• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Your Pastor Human?

The Glory Land

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No sir, he is too rich for me...  :coffee2:

So let's see where we've got to, TGL:

You put a question to everyone on the forum, asking basically whether their pastors are aloof or whether their pastors are down-to-earth.

I ask you, well what about your pastor? Do you think he acts aloof? I think that's a perfectly reasonable and natural question to ask.

You respond to me with: "Osteen,... No."

Now, when you first said that I didn't have a clue what 'Osteen' meant, but I've now found out that Joel Osteen is a pastor. So at this point, it looks like you are answering me by saying that Joel Osteen is your pastor and he doesn't act aloof.

Then Li Bai Jia asks you to confirm that Joel Osteen is your pastor and you say, "No sir, he is too rich for me..."

So first you appear to affirm that Joel Osteen is your pastor, and then you appear to deny it. Now it looks like you are lying, either to me or to Li Bai Jia.

I don't know whether you're actually lying to either of us, TGL. Perhaps you're just messing with us and not attempting to answer either question. Or perhaps something's got lost in translation...I dunno. All I'll say is that I'd expect a person on this forum, especially a Christian, who responds to another in good faith to give them a straight answer when asked. 

• Members

So let's see where we've got to, TGL:

You put a question to everyone on the forum, asking basically whether their pastors are aloof or whether their pastors are down-to-earth.

I ask you, well what about your pastor? Do you think he acts aloof? I think that's a perfectly reasonable and natural question to ask.

You respond to me with: "Osteen,... No."

Now, when you first said that I didn't have a clue what 'Osteen' meant, but I've now found out that Joel Osteen is a pastor. So at this point, it looks like you are answering me by saying that Joel Osteen is your pastor and he doesn't act aloof.

Then Li Bai Jia asks you to confirm that Joel Osteen is your pastor and you say, "No sir, he is too rich for me..."

So first you appear to affirm that Joel Osteen is your pastor, and then you appear to deny it. Now it looks like you are lying, either to me or to Li Bai Jia.

I don't know whether you're actually lying to either of us, TGL. Perhaps you're just messing with us and not attempting to answer either question. Or perhaps something's got lost in translation...I dunno. All I'll say is that I'd expect a person on this forum, especially a Christian, who responds to another in good faith to give them a straight answer when asked. 

Maybe it's not the pastor who is smoking pot...

• Members

Is your pastor human?  Not according to to a textbook in Saudi schools. On a TV report they said the Saudis had upset the US by promising to remove items from school textbooks that said Christians are swine and Jews are apes, but reprinting them with these quotes still in them.. The TV news was on Russia Today.

• Members

While in university we had a black Muslim which taught the Black History class. In his class he taught that Egypt was a great black civilization (never mind the Greeks how ruled there for centuries, somehow they were actually black too) which was more advanced that today. According to this teaching, a black Egyptian scientist created white people to serve as slaves but that scientist went mad and did something which somehow allowed the created white slaves to overcome and topple the advanced black Egyptian civilization and plunge the whole world into conflict and it's taken all these centuries later for mankind to rise this point of civilization, which is said to be far below where the original black Egyptians were.

The professor pointed out Black Muslim teaching says that once God has decided blacks have suffered enough for creating the white devils who ruined the earth, God will once again restore black rule to the planet, whites will either be totally eliminated or only a small number will be allowed to live to serve as a warning of evil and those few whites will be slaves.

By this wild theory, Christian pastors wouldn't be human, but rather black man-created devils.

• Members

While in university we had a black Muslim which taught the Black History class. In his class he taught that Egypt was a great black civilization (never mind the Greeks how ruled there for centuries, somehow they were actually black too) which was more advanced that today. According to this teaching, a black Egyptian scientist created white people to serve as slaves but that scientist went mad and did something which somehow allowed the created white slaves to overcome and topple the advanced black Egyptian civilization and plunge the whole world into conflict and it's taken all these centuries later for mankind to rise this point of civilization, which is said to be far below where the original black Egyptians were.

The professor pointed out Black Muslim teaching says that once God has decided blacks have suffered enough for creating the white devils who ruined the earth, God will once again restore black rule to the planet, whites will either be totally eliminated or only a small number will be allowed to live to serve as a warning of evil and those few whites will be slaves.

By this wild theory, Christian pastors wouldn't be human, but rather black man-created devils.

You mean, "White Christian Bishops".

Anishinaabe

• Members

By this wild theory, Christian pastors wouldn't be human, but rather black man-created devils.

WOW! What had he been smoking?

• Members

This black Muslim professor considered Malcolm X and Farrakhan both to be too wimpy (he also despised MLK). He openly taught that "Allah" was going to give America to the black man so blacks could get revenge upon the white devils by killing, raping and enslaving those they let live. He also didn't like Asians or Mexicans and said blacks would deal with them after they finished with whitey.

• Moderators

Back to the OP...

My pastor, normal? Hmm... Well,, he often comes to church smelling like goats, with questionable substances on the bottoms of his shoes. He hangs around in animal pens, has 6 dogs and 4 cats that rarely let him sleep, so he sometimes has red, puffy eyes. He doesn't believe in doctors, except in extreme circumstances, takes WAAAYY too many vitamins, (Sometimes I wonder if they;'re really 'vitamins', if you catch my drift); he drives an old, beat-up Ford pick-up truck with poil stains on the hood and dust on the windows. At times, the guy actually makes the church and listen while he reads ENTIRE CHAPTERS of the Bible as part of his services.    And his wife? Way too good for that guy.

So, normal? yeah, pretty much. The only cloud he's ever in is the dust cloud he makes on the dirt road on the way home to his farm.

• Members

John,

The worst college professor I had wasn't that hateful. But at the end of a long lecture in Sociology class on why he was an "agnostic", he said that
"God" spelled backwards was "dog", and wrote it on the blackboard. I got saved about 5 years later and went back to witness to him but he wasn't there. That is about 1981 and he was about retirement age then. i sure hope he got right with the Lord before he went out into eternity.

Archived