• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Heavens Shall Roll Up As A Scroll

• Members

When we come with Jesus and our two-edged swords we will save Israel.

Habakkuk 3:11-14

11The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

14Thou didst strike through with his staves the head of his villages: they came out as a whirlwind to scatter me: their rejoicing was as to devour the poor secretly.

If you read Habakkuk from the beginning, you will see that he was concerned with the sinful state of the nation, was told that God was raising up the Chaldeans (Babylonians) to judge the nation. He argues with God, is told that in a troubled situation, the just will live by his faith. Hab. 3 is a prayer for revival, that God will in wrath remember mercy & he remembers God's dealings with the nation in the past (including the sun standing still for Joshua) give him his grounds for trust, even in a time of judgement. His hope remains in his God & his salvation.

Habakkuk was fulfilled with the Babylonian invasion, the captivity & restoration. Just as Jer. 25 was.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It think when we return with the Lord we will be killing people. This may sound distasteful to some of the brethren but the scripture also says we will be judging the world which means damnation to hell (I Cor. 6:2,3). How many folks would you and I damn to hell now? None! Not even our worst enemies. But some day we will be damning "good" people to hell which may even include loved ones. This sounds a lot more harsh than physically killing someone.

Joel 2:1-11

[1] Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
[2] A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
[3] A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
[4] The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
[5] Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
[6] Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
[7] They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
[8] Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
[9] They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
[10] The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
[11] And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

That isn't any ordinary army in that passage of scripture. It's an army of super soldiers who can't be stopped on the day of the Lord.

• Members

Interesting, how did you come to these conclusions?

Notice the sun and moon stand still in such a way that they go from view over Israel. Revelation 16:10 and there will be darkness on he seat of the beast before Armageddon. The seat of the beast is in Israel Daniel 11:45.

Habakkuk 3:10-13 is at the end of time.

• Members

If you read Habakkuk from the beginning, you will see that he was concerned with the sinful state of the nation, was told that God was raising up the Chaldeans (Babylonians) to judge the nation. He argues with God, is told that in a troubled situation, the just will live by his faith. Hab. 3 is a prayer for revival, that God will in wrath remember mercy & he remembers God's dealings with the nation in the past (including the sun standing still for Joshua) give him his grounds for trust, even in a time of judgement. His hope remains in his God & his salvation.

Habakkuk was fulfilled with the Babylonian invasion, the captivity & restoration. Just as Jer. 25 was.

Habakkuk 1:5-7

(((Israel would already be under the nations when Jesus worked his work.)))

5 Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

(((These Chaldeans are the last days Babylonians from the antichrist's kingdom in Revelation16:19)))

6For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not their's.

7They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

• Members

It think when we return with the Lord we will be killing people. This may sound distasteful to some of the brethren but the scripture also says we will be judging the world which means damnation to hell (I Cor. 6:2,3). How many folks would you and I damn to hell now? None! Not even our worst enemies. But some day we will be damning "good" people to hell which may even include loved ones. This sounds a lot more harsh than physically killing someone.

Joel 2:1-11

[1] Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
[2] A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
[3] A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
[4] The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
[5] Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
[6] Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
[7] They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
[8] Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
[9] They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
[10] The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
[11] And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

That isn't any ordinary army in that passage of scripture. It's an army of super soldiers who can't be stopped on the day of the Lord.

If you read Joel properly - from the beginning, in context, you will see that Judah & Israel were suffering from a plague of locusts. "Super soldiers" that can't be stopped by force. Note God promised - And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

And the great day of the LORD was at Calvary & its Gospel aftermath - so Peter declares at Pentecost:  20 the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. So they were baptised in the name of Jesus, & are saved.

All your speculation is worthless - Just read the Bible to see the fulfilment of prophecy by Jesus:

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

• Members

Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

It still looks to me that Jesus Christ will be the one who does all the killing.

AV,

Ephesians 6:17

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I believe when Jesus speaks his command to kill the army of antichrist, his words are the sword.

• Members

AV,

Ephesians 6:17

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I believe when Jesus speaks his command to kill the army of antichrist, his words are the sword.

Ephesians 6:17 is speaking specifically about the word of God, the Bible, Not a command to kill.

Rev 19:21 is an instantaneous death to those who come against Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation.  this could be inferred to be a command but it is not to you or me to kill.  It is a command of Instantaneous death.  That is what I like about God he can make a nice clean kill of millions in a blink of an eye without any help from me or you.

• Members

Many OT scriptures have a two fold fulfillment concerning Israel and the nations of the world.  Once in the past and once in the future.   Just like some of Christ coming have a two fold fulfillment once at his first coming and another at his second to establish the kingdom. 

Even Jesus rightly divided scriptures when he stopped reading about his first coming at a comma in Isiah 61 verse two, however the prophecy continues and the rest of the verse to verse 3 will not be fulfilled until the end of the Great Tribulation and the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom.

Let's allow the Holy Ghost teach us the things of God comparing spiritual things with spiritual things (comparing Luke with Isaiah)

Luke 4:17-20 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.   And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Isa 61:1-3 ¶ The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;  To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;  To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

the day of vengeance of our God is the great tribulation

To appoint unto them and thereafter is the end of the tribulation and the establishment of Millennial Kingdom.

These have still to take place.

there are over 600 scriptures to be fulfilled at the coming of the Great Tribulation and at his final coming.

• Members

At the beginning of his ministry Jesus announced his healing ministry according to Isaiah 61, stopping short of the day of vengeance. At the end, he announced the day of vengeance. See Luke 21. That would fall on the generation that rejected the Messiah. Note the way Peter quotes Deut. 18 in Acts 3.

• Members

I think this generation of Israel is just a guilty as any of rejecting him.

I wont go into it because every time I start down that road of the books from Hebrews through Rev 19 have understanding for them who will be in the tribulation not the church of God which will have been removed. 

I get bombarded with accusations and judgements that would make a school girl blush.

• Members

I think this generation of Israel is just a guilty as any of rejecting him.

I wont go into it because every time I start down that road of the books from Hebrews through Rev 19 have understanding for them who will be in the tribulation not the church of God which will have been removed. 

I get bombarded with accusations and judgements that would make a school girl blush.

The generation that Jesus was speaking about was the generation that crucified him..  They filled up the measure off their fathers by crucifying their Messiah, Matt 23:32

Matt 23:36  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.  

It did.

• Members

The generation that Jesus was speaking about was the generation that crucified him..  They filled up the measure off their fathers by crucifying their Messiah, Matt 23:32

Matt 23:36  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.  

It did.

This is curse on Jesus generation.

Matthew 23:37-39

37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

• Members

This is curse on Jesus generation.

Matthew 23:37-39

37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Glad you agree with me.

The first part of Matt. 24 also refers to that generation.  Almost the same words are used.  34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Remember there were two questions.  The answers are separated by one word. But. verse 36.

• Members

Glad you agree with me.

The first part of Matt. 24 also refers to that generation.  Almost the same words are used.  34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Remember there were two questions.  The answers are separated by one word. But. verse 