• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America In The Bible

• Members

My opinion about the end times, for what it's worth (prOBably exactly 2 cents).  The U.S. as a world power will not be a player in the big events in the prophecies of the end times.  The U.S. Which has gotten overly proud and arrogant, has taken on more than it can chew and will attempt to take on more.  It will disappear as a world power thus enabling the rest of the world to do what they will as far as Israel and the Middle East is concerned.  I don't really spend a lot of time trying to figure out the exact movers and shakers in the end time . . . . got enough on my plate now.   I'll let the Lord handle the rest.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

John and Linda,

Tarshish is a tribe not a place.

Isaiah 23

1 The burden of Tyre. Howl, ye ships of Tarshish; for it is laid waste, so that there is no house, no entering in: from the land of Chittim it is revealed to them.

2 Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished.

3 And by great waters the seed of Sihor, the harvest of the river, is her revenue; and she is a mart of nations.

4 Be thou ashamed, O Zidon: for the sea hath spoken, even the strength of the sea, saying, I travail not, nor bring forth children, neither do I nourish up young men, nor bring up virgins.

5 As at the report concerning Egypt, so shall they be sorely pained at the report of Tyre.

6 Pass ye over to Tarshish; howl, ye inhabitants of the isle.

7 Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days? her own feet shall carry her afar off to sojourn. (((coming back)))

8 Who hath taken this counsel against Tyre, the crowning city, whose merchants are princes, whose traffickers are the honourable of the earth?

9 The LORD of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth.

10 Pass through thy land as a river, O daughter of Tarshish: there is no more strength.

When Tyre was defeated her people went to her mother.

History tells us that they went to Carthage. Carthage had colonies in Tyre, the Island of Roads, Spain and England. When Carthage was conquered by Rome all her colonies were assimilated.

America is a colony of the Western Roman Empire and Tarshish. America is one of the young lions of Tarshish.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Yes, Scripture is clear that Israel stands alone, not one nation is, ever has been or ever will be a true friend of Israel. God desires that Israel look to Him alone.

If this century plays out, with the Lord not returning before the end of this century, there is a very good chance America will no longer exist before the end of the century. Everything is in place for the collapse of America during this century. Ironic that America seems to be following very much in the footsteps of Rome. America has overextended her military, put far too much treasure into things around the world rather than tending to matters at home, has allowed herself to be overrun by immigrants that hold to very different values and religious leanings and hold more to their home countries rather than desiring to become Americans, and the PC crowd has worked hard to demonize traditional America, white Americans and biblical Christianity, all while pitting minority groups against everyone else as they are told over and over again how they deserve to have it all, even at the expense of others. All of this plus a crippling debt which we have nearly hit the point where we will only be able to pay on the interest, not the principle at all.

The idea that America is some extension of the Roman Empire is pure speculation and very weak at that. By the "logic" used to come up with who is or isn't some part of the Roman Empire, most nations on earth could be fit into that box. Not to mention that Rome didn't inherit anything in England as a result of the defeat of Carthage and Tarshish in Spain is considered a Phoenecian, not Carthaginian city.

• Members

Yes, Scripture is clear that Israel stands alone, not one nation is, ever has been or ever will be a true friend of Israel. God desires that Israel look to Him alone.

If this century plays out, with the Lord not returning before the end of this century, there is a very good chance America will no longer exist before the end of the century. Everything is in place for the collapse of America during this century. Ironic that America seems to be following very much in the footsteps of Rome. America has overextended her military, put far too much treasure into things around the world rather than tending to matters at home, has allowed herself to be overrun by immigrants that hold to very different values and religious leanings and hold more to their home countries rather than desiring to become Americans, and the PC crowd has worked hard to demonize traditional America, white Americans and biblical Christianity, all while pitting minority groups against everyone else as they are told over and over again how they deserve to have it all, even at the expense of others. All of this plus a crippling debt which we have nearly hit the point where we will only be able to pay on the interest, not the principle at all.

The idea that America is some extension of the Roman Empire is pure speculation and very weak at that. By the "logic" used to come up with who is or isn't some part of the Roman Empire, most nations on earth could be fit into that box. Not to mention that Rome didn't inherit anything in England as a result of the defeat of Carthage and Tarshish in Spain is considered a Phoenecian, not Carthaginian city.

