• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Do You Think The "kingdom Of God" Is?

• Members

DaveW

Certainly there are places where the two kingdoms may overlap to some degree or another, just as it is difficult to separate what happens to our bodies on a physical level is not always simple to separate what happens to our bodies on a spiritual level.  Indeed, sometimes BOTH are affected by the same action at the same time, but not always.  So it is with the KOG and the KOH.  There are places where they overlap, but this does not deny the distinctions and differences between them, as I demonstrated in my article which I posted earlier as an attachment.

In Christ,

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:ot: Just another off-topic side note here on the so-called "Genevan Preacher". 

GP recently edited his Amazon profile after I called him out> here for being a hypocrite and liar, which now reads in relevant part:

"Thanks. (Editing as per attack by the 'demi-god' Mr. Ach, who OBviously knows everyone's conscience and purpose in reading other 'books' that call themselves a 'bible'.)" (here)

First of all, what a gutless and cowardly thing to do to publicly refer to me as a "demi-god".

Secondly, my "attack" on you was for coming to a KJVO forum and acting like you were in favor of the Geneva and at least even if you did not claim to  be KJVO you gave the impression that you supported the line of which the KJV and Gevena came from (the TR) and then I discovered that not even THAT was true. Thus my ability to read your conscience was directly related to your lack of ability to tell the truth on this forum.

Thirdly, is your name Dale Pittman or Russ? Make up your mind. You changed your Amazon profile to read Dale Pittman,  but on a recent comment you posted on my Do Right Christians website criticizing a KJV article you posted your name as Russ. 

I'll gladly respond to your previous posts when I can figure out just which personality I will be addressing or which OB account :smilie_loco:4 

And lastly, I am a little curious why a person who calls themselves a Baptist minister is giving reviews of godless secular movies on Amazon (your May 19, 2013 Review of "Dark Minions")

So yeah, you can cut the act anytime now; pretty OBvious why you're here  :stirthepot: 

• Members

I will comment this once Dr. Ach, with as much patience toward you as I can muster.

I am a Baptist Minister. You DO NOT know me. I DO NOT know you. Why I chose to use my middle name on my own Amazon account is NONE of your business.

I commented about you being a 'demi-god' because that is what you act like. Is not this a public forum, so is my Amazon account, as per you using it to hurt my little reputation. Gutless and cowardly? SO WHAT!

The statement was true.

Therefore being accused of being a liar by you on OB, why would you care what I said about you?

As for your site? Why don't you state what I posted? Maybe it might make a good forum discussion. And WHY are you quoting an organization like them anyway?

Now, as for which account here you can talk to? Have them check my IP address, if that is what you call it. I have only 'genevanpreacher' as my account.

And yes, my name IS Russ Pittman, have been all my life, and I do use my middle name for reasons that have NOTHING to do with you or what I believe.

Why are you here? 

The movie I reviewed, I did not watch but 5 minutes or so and STOPPED! Give me a break, Dr. Ach, have you never started watching something and then stopped when it got bad?

Why don't you quote my review of the show? Here, I will : Can you all make a movie without the "F" word? Not all 'adults' use such poor language and make themselves sound so ignorant. This series needs help. This goes for the other adult shows Amazon is introducing on here. A good entertaining show should not be so 'base' to be enjoyable. Help us real adults to have something of quality to watch.

Now back to topic, I believe the KOG and the KOH are both great subjects for study, and I enjoy studying the word of God.

Thank you for this chance.

• Members

I will comment this once Dr. Ach, with as much patience toward you as I can muster.

I am a Baptist Minister. You DO NOT know me. I DO NOT know you. Why I chose to use my middle name on my own Amazon account is NONE of your business.

I commented about you being a 'demi-god' because that is what you act like. Is not this a public forum, so is my Amazon account, as per you using it to hurt my little reputation. Gutless and cowardly? SO WHAT!

The statement was true.

Therefore being accused of being a liar by you on OB, why would you care what I said about you?

As for your site? Why don't you state what I posted? Maybe it might make a good forum discussion. And WHY are you quoting an organization like them anyway?

Now, as for which account here you can talk to? Have them check my IP address, if that is what you call it. I have only 'genevanpreacher' as my account.

