• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

....the Power Of The Dog....2.......

heartstrings

• Members

Seriously?  Easily offended, eh?  :icon_rolleyes:

If I had thin skin, I could infer that you were accusing those who have pet dogs of harboring evil.

I'm sorry that my explanation of what I meant by "evil" tore up your calling it "stupid talk. But that explanation is exactly what I meant from the beginning.....That isn't "backpeddling" Arbo, that is called explaining what you meant.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think onions are evil too. I never cared for them and in the bible they are mentioned in association with Egypt.

Eat and onion and you are a backslidder!

No, it's the garlic eaters that I usually shun. :eusa_naughty:

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I'm sorry that my explanation of what I meant by "evil" tore up your calling it "stupid talk. But that explanation is exactly what I meant from the beginning.....That isn't "backpeddling" Arbo, that is called explaining what you meant.

Perhaps had you explained your reasoning  better than dogs are evil because they are,  it would not have appeared to be stupid talk. You have made it clear in the past that you do not like dogs, and this reads like another of those rants.

• Members

I already have, in the previous post.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Most of us have read about the dogs that licked the blood of Ahab, devoured Jezebel, returned to their vomit, licked Lazarus' sores etc. In the Word of God and in ancient Hebrew society, weren't dogs considered about the most vile critters in all creation, with the exception of maybe swine? I wholeheartedly agree. Why is it that society will revere a slOBbering vomit slurping, feces eating, posterior sniffing, carrion rolling, flesh ripping beast, let the stupid thing SLEEP in bed with them. lick the faces of their kids (puke) and when it maims or kills somebody, even a child, they still put the dog's "rights" before people's?  I just don't get it.  No offense intended to any dog lovers but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

..and you made the first reply...

You prefer goats.  We get it.

I already explained why dogs were "evil".... I know you don't like that, but I wasn't 'backpeddling'.

• Members

Dogs do some pretty disgusting things, kinda a constant reminder to us of sin.

Maybe if we would pay as much attention to what people see us do, that we think

is just natural, but ain't, maybe, just maybe, we might not appear as do the dogs.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you..."

I think we own 4 dogs to keep me in line. :knuppel:

Time for a cappuccino shake! :coffee2:

• Members

At the very least, dogs have the power to get three pages on an OB thread!

I don't think the debate is really about dogs. It's about whether something is to be considered evil just because the bible speaks of it in a negative sense in most cases. Judges 7:5 and Matthew 7:28 being the exceptions.

By the way, have you ever heard or read the message, "Some Dogs I Have Known" by "Fighting BOB" Shuler? I bought the book (it was a transcribed sermon) years ago through The Sword of the Lord. Great message. Very inspiring. 

• Members

I don't think the debate is really about dogs. It's about whether something is to be considered evil just because the bible speaks of it in a negative sense in most cases. Judges 7:5 and Matthew 7:28 being the exceptions.

To an extent, yep.

Archived