• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Need A Break

TheSword

• Members

It's become clear that some on here refuse to allow a fruitful adult discussion to occur. Those that actually want to discuss things in a respectful and mutually edifying way are unable to do so because of the poor attitudes, attacks, and generally unchristian behavior of some. Of late, it's enticed me to retort in an unedifying way, and I that disgusts me. Clearly I need a break from OB. At this point I'm not sure whether I'll come back or not, but for those of you who've remained cordial and respectful, I'll still respond to messages for a short while should you need anything or desire to interact some other way. Bro. Matt and Mods, this was an excellent and enjoyable site for a while, thank you for your hard work on it and best of luck in the future.

For those that are the reason for this decision, please feel free to continue to leave ungodly comments and show your colors.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's become clear that some on here refuse to allow a fruitful adult discussion to occur. Those that actually want to discuss things in a respectful and mutually edifying way are unable to do so because of the poor attitudes, attacks, and generally unchristian behavior of some. Of late, it's enticed me to retort in an unedifying way, and I that disgusts me. Clearly I need a break from OB. At this point I'm not sure whether I'll come back or not, but for those of you who've remained cordial and respectful, I'll still respond to messages for a short while should you need anything or desire to interact some other way. Bro. Matt and Mods, this was an excellent and enjoyable site for a while, thank you for your hard work on it and best of luck in the future.

For those that are the reason for this decision, please feel free to continue to leave ungodly comments and show your colors.

I would discuss things with you but my knowledge of the original languages are limited. 

I get a kick out of how bible correctors always like to appear so holy and only want to speak to edification when all they do is correct the bible. How edifying. You are a dime a dozen. I just wish you would all stop posing as KJV bible believers. I would respect you much more.

• Members

I get a kick out of how bible correctors always like to appear so holy and only want to speak to edification when all they do is correct the bible. How edifying. You are a dime a dozen. I just wish you would all stop posing as KJV bible believers. I would respect you much more.

And people wonder why the personal attacks and attitudes? 

• Moderators

I would discuss things with you but my knowledge of the original languages are limited.

Speaking of colors...

Shame on you.

• Members

I understand - it is distasteful the way personal attacks are made. I try to keep discussion courteous & Scriptural despite the attacks.

• Members

If there is a clear and present danger in casting doubt or dispersions against our English Bible, then certainly a rebuke against those practitioners is in order. If there is not, let us use whatever version, language, mss or commentary that suits our fancy. If the Scripture is our Final Authority, and the English has a worthy copy of those Scriptures, then let us who speak English defend it from all incursions, no matter how innocuous they appear, and how likeable the transgressor be. Anishinaabe

• Members

Sword, I enjoy your posts so much!  I will miss you greatly.  :)  Enjoy your break, brother.

• Members

Fellowship is one of the keys to spiritual growth which occurs when christian's share their walk with God in an atmosphere of love and respect.

Fellowship occurs when everyone communicates in love with other believers and they are strengthened as a result.

Sometimes fellowship requires confessing our faults(James 5:16) as we strive to develop a unity of spirit and mind.   

I believe when brother Matt started this website it was for the intention for other christian's to" fellowship " in our lord with one another. yet some join with the motive of contention (selfish ambition) for the wrong reason to hinder the christian fellowship. yet also some here clearly show their arrogance out of disrespect for others causing hurt and anger only to hinder the Christian fellowship   which is sin that God hates. 

I believe every christian should show Godly love and respect to their pastor and it appears that there are a lot of pastors on OB which should be a blessing for help and guidance to others in their walk with God. but I'm in question of ones calling as a pastor when he is sowing discord among the brethren and sowing false doctrines among the brethren,those whom are the ones who like to change the subject of a thread(posting)making it their own subject showing self-ambition, attacking out of disrespect being full of arrogance hindering the fellowship of the brethren. which is a sin God hates.

These same things also occur among some brothers and sisters causing discord without reguard of Godly love or respect for one another causing hurt and anger among the brethren.( unchristian behavior)

As christian's we should have fruitful discussions(conversations) in fellowship conducting ourselves worthily of the Gospel being of one mind and put away our petty grievances and disunity by loving one another as Jesus commanded us to do.

When I log into OB  as a habit I check to see who's online and find that there's mostly more visitors then members online and when I see such things happening as this it's sad that we cant be a better example of the light shinning for the Gospel of the Lord Jesus our savior.

Brother' praying that the lord will give you peace in your heart

God bless    

Archived