And yes, my name IS Russ Pittman, have been all my life, and I do use my middle name for reasons that have NOTHING to do with you or what I believe.

Why are you here? 

The movie I reviewed, I did not watch but 5 minutes or so and STOPPED! Give me a break, Dr. Ach, have you never started watching something and then stopped when it got bad?

Why don't you quote my review of the show? Here, I will : Can you all make a movie without the "F" word? Not all 'adults' use such poor language and make themselves sound so ignorant. This series needs help. This goes for the other adult shows Amazon is introducing on here. A good entertaining show should not be so 'base' to be enjoyable. Help us real adults to have something of quality to watch.

Now back to topic, I believe the KOG and the KOH are both great subjects for study, and I enjoy studying the word of God.

Thank you for this chance.

I'll respond to the rest of your drivel later, but just wanted to point out one simple little inconsistency that shows what a deceitful liar and con artist you are:

"Russ" said,

1. I didn't need to quote your review because I gave a link to it where anyone could go there and read it for themselves.

2. Your attempted cover up as if you only watched the movie for 5 minutes and shut it off is misleading considering what you said above about the OTHER (adult) SHOWS on Amazon. Furthermore, you said 'this SERIES needs help'. If it's a SERIES, that means there's more than one version of the one you reviewed. 

And what kind of Baptist minister goes to AMAZON for "quality movies"?? Please :realitycheck: . Give it up charlatan. Or rather, just keep responding because you chew a different part of your foot every time you write something.

• Members

Every time you hear the word "heretic" thrown around constantly toward other Christians then you know from which "spirit" it comes.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:14-16

These folks who use and throw around the key word "heretic"

have absolutely no knowledge of  Walking in the Spirit,

they are filled with "Spiritual Pride"

They feed on rumor and innuendo from the likes of the "Hog-yard".

• Members

I see you are on. 

You are OBviously using this thread/forum subject to promote your own 'truths'.

Go ahead. Fulfill scripture, and let the blind be followers of the blind.

You do not hurt me.

By the way, "Dark Minions", being part of a new 'Amazon made TV series', made it a 'series'. The 'other adult shows' referenced were of other Amazon made shows, my wife and I watched in 'previews'?

You need to have your heart checked out by the Bible.

Still love the study of the KOH/KOG subject, been enlightening.

• Members

Hi Geneva preacher,I will refer to the false "doctrines of grace" AKA "tulip" theology, as "Calvinism", if I so choose of my own free will, so long as the mods choose to allow me of their own free will but since I know of no title in scripture which refers to this particular doctrine, I have to use one devised by men.The following is a good scripture Romans 5:18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.  Here are a whole bunch more.  http://heresies.landmItarkbiblebaptist.net/calvinism.html

it's really important to label contributors - then you know what they believe without bothering to read what they write.

• Members

it's really important to label contributors - then you know what they believe without bothering to read what they write.

I "labeled" no individual here; I did label a doctrine.

"Genevanpreacher" responded to my post #82, in a way that shows me that he doesn't appreciate my speaking out against Calvinism. And you just showed, once again, where you stand on the issue.

• Members

I "labeled" no individual here; I did label a doctrine.

"Genevanpreacher" responded to my post #82, in a way that shows me that he doesn't appreciate my speaking out against Calvinism. And you just showed, once again, where you stand on the issue.

I apologize. I did not mean to not use them as 'attacks' against untruths, but as being in support of a 'doctrine' that is not mentioned by name in the scriptures.

Example: "I believe in Calvinism". (not a quote from me!)

Why don't we use verses to say what we believe, instead of the term 'Calvinism'.

By the way, I do not follow any term like 'Calvinism, Praterism(?), or other', basically because I have never ever ever studied them.

I have way too much to do in studying to learn anything 'extra'. So what I believe, I can explain without using these terms.

If what I believe is 'in' any of those 'doctrines', it is. If what I believe is not in those 'doctrines', it ain't.

I am sure there are things that differ between most Christians of the Baptist realm, that they will find in almost any 'teaching' from the scriptures.

The fun thing here, is the learning process between us all.

I would like to hear others' view of what they believe, without the attacks.

And I think we were successful here, up to a point.

• Members

I don't understand why some people get irritated/offened/aggravated when they are "labeled" under some doctrinal heading. 

