• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Antichrist - Jew Or Gentile - Kjv Says God, Other Bibles Say "gods"

• Members

Alright. I need some help with this,  I personally hold that the Bible is preserved in the TR and that God preserved it in the KJV Bible we have today (Verbal Plenary Preservation, NOT, Double inspiration, just so we're clear) and thus, when I read Daniel 11:37, I pick up that the AntiChrist is Jewish (at least of decent, not practicing)

hokay, so here we go.

Daniel 11:37

Copy pasted from "http://biblehub.com/daniel/11-37.htm"

King James Bible
Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

----------------------

New International Version
He will show no regard for the gods of his ancestors or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

New Living Translation
He will have no respect for the gods of his ancestors, or for the god loved by women, or for any other god, for he will boast that he is greater than them all.

English Standard Version
He shall pay no attention to the gods of his fathers, or to the one beloved by women. He shall not pay attention to any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all.

New American Standard Bible
"He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

So this is an issue... Someone here is dead wrong. And for the record: I love my Pastor, He's a KJV, straight shootin guy, and I love him as a brother, but he's telling me that the anti christ is a gentile, and I show him this verse in the KJV and he brings up other verses which unfortuantely I fail to recall at the moment that mentions that the antichrist is still a gentile.

Am I wrong? If so... then the KJV wouldn't be exactly preserved to the jot and tittle y'know?

Posted this in End times... I guess that it could also be in KJV issues thread... If it needs to be moved I understand.

Jordan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you really study prophecy you will find other places where the bible has been changed. The fire and physical light and darkness during the day of the Lord have also been changed. If you study the KJV it is consistent through all the prophets.

What good is a bible that is easy to read but wrong?

• Moderators

As a Christian, generally of Gentile descent, yet I am of a few generations of believers, so the God of my fathers would be the One true God Almighty.

However, I believe he will be of Hebrew descent, though possibly mixed, from an Arabic background, as well, so the Muslims will be willing to follow him, as well. But that's just speculation on my part.

• Members

Stick with the KJB on it and you will never go wrong.

Also consider this: the antichrist's actual race and origins may very well be hid and the world deceived about (including the jews).

The practice of concealing and deceiving the masses about one origins has already begun. If our current president can do it, why not....

• Members

In short, I would hold that the Anti-Christ is a Roman Jew. Roman Citizenship, Jewish Nationality.

My personal belief is that he will be a pope. Not enough time to give the Scriptural basis, but anyway, that is my opinion.

• Members

My personal belief is that he will be a pope. Not enough time to give the Scriptural basis, but anyway, that is my opinion.

I tend to speculate that as well, albeit, not a true follower of the Catholic faith. I believe he will be as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Ever since Pope John Paul II, the official Papal stance on religion has become more and more ecumenical. I don't believe the quitting of Pope Benedict was mere coincidence. I believe he was pressured to make room for Pope Francis, who has shaken things up a bit with his liberal stances on atheist inclusion, homosexuality, women in the clergy, ecumenism, and abortion. I believe we are in the last days and that the Enemy is already setting the stage for the Antichrist to come from the Catholic priesthood. 

• Moderators

The thing about the Catholic 'faith' is that they will include and embrace anything and 'christianize' it, in order to gain more adherents. Hence, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, et al. So embracing whatever is necessary to be the antichrist's univeral 'church' will be easy, as it has been their MO since they began.

Myself, I believe the Pope will be the false prophet, while the antichrist will be a political leader with certain religious ties all 'round. And I suspect the Catholics will merge with the Muslims, so the antichrist can be 'messiah' to catholics and Jews, and 12th imam to the other. And of course, the world will surely embrace ANYONE who is able to bring 'peace' and acceptance between both the world's three "great religions", as well as the warring factions in the middle east.

• Members

Alright. I need some help with this,  I personally hold that the Bible is preserved in the TR and that God preserved it in the KJV Bible...

----------------------

New International Version

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

New American Standard Bible

If you REALLY believe such, why consider these Egyptian counterfeits?

If something in the scriptures seems wrong to us, we're wrong.  We get into trouble looking for a better translation.

• Members

If you REALLY believe such, why consider these Egyptian counterfeits?

