• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why I Left The Pre-Trib Position

Ukulelemike

• Members

Genevan - rumors and gossip are not a welcomed part of a conversation.  There is nothing to substantiate your claim.  So does it add any value to the conversation? 

NO

So that's why I commented...let's keep the subject of the conversation on topic, and not throw out rumors and unsubstantiated claims.  These are mindless distractions, and yet another attempt to label dispensationalism as a man-made theory instead of Bible doctrine.  These tactics by the people on your side of the argument grow very wearisome and tiring.  Your side overlooks and dismisses any connections to "man" as the source of their doctrine so that you can appear to be more "Biblical."  Then, to discredit our side or the argument, your side is constantly attaching man's name to our theology as if NOBODY ever taught this apart from these "men."

It is sickening and nauseating, and is a very large part of why I dropped out of these conversations.  

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep - here we go again with the name slinging. 

Darby did not "invent" dispensationalism.  He merely systematized what many others had been teaching before him.  There are many Bible Believing Christians who held to some form of dispensationalism long before Darby was even born.  So get over it already.

So I guess I'll start calling all of the covenant/replacement theology holders here "Origenites" or "Augustinites?" 

Neah....too childish.

Let's grow up people!

• Members

Anyone who cannot see the blatant differences in how God has dealt with man throughout the ages of HIStory and into the future, is completely brainwashed by men. Men call it dispensationalism, I call it rightly dividing His Word (I call it that because God calls it that).

IMO, anyone who blends the Bible all together to attempt to serve the Lord or understand the Word stays in a constant state of confusion and actually seems to stay in a constant state of denial about their confusion.

• Members

Which is exactly my point - if you have bothered to pay attention to the 'dispensationalists' currently polluting this site you get a very different thing from what is spoken of in that quote.
Under the current circumstances on this site, that distinction needs to be made.

I make no comment on his wife-bride thoughts..........

Later post:

As has been clearly displayed on this site lately, there is dispensationalism and then there is dispensationalism......

Sorry - are you accusing dispensationalists of polluting this forum? Who should I pay attention to? And who are you accusing of "polluting?"

• Members

If you look at any tract, it makes no mention of the Kingdom.

The gospel of the Kingdom is all about the Millennium - Messiah ruling from Jerusalem.

Gentiles don't need to here about that at present..  The Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation by Jews.

• Members

If you look at any tract, it makes no mention of the Kingdom.
The gospel of the Kingdom is all about the Millennium - Messiah ruling from Jerusalem.
Gentiles don't need to here about that at present.. The Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation by Jews.

Show me 1 shred of evidence, in Scripture, that puts Jews preaching the Gospel during the Great Tribulation.

The Jews are going to lead the charge, with their false messiah, against the Christians.

Anishinaabe

• Members

Anyone who cannot see the blatant differences in how God has dealt with man throughout the ages of HIStory and into the future, is completely brainwashed by men. Men call it dispensationalism, I call it rightly dividing His Word (I call it that because God calls it that).

IMO, anyone who blends the Bible all together to attempt to serve the Lord or understand the Word stays in a constant state of confusion and actually seems to stay in a constant state of denial about their confusion.

Huh?

• Members

I'm pretrib and most of the IFB I know in real life are pretrib. For some reason there is a group of Reformed that like to hang out here. I choose not to debate them.

What about us Ind. Baptists that aren't carried away with the popular doctrine-of-the-week?
Care to debate the Scriptures with us?

Anishinaabe

• Members

Gorship

Don't feel alone.  When I first joined this forum a few years ago, I debated these guys.  But I soon learned that it is the same people pushing their agenda at any and every opportunity.  When they are confronted with the specific wording of the text, they can't handle it, and allegorize it away.  Of course, they can't see it, and they deny it, and then they accuse US of changing the Scriptures.  So the whole "debate" becomes fruitless....same arguments with the same people going 'round and 'round in the same circles.  So I, as Matthew has stated, have chosen to largely ignore them as well....there does not seem to be much edification in these endless debates.   They have an agenda, and will not rest until they cram it down our throats.

Prophet

I have debated your cohorts in times past.  I can say from experience that the previous debates revealed that they did not in fact want to debate the Scriptures - they have in times past ignored the plain wording of the Scriptures.  And you are one to talk....every time this debate comes up, the first thing out of your "mouth" is not Scripture, but attacks via "guilt by association" by name calling, and labelling us as "Darbyites" etc. 

The IFB churches I was raised in were all moderate dispensationalists and pre-tribulation rapture of the church.  Most IFB's WERE, and I think many still are. 

In Christ,

• Members

Gorship

Don't feel alone.  When I first joined this forum a few years ago, I debated these guys.  But I soon learned that it is the same people pushing their agenda at any and every opportunity.  When they are confronted with the specific wording of the text, they can't handle it, and allegorize it away.  Of course, they can't see it, and they deny it, and then they accuse US of changing the Scriptures.  So the whole "debate" becomes fruitless....same arguments with the same people going 'round and 'round in the same circles.  So I, as Matthew has stated, have chosen to largely ignore them as well....there does not seem to be much edification in these endless debates.   They have an agenda, and will not rest until they cram it down our throats.

Prophet

I have debated your cohorts in times past.  I can say from experience that the previous debates revealed that they did not in fact want to debate the Scriptures - they have in times past ignored the plain wording of the Scriptures.  And you are one to talk....every time this debate comes up, the first thing out of your "mouth" is not Scripture, but attacks via "guilt by association" by name calling, and labelling us as "Darbyites" etc. 

The IFB churches I was raised in were all moderate dispensationalists and pre-tribulation rapture of the church.  Most IFB's WERE, and I think many still are. 

In Christ,

And yet you go on debating...

• Members

Actually there is very little real debate on this forum. There is a lot of arguing but very little debate.

A few years ago the Admin of this site asked for a few volunteers to debate the pre trib rapture doctrine with the stated web sites position as being PRE TRIB.  i guess that has taken a back seat nowadays with post trib moderators and all.

Debate is listening to a point, then responding to the point made. By saying, I think what you said may have certain failing this is why-....

Arguing is not responding to a point made and just continuing with one´s opinion. By saying__________________ and not making any real reply to the point made beforehand.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Notice that the opening comments state that the position of this board is PRE TRIB.

pastorj and I entered into a debate that was civil, considerate and to my way of thinking, very thorough and of course I believe that pastorj and I did "win" the debate.

Not much debating going on around here any more. Just a bunch of shouting each other down and snarky nonsense.

Archived