• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God real name.

• Members

Many people believe Gods name is Jehova in English or YAHWAH in Hebrew but my pastor believes God's real name is Yeshua. What , thats Jesus' name. Well didn't Jesus say I come in my Fathers name but you new me not. Besides some of the letters in YAHWEY aren't even in the Hebrew Language. People just made it up. So now you Know the trueth .
:pmpkn:

Many people believe Gods name is Jehova in English or YAHWAH in Hebrew but my pastor believes God's real name is Yeshua. What , thats Jesus' name. Well didn't Jesus say I come in my Fathers name but you new me not. Besides some of the letters in YAHWEY aren't even in the Hebrew Language. People just made it up. So now you Know the trueth .

Hi Christian. :smile This is a great book. :thumb

LEARNING TO WORSHIP HIS NAME...DEVELOPING A PASSION FOR KNOWING GOD...BY THOMAS E. WARD.

Inside you will find Daily devotional guides on thirty of the primary names of God. God bless you today, Christian. :wvlf"

• 1 month later...
  • Members

God's real name? Jehovah is used the most - translated as LORD. Followed by God, which is Elohim. Jesus is the equivalent of the OT Joshua; however, Jesus is never called Yeshua in the OT or NT. So to argue for that exact name or form of His name as the preeminent name of God is off base. His human name is Jesus, translated in slightly different forms into every language of the world.

It is interesting to note that that the OT gives us 9 compound names of God:

1)

• Members

Please tell your pastor that God's real name is Howard (or is it Andy?).

You know how we are taught to pray ....

Our Father, who art in Heaven, Howard be thy name ....

Or that wonderful old gospel song ...

Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am his own ....

:lol: :cool

• Members

Modalism at it's worst.

Oneness theology denies the Triune nature of the Godhead.

God bless,

Calvary

• Members

YHWH is an English transliteration of the character-letters that are used to form the Tetragrammaton. The Tetragrammaton is used in the place of God's name in Old Testament Scripture.

• Members

The name Jehovah is the correct rendition of the Tetragrammaton. The higher critics have admitted that they added their own vowels to come up with the name Yahweh.

P.S. There are some manuscripts that never had the vowels removed (ie. it's a myth that God inspired the OT without vowels), and they have the name Jehovah in them.

• Members
The name Jehovah is the correct rendition of the Tetragrammaton. The higher critics have admitted that they added their own vowels to come up with the name Yahweh.

P.S. There are some manuscripts that never had the vowels removed (ie. it's a myth that God inspired the OT without vowels), and they have the name Jehovah in them.

The name Jehovah is more or less a transliteration of the Tetragrammaton. The reading of it as we see it comes from the Qere Perpetuum. The Qere(marker) is a marker for a marginal note that was put in by the Masoretic scribes. Most of the time in copying Scriptures, the Masoretes simply put in JHVH(or YHWH). Sometimes, they added a Qere that it was to be pronounced as Adonai. And in some manuscripts, it was simply a Qere Perpetuum(Perpetual Marker), and they just added the vowel markers for Adonai into the Tetragrammaton.