I use labels in my filing cabinet, my work bench, my notebooks, my storage containers, and in many other useful places to easily identify things.  It saves a lot of time - with a good label, I don't have to open each box and sort through it to find ONE THING.  Theological "labels" do the same thing....so why the fuss over being "labeled?"

There are distinct systems of theology within the broad umbrella of Christianity.  Generally, a label is "invented" by someone or by some group to help others easily identify either their own theology, or someone else's theology, or their own "group's" theology or some other "group's" theology. 

Now nOBody here has a prOBlem identifying the RCC false doctrine, or the JW's false doctrine. 

Anyone who doesn't know what "Calvinism" is must have been hiding in a closet or under a rock for the last 500 years.  The term has been used THAT LONG, so let's not pretend that nOBody knows what it means. 

So then, why do we use those "labels"?  So that we can easily identify who and what we are dealing with.  Certainly there are as many shades of "Calvinism" as there are shades of "Dispensationalism." 

I don't have one prOBlem being labeled a "fundamentalist" or a "Baptist" or a "KJVO" or a "dispensationalist" or anything else that is an appropriate "label" that helps OTHERS easily identify what I believe. 

Thus, I do not know why others "yelp" when their "label" is called. 

"If the shoe fits, then put it on and wear it."

My opinion is that the ones who don't like the "labels" don't like them because they really do not want people to know what they believe.  This way, they can easily hoodwink the more simple-minded folks who would generally use those "labels" as easy identifiers to steer clear of.  

If someone asks me if I am a dispensationalist - I will glady and loudly answer "YES."  I am not ashamed of what I believe.

So let's stop all of that childishness, and get over the fact that some people have a pretty good idea of where we stand, and they will classify us with these "labels." 

IN Christ,

• Members

If someone asks me if I am a dispensationalist - I will glady and loudly answer "YES."  I am not ashamed of what I believe.

To further classify or label you, would you say you believe in Ruckman's form of dispensationalism?

• Members

Wow! :clapping: What an attitude.

I don't know what to say. I guess I need to come out from under my Rock?

I have a question for you Steve. What about when a person is being mislabeled? As you evidently have done to me? 

When I open my mouth, some people here seem to think I am lying.

Can there not be someone here that doesn't know some things like you all do? 

(Yes, I could look up some things on the internet, like most folk, but I like to 'hear' from real people instead.)

I have been here a short while, and have experienced some of the most blatantly 'unchristian' attitudes against people who want to learn and share.

But I have also been encouraged to 'act' more civil towards others who I do not agree with, and start learning more.

Know this, I hold no OBjection to labels. I understand now what you are saying. And I agree, when it comes to identifying. But, and I am sure you expected this, I said this about labeling for the reason of getting back to the subject, and stop the 'bashing'. :boxing:  We get no where with that kind of communication.

• Members

swathdiver....you are missing the point...my post was a response to the last two people who were whining about being "labeled." 

(I think you know that....now you just want to play "gotcha.")

FWIW

It was one of Dr. Ruckman's graduates who got me busy serving the Lord.

I went to Dr. Ruckman's school, graduated in 1996.

I do not agree with everything that Dr. Ruckman teaches, but I can honestly say that about anyone, so that's nothing unusual.

I am thankful for his ministry and how it has helped me personally.

I have been blessed with a good Christian background.  I was raised in IFB churches in the Northern Midwest (MN) where the main differences from that to what I am now was the KJV issue.  The result is that I have good friends in the ministry, and around the country that a good cross section of KJV IFB's - from a very "mild" dispensationalism, to non-dispensationalism, to hyper-dispensationalism.  

By "non-dispensationalists" I mean that these are people who hold that there are NO dispensations such as Scofield or Larkin lay out, even though they hold to many of the "dispensationalists" core beliefs, such as a distinction between the OT and NT, a distinction between Israel and the Church, a literal second coming of Christ to the earth, the Tribulation period, and a pre-trib rapture. 

I would call that "mild" - they insist they are not dispensational at all. 

Whatever - I am not going to quibble with them over their own chosen "label" or non-"label."  I have labeled them for my own reasons.

So, go ahead, start throwing rocks at me for being a "ruckmanite!" 

In Christ,

Archived