Online Baptist Community

America In The Bible

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

A phony friend or ally isn't a real friend or ally. Which is one of the points God has tried to get across to Israel, and by extension all of us, that only God is faithful, true and reliable.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well , after reading most all of the above ; I certainly feel like the most Uninformed member here . But I do believe America IS mentioned in the Bible in Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 

I also believe that it is America that is being spoken of in Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.              The words "into her place" to me would be Jerusalem , Israel . per 2 Samuel 7:10 & 1 Chronicles 17:9   Oh and one more please Isaiah 60:14 .

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, fredconk said:

Well , after reading most all of the above ; I certainly feel like the most Uninformed member here . But I do believe America IS mentioned in the Bible in Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 

I also believe that it is America that is being spoken of in Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.              The words "into her place" to me would be Jerusalem , Israel . per 2 Samuel 7:10 & 1 Chronicles 17:9   Oh and one more please Isaiah 60:14 .

Why would you think that the first two references refer to America?

• Advanced Member
On 4/11/2014 at 10:27 AM, Eric Stahl said:

John,

Israel’s Allies

The antichrist will be an ally of Israel till he and the 10 kings devour the whole earth. Then Antichrist will go into the temple and say he is god. Israel will reject him. At the middle of Israel’s last week of years, the antichrist will call the armies to Israel to take Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When God puts a hook in the Jaw of Russia and draws her and her allies to Israel, He will also raise a great nation or tribe from the other side of the earth to help Israel.

Jeremiah 6:22-26

22 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country(((MaGog))), and a great nation (((Tarshish)))shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.

24 We have heard the fame thereof: our hands wax feeble: anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail.

25 Go not forth into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear is on every side.

26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.

Ezekiel 38:13-16

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

The antichrist will take Jerusalem at the middle of the last week of years determined upon Israel, but he will be her ally till then.

Revelation 11:1-2

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

So how long is the reign of Antichrist?

2 hours ago, Invicta said:

So how long is the reign of Antichrist?

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 tells us that God will cause every one that heard the truth of the gospel but said no to Jesus to believe the lie of antichrist. This happens after the rapture when the Holy Spirit and the believers are taken away. America will follow the antichrist because they have rejected Jesus.

Daniel 11:39 tells us that the antichrist will divide Israel and will do his will in the most strongholds. America is the strongest nation now that Israel is back in the land.

Antichrist will not rule the whole world till God causes the ten Kings to destroy Mystery Babylon and give their power to the antichrist at the middle of the tribulation see Revelation 17:12-18.

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 tells us that God will cause every one that heard the truth of the gospel but said no to Jesus to believe the lie of antichrist. This happens after the rapture when the Holy Spirit and the believers are taken away. America will follow the antichrist because they have rejected Jesus.

Daniel 11:39 tells us that the antichrist will divide Israel and will do his will in the most strongholds. America is the strongest nation now that Israel is back in the land.

Antichrist will not rule the whole world till God causes the ten Kings to destroy Mystery Babylon and give their power to the antichrist at the middle of the tribulation see Revelation 17:12-18.

I don't think that answers my question.

3 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

This is absolute non-sense. 

Eric's verses are a classic example of eisegesis as oposed to exegesis

Thank you for teaching me a new word.

Would you explain your understanding of the passages I quoted.

3 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

This is absolute non-sense. 

Eric's verses are a classic example of eisegesis as oposed to exegesis

Please do explain

• Advanced Member

Of course that is all in the past.  The Roman empire was conquered by 10 kings

And we in Europe are living under the successors of those kings now.

16 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Of course that is all in the past.  The Roman empire was conquered by 10 kings

And we in Europe are living under the successors of those kings now.

Howdy Invicta,

7 barbaric tribes does not make 10 kings and it was a mercenary working for Rome who actually conquered Rome itself. Curious which kings you are referring to? Honest question....

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, wretched said:

Howdy Invicta,

7 barbaric tribes does not make 10 kings and it was a mercenary working for Rome who actually conquered Rome itself. Curious which kings you are referring to? Honest question....

It was 10 tribes who conquered the empire not seven/

Just now, Invicta said:

Well, history according to men is always skewed by men's agendas. From what I have read it was 7 and that is confirmed by several other sources. But I have little doubt that other books or websites would say 10, 11 or whatever.

IOWs: it is a junk-shoot which to believe. thanks

43 minutes ago, Invicta said:

What 10 tribes?

I've read many Dispensationalists claim Rome was never conquered and therefore technically still exists and will one day be revived.

• Advanced Member

The historian Machiavel without any reference to this prophecy gives the ten kingdoms as:

Lombards, Franks, Burgungians, Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Vandals, Heruli, Sueves, Huns, Saxons. The horn which subdued the three kings is the papacy and the three kings he subdued were the Lombards, Visigoths and Sueves (Suabi)

Dan 7:24  And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Invicta ; are you asking about Daniel 7:4 and Revelation 12:14 ? Please forgive me for not getting back sooner but there has been a lot of things happening around my home lately. I haven't even made a doctor's appointment for myself , my right shoulder is aching terribly. It's limiting my ability to do many things.

Archived