John,

Israel’s Allies

The antichrist will be an ally of Israel till he and the 10 kings devour the whole earth. Then Antichrist will go into the temple and say he is god. Israel will reject him. At the middle of Israel’s last week of years, the antichrist will call the armies to Israel to take Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When God puts a hook in the Jaw of Russia and draws her and her allies to Israel, He will also raise a great nation or tribe from the other side of the earth to help Israel.

Jeremiah 6:22-26

22 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country(((MaGog))), and a great nation (((Tarshish)))shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.

24 We have heard the fame thereof: our hands wax feeble: anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail.

25 Go not forth into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear is on every side.

26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.

Ezekiel 38:13-16

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

The antichrist will take Jerusalem at the middle of the last week of years determined upon Israel, but he will be her ally till then.

Revelation 11:1-2

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Well , after reading most all of the above ; I certainly feel like the most Uninformed member here . But I do believe America IS mentioned in the Bible in Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 

I also believe that it is America that is being spoken of in Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.              The words "into her place" to me would be Jerusalem , Israel . per 2 Samuel 7:10 & 1 Chronicles 17:9   Oh and one more please Isaiah 60:14 .

Edited by fredconk

• Members
12 hours ago, fredconk said:

Well , after reading most all of the above ; I certainly feel like the most Uninformed member here . But I do believe America IS mentioned in the Bible in Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 

I also believe that it is America that is being spoken of in Revelation 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.              The words "into her place" to me would be Jerusalem , Israel . per 2 Samuel 7:10 & 1 Chronicles 17:9   Oh and one more please Isaiah 60:14 .

Why would you think that the first two references refer to America?

• Members
On 4/11/2014 at 10:27 AM, Eric Stahl said:

John,

Israel’s Allies

The antichrist will be an ally of Israel till he and the 10 kings devour the whole earth. Then Antichrist will go into the temple and say he is god. Israel will reject him. At the middle of Israel’s last week of years, the antichrist will call the armies to Israel to take Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When God puts a hook in the Jaw of Russia and draws her and her allies to Israel, He will also raise a great nation or tribe from the other side of the earth to help Israel.

Jeremiah 6:22-26

22 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country(((MaGog))), and a great nation (((Tarshish)))shall be raised from the sides of the earth.

23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.

24 We have heard the fame thereof: our hands wax feeble: anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail.

25 Go not forth into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear is on every side.

26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.

Ezekiel 38:13-16

13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

The antichrist will take Jerusalem at the middle of the last week of years determined upon Israel, but he will be her ally till then.

Revelation 11:1-2

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

So how long is the reign of Antichrist?

• Members
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

So how long is the reign of Antichrist?

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 tells us that God will cause every one that heard the truth of the gospel but said no to Jesus to believe the lie of antichrist. This happens after the rapture when the Holy Spirit and the believers are taken away. America will follow the antichrist because they have rejected Jesus.

Daniel 11:39 tells us that the antichrist will divide Israel and will do his will in the most strongholds. America is the strongest nation now that Israel is back in the land.

Antichrist will not rule the whole world till God causes the ten Kings to destroy Mystery Babylon and give their power to the antichrist at the middle of the tribulation see Revelation 17:12-18.

• Members
22 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 tells us that God will cause every one that heard the truth of the gospel but said no to Jesus to believe the lie of antichrist. This happens after the rapture when the Holy Spirit and the believers are taken away. America will follow the antichrist because they have rejected Jesus.

Daniel 11:39 tells us that the antichrist will divide Israel and will do his will in the most strongholds. America is the strongest nation now that Israel is back in the land.

Antichrist will not rule the whole world till God causes the ten Kings to destroy Mystery Babylon and give their power to the antichrist at the middle of the tribulation see Revelation 17:12-18.

I don't think that answers my question.

• Members
3 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

This is absolute non-sense. 

Eric's verses are a classic example of eisegesis as oposed to exegesis

Thank you for teaching me a new word.

Would you explain your understanding of the passages I quoted.