ministry- a sweet and worthy man or action);

The story of how a couple praised God FOR thier dad/father in law's alcoholism, and it changed more than when they lamented over him.

• Members

do you have caller ID? can't you block her number? on house phone and/ or church phone? Maybe an order of protection might be a good idea also. When you're dealing with nuts better to err on the side of caution. IMO.

• Members

James 1:2-3

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

I'll be praying for you. It makes me thankful I'm a nOBody in church, I could not handle those prOBlems as well as you are.

• Members

do you have caller ID? can't you block her number? on house phone and/ or church phone? Maybe an order of protection might be a good idea also. When you're dealing with nuts better to err on the side of caution. IMO.

They changed their number.

• Members

Thank you brother Mike for having a good heart and love for these people it's sad to hear how they have returned thanks to the lord and to you for all that you've done.

May the lord give you his peace and give you the wisdom to deal with this prOBlem.

Praying

continuing in prayer that God will soon bless you with a new building

• Moderators

IN all fairness, these folks are not quite...right. IF you know what I mean. He invents things begins to believe them , and tells his mothing, who believes it, they talk back and forth and the scenario grows into crazytown.

FWIW, we went out yesterday, made some stops, some inquiries, and absolutely nothing, as we knew would be the case. We also stopped b and spoke with the AOG pastor and his wife to let them know they were on the radr as well, and they weren't concerned. Like us they are used to such things.

Of course, to make things worse, we had a mother rabbit drop some of her newborns in the middle of the rabbit pen and left them there, due to an issue we had with our water. One of them had gotten a leg bot off by another rabbit, so we put it down, and the other two we are now bottle feeding-at this point they look like little naked mole rats, but nthey are active and strong and we suspect they will survivie. I did learn one thing: black bunnies actually have black skin. Never knew that. So we have a little naked black bunny and a little naked white bunny. And any Democrats out there should know that the are living together just fine, there's been no racial profiling, and they are both getting equal portions.

Anybody else hear "Ebony and Ivory" playing in their heads?

• Moderators

IN all fairness, these folks are not quite...right. IF you know what I mean. He invents things begins to believe them , and tells his mothing, who believes it, they talk back and forth and the scenario grows into crazytown.

FWIW, we went out yesterday, made some stops, some inquiries, and absolutely nothing, as we knew would be the case. We also stopped b and spoke with the AOG pastor and his wife to let them know they were on the radr as well, and they weren't concerned. Like us they are used to such things.

Of course, to make things worse, we had a mother rabbit drop some of her newborns in the middle of the rabbit pen and left them there, due to an issue we had with our water. One of them had gotten a leg bot off by another rabbit, so we put it down, and the other two we are now bottle feeding-at this point they look like little naked mole rats, but nthey are active and strong and we suspect they will survivie. I did learn one thing: black bunnies actually have black skin. Never knew that. So we have a little naked black bunny and a little naked white bunny. And any Democrats out there should know that the are living together just fine, there's been no racial profiling, and they are both getting equal portions.

Anybody else hear "Ebony and Ivory" playing in their heads?

Wow, had to do that - didn't you?

Archived