• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Blood Moon Tonight

• Members

Jon Snow is a very experienced & trusted reporter - here is his report from a Gaza hospital:

'>

Am I a heretic for quoting Micah? Most of the prophets said "anti-semitic" things against the Israel of their day - not least the Lord Jesus.

I don't approve of Hamas, Islam, terrorism in any form; I certainly do not approve of indiscriminate bombing & slaughter of the innocent, whether by suicide bombs or rockets, nor by state terrorism. Are the Israelis living in fear of Gaza rockets? Hardly - they are stting out to get a grandstand view of the destruction of Gaza.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Covennter.

It is often said that Palestinians lost their lands and homes in 1948.  Yes nearly 1,000,000 did, most werer ordered to leave by the Arab Hihg Command to enable their forces free range to kill the Jews, promising that they would be able to return in 6 months,  They kept them in the refugee camps near the border and did not allow them citizenship.  At the same time over 1,000,000 Jews were evicted from Arab lands, many from before 1948.  None of these were able to return and were all given citizenship in Israel or left to settle in other countries.  

Many others nationalities were dispossessed of lands and homes throughout the centuries.  I remember a Jewish Christian saying to me that very few Jews throughout the centuries have been born in the same county where their grandfather was born. Many different nationalities were dispossessed during and after WW2 including the Germans from East Prussia,and the Poles in Eastern Poland and of course millions of Jews who lost lands, property and their lives.  Many Arabs supported the Nazis because they persecuted Jews.  That was before 1948. During the war, I cannot remember the date, but you can prOBably look it up, there was a pro Nazi coup in Iraq.

Do you ever ask yourself why Israel and now Egypt blockade Gaza?.  I can remember in the 60s and 70s, Israel had many workers from Gaza and the West Bank, they used to go daily to Israel by bus and return in the evening, but the Palestinians not only sent workers in the buses, but also bombers and gunmen to attack the Jews.

You know and I know that there will never be a two state solution.  The Arabs will not accept that, they could have had that under Arafat, but they only want to kill every Jew and "drive them into the sea." The Hamas leaders are quite happy to have their women and children killed by Israel,  because it makes they appear the injured party.

• Members

Jon Snow is a very experienced & trusted reporter - here is his report from a Gaza hospital:*** I will not repost your biased reports - these hospitals are provided by and funded by Israel *****

Am I a heretic for quoting Micah? Most of the prophets said "anti-semitic" things against the Israel of their day - not least the Lord Jesus.

I don't approve of Hamas, Islam, terrorism in any form; I certainly do not approve of indiscriminate bombing & slaughter of the innocent, whether by suicide bombs or rockets, nor by state terrorism. Are the Israelis living in fear of Gaza rockets? Hardly - they are stting out to get a grandstand view of the destruction of Gaza.

I serve the Prince of Peace, & only the Gospel of peace with God through Jesus could make a real difference. In our Bible study today we were considering Acts 15, & the genuine prOBlem the Jewish Christians had in accepting Gentile Christians as true believers with whom they could have full fellowship to the extent of eating together as brothers & sisters, fellow children of God.

On a personal note, I was born a few months before WWII began, & we lived in Southampton, which was heavily bombed. Bombs came within 50 feet of our house, destroying two nearby houses & creating a garden pond. We spent many nights in a corrugated iron shelter. My memories include fear of doodlebugs. our prayer was that the war would end & Daddy would come home. Many of my school friends had a black rhombus on their sleeves for their daddies who didn't come home. Of course we had warnings before the bombs - Hitler made sure of that. We were horrified by the slaughter of the Jews, & rejoiced that they were given a homeland after the war. Most churches saw the restoration of Israel as in accord with prophecy. We rejoiced at the success of the Israeli/Anglo/French Suez war, & were upset that America forced us to withdraw.

We're not considering Jewish Christians, but a nation that continues to reject the Messiah. We can argue about whether there is prophesied a large scale conversion of Jews before Jesus returns. I will rejoice at such news, though I do not see it in NT prophecy. Meanwhile, I see a desperate Palestinian people whose future is an endless refugee status, or life in walled villages that cut them off from land & livelihood, & live in fear of arbitrary imprisonment, & ever-expanding settlements.

So I quote Micah.

You folk should not let your view of prophecy cloud your judgement in straightforward matters of injustice.

When you open with an untrue and heavily biased statement, you should expect to get criticism.
And of course, instead of either defending your statement - which you can't because it is untrue - or retracting your statement, you avoid it by suggesting we are arguing against Scripture.
I am not arguing against Micah - I didn't even address your use of that Scripture in any way.
I was concerned with your false statement about slaughter.
You regularly post biased and untrue reports with regard to the Israelites and the situation there, and by such you show your attitude towards them, which is tainted away from the actual truth of the situation by your theological position.

So stop complaining about getting called out on yet another false report.

• Members

I should prOBably add Covenantor that you have knowingly and willing polluted someone else's thread with a deliberately controversial post.
Apart from being disrespectful, you are deliberately putting a stumbling block before those you call brother.

• Members

The command to Israel & Arab - and all mankind is to repent & believe in Jesus for salvation.

I've thought a lot about the ones dying over there and not going to heaven. Palestinians and Israelis without Jesus are going to an awful place.

Its hard to understand how Hamas can hate the Jews more than they love their children. Its on the internet Palestinians going crazy with hate and hurting France. FRANCE!!! Giving the Nazi sign in France and look how badly the French suffered under Nazi evil. 

I'll be glad when Jesus comes back to live on earth and sets up his peaceful kingdom. Everybody at peace even animals. Glory to his name. 

• Members

We read of Jews in the OT sacrificing their children to false gods. To radical Islamists, they view the sacrifice of their own people in a similar fashion.

Throughout history various peoples have sacrificed their own children whether outright or by selling them, leaving them in the woods to die, etc.

Today, here in "Christian America" we sacrifice children through abortion for the sake of convenience which is even lower than those who wrongly think they are doing so for some greater purpose such as to appease or win the favor of some god (false).

It will indeed be so wonderful to finally be with Jesus and be freed from all this wickedness.

• Members

I should prOBably add Covenantor that you have knowingly and willing polluted someone else's thread with a deliberately controversial post.
Apart from being disrespectful, you are deliberately putting a stumbling block before those you call brother.

Surely the discussion of "blood moons" IS their possible significance is relating to Israel & prophecy. And the present & recent events in Israel/Palestine are momentous. Whatever the truth & lies in the countless Youtube clips, & supposed hisorical accounts, TV & Newspaper reports etc, there are undisputed truths:

Israel has systematically expanded into Palestinian territory.

Gaza has been heavily bombed, with the death of over 1,000, mostly women & children, & the destruction of the infrastructure - water, sewage, elelctricity.

Hamas rockets are largely harmless & a futile act of defiance, merely giving Israel an excuse for more murderous bombing.

Only the Gospel of peace with God through the LORD Jesus can bring true peace, BUT meanwhile, a general acceptance of the 10 commandments, & the principle of justice declared, e.g. by Micah, would be a move towards peaceful living together - as gave Britain & America a peaceful society.

America's support for Israel has prejudiced the Arab world against indigenous Christians, resulting in deadly persecution.

• Members

Another Blood moon (also known as a very large moon in the early evening just after sundown) is coming up on August 9th  and again on Sept 8th

When I was at school,  over 60 years ago, we learnt that large red moons occurred when the moon was low on the horizon and caused by the  deflection and the dust of the atmosphere.

• Members

When I was at school,  over 60 years ago, we learnt that large red moons occurred when the moon was low on the horizon and caused by the  deflection and the dust of the atmosphere.

That happend this month and will happen on the two months to come. according to the accuweather guys.  It was large and red/orange color more or less.  I saw it but had no camera to photo it.  I hope to have my camera this August 10th.

• Members

Surely the discussion of "blood moons" IS their possible significance is relating to Israel & prophecy. And the present & recent events in Israel/Palestine are momentous. Whatever the truth & lies in the countless Youtube clips, & supposed hisorical accounts, TV & Newspaper reports etc, there are undisputed truths:

Israel has systematically expanded into Palestinian territory.

Gaza has been heavily bombed, with the death of over 1,000, mostly women & children, & the destruction of the infrastructure - water, sewage, elelctricity.

Hamas rockets are largely harmless & a futile act of defiance, merely giving Israel an excuse for more murderous bombing.

Only the Gospel of peace with God through the LORD Jesus can bring true peace, BUT meanwhile, a general acceptance of the 10 commandments, & the principle of justice declared, e.g. by Micah, would be a move towards peaceful living together - as gave Britain & America a peaceful society.

America's support for Israel has prejudiced the Arab world against indigenous Christians, resulting in deadly persecution.

What you did IS disrespectful to the OP.

The rest of what you said here is just another example of your twisting of facts to fit your own false theology.

Israel stops the fight - Hamas keeps firing rockets.
I hope you would be happy to have some of these "largely harmless" rockets fired into your area......

Act of defiance? Hardly - act of war - absolutely. And aimed directly and ONLY at civilian centre's.

But you keep on ignoring the facts - it appears to make you happy.

• Members

Why aren't we so vociferous over attacks across our southern border? Drug cartels, gangs, Mexican police, border patrol and military have all fired upon our agents on the border. A flood of illegals is invading the country (and they know they are invading) and among these illegals are street gangs, agents of the drug cartels and various terrorists.

Why do we raise more of a fuss over what's going on between Israel and Hamas than we do over what's going on in America (or even other countries which are facing similar invasions)? Especially when we know the Israeli government will take action while our own government aids and exacerbates our prOBlems.

While there are armed conflicts going on in scores of countries around the world, why focus upon supposed atrocities committed by Israel when their enemy drew first blood, purposefully put their own civilians in harms way and reject cease fires that Israel accepts, even while actual atrocities are being committed in vast numbers elsewhere and very purposefully; even to the point of intended genocide and elimination of those of other religions?

Considering the dismal performance of most of our own governments and their mismanagement of our nations, likely to their not too distant ruin, we should get our own houses in order rather than tossing stones at the houses of others.

Archived