• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

850 billion dollar bailout

• Members
How is the maverick' date=' pork hating Mcain going for this new bill. I know the big goverment fellows Obama and Bush love it, but Mcain is supposed to be against this type stuff. Looks like he lined up with them.[/quote']

Did you read the first bill put up before the House on Sunday when they posted it online?

Did you read this bill that is now up for consideration by the Senate?

I suspect you did not read either and that you did not compare the differences. If you had, I do not believe you would be asking this question, as there substantial differences.

• Members

They are all for it because they know that being against it will lose the election.

I am against the bailout, its ridiculous and I honestly do not think it would usher in another Great Depression. People just need to lower their standard of living a tad. I look around my area and see soooo many houses that cost soooo much money and I can't imagine how many people are actually able to afford these things? The economy isn't THAT bad, its that our standard of living is too high.

• Members
They are all for it because they know that being against it will lose the election.

I am against the bailout, its ridiculous and I honestly do not think it would usher in another Great Depression. People just need to lower their standard of living a tad. I look around my area and see soooo many houses that cost soooo much money and I can't imagine how many people are actually able to afford these things? The economy isn't THAT bad, its that our standard of living is too high.

I have to agree with much of what you've pointed out. My father-in-law lives with my wife and I in a very modest 1,200 sq. ft. ranch. We raised three kids in it and we've had each of the kids come back for temporary stays with their spouses and our grandkids as they made the transition from the military to civilian life, etc. The relevance? We've watched people all around us building 4,000 and 5,000 sq. ft. homes costing well over $500,000 for just the two of them (no children living at home) and for what reason? To impress the "Jones?" While I don't condemn people in a blanket way as I don't know each person's circumstances and heart, it sure seems like excess to me....and I personally just don't "get it."

With that said, I don't lose sleep over it nor waste time considering it much.