• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

....the Power Of The Dog....2.......

heartstrings

• Members
The dog attacked her son first. Baker pried its jaws open and it went after her next. The dog bit her arms repeatedly until a neighbor came to her rescue. “He was getting ready to go for my neck,” she said.
The dog bit the neighbor and eventually escaped outside, where it attacked other people. A police officer shot the dog after it repeatedly evaded capture, which upset Baker. “I don’t blame the dog at all,” she said. “I feel bad for the dog.”
Baker said pit bulls can be good dogs if they are raised correctly. “I would own a pit bull again,” she said.

Evidently, her mama and daddy didn't raise her correctly......

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/apr/13/bite-victim-doesnt-blame-pit-bull-for-attack/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pit bulls are not family dogs. They should not be around kids. I understand they can be protective of kids but they are too unpredictable. They make good one person pets because they tend to bond with one person to the exclusion of everyone else. SPCA told me this and I believe it.

• Members

Not what I said. Dogs are evil.....but not wicked. 

Dogs are evil?  I do not mean to sound insulting, but that is just stupid talk.  It is like declaring squirrels, cats, deer, or any other animal evil because of their potential to do damage to people or property.  They are Our Lord's creation.  Nothing evil about them.

You do not like dogs.  You have made that clear.  We get it.

• Members

Not sure why we care but since we do:

Dogs are capable of acting on the instincts God gave them and that is about it (long and short version). What evil man has manipulated in their generations of breeding is on man..not the dogs.

It appears the only critter God condemned is the serpent and we all know why that happened.

• Members

We might as well break out the Hadith on this one.

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira ranhu.gif

I heard Allah's Apostle saaws-long.gif saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Hadith - Mishkat, Transmitted by Abu Dawud and Darimi

The Prophet saaws-long.gif said, "Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one." [Muslim, Narrated AbuDharr: "...The black dog is a devil."]

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira ranhu.gif

Allah's Apostle saaws-long.gif said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet saaws-long.gif said, "A dog for guarding cattle or for hunting."

• Members

We might as well break out the Hadith on this one.

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira ranhu.gif

I heard Allah's Apostle saaws-long.gif saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Hadith - Mishkat, Transmitted by Abu Dawud and Darimi

The Prophet saaws-long.gif said, "Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one." [Muslim, Narrated AbuDharr: "...The black dog is a devil."]

Hadith - Bukhari 3:515, Narrated Abu Huraira ranhu.gif

Allah's Apostle saaws-long.gif said, "Whoever keeps a dog, one Qirat of the reward of his good deeds is deducted daily, unless the dog is used for guarding a farm or cattle." Abu Huraira (in another narration) said from the Prophet, "unless it is used for guarding sheep or farms, or for hunting." Narrated Abu Hazim from Abu Huraira: The Prophet saaws-long.gif said, "A dog for guarding cattle or for hunting."

Ummmmmmm........ why?

Archived