If something in the scriptures seems wrong to us, we're wrong.  We get into trouble looking for a better translation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with ya. I guess part of me just wanted support from other believers? To be honest Im still surprised my pastor who holds to the doctrine of preservation wont listen to me when I mention that either the KJV is right or its wrong in this situation.

Appreciate all the responses and discussion,
all the best,
Jordan.

• Members

The Man of Sin will be HQ'ed in Jerusalem.

The Jews ( minus 144,00) will follow him, believing that he is the messiah.

This is speculative...
I don't see the Jews following a Gentile.

Anishinaabe

The Jews will not follow him accept the false brethren (Isaiah 66:5). Who do you think the woman who flees to the wilderness is?

• Members

It may be of interest to some to look at the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes.  Antiochus was a Selucid Ruler who committed the "original"

abomination in the Temple (167 BC).  You can read about this in Maccabees, which was included in the original King James Bible.  Of note is that Antiochus forced conversions to Judiasm which eventually gave rise to King Herod the Idumaean.  It may also be of note to understand that these Idumaeans are around today and account for some very wealthy and prospersous and highly influential "Jews".

Now, here are some "clues" from history:

Antiochus Epiphanes

Idumaean (a "Jew" who is not "genetically" a Jew)

• Members

The Antichrist will be a Jew of the tribe of Dan. Daniel 11:37; Genesis 49:17

The Antichrist will be Greek. Daniel 8:21

The Antichrist will be Turkish. Revelation 2:12,13

The Antichrist will be Syrian. Daniel 11:40

The Antichrist will be Iraqi. Isaiah 14:4-20

The Antichrist will be Lebanese. Ezekiel 28:12-15

The Antichrist will be Assyrian. Isaiah 30:30,31 (This one I find compelling).

The Antichrist will be Jordanian. Judas Iscariot is a perfect type of the Antichrist in scripture and his surname means "man of Kerioth". If this was the town of Kerioth on the other side of the Jordan than it's a good chance that Judas Iscariot had a Gentile father who hailed from a town located in modern day Jordan.

I believe the Antichrist will have to be a least half Jewish with a Jewish mother since it says he will confirm the covenant with Israel. I would think only a Jew would be able to confirm the covenant. Also, to come off as the Messiah and help build the temple he will have to be Jewish also. Herod the Great who renovated the temple was a practicing Jew.

• Members

The Antichrist will be a Jew of the tribe of Dan. Daniel 11:37; Genesis 49:17

The Antichrist will be Greek. Daniel 8:21

The Antichrist will be Turkish. Revelation 2:12,13

The Antichrist will be Syrian. Daniel 11:40

The Antichrist will be Iraqi. Isaiah 14:4-20

The Antichrist will be Lebanese. Ezekiel 28:12-15

The Antichrist will be Assyrian. Isaiah 30:30,31 (This one I find compelling).

The Antichrist will be Jordanian. Judas Iscariot is a perfect type of the Antichrist in scripture and his surname means "man of Kerioth". If this was the town of Kerioth on the other side of the Jordan than it's a good chance that Judas Iscariot had a Gentile father who hailed from a town located in modern day Jordan.

I believe the Antichrist will have to be a least half Jewish with a Jewish mother since it says he will confirm the covenant with Israel. I would think only a Jew would be able to confirm the covenant. Also, to come off as the Messiah and help build the temple he will have to be Jewish also. Herod the Great who renovated the temple was a practicing Jew.

Hm Interesting :) Thanks for your input. From what I understand of the other position that says he (the antichrist) is purely a gentile is the great deception, this would cause them to accept a non-jewish messiah... I dont personally hold to that, but thats what im getting told would be the explaination. :)

• Members

Hm Interesting :) Thanks for your input. From what I understand of the other position that says he (the antichrist) is purely a gentile is the great deception, this would cause them to accept a non-jewish messiah... I dont personally hold to that, but thats what im getting told would be the explaination. :)

Any of these can apply or maybe somehow all of them. I don't know. They just appear to be verses that supports the nationality/race of the Antichrist. Maybe he can be any one of these depending how circumstances and events turn out in this world. For instance, Paul said the Mystery of Iniquity (i.e. the Man of Sin) was already active in his day which suggests to me that there is at least one individual on this planet since the days of Paul that could fulfill the role of the Antichrist. 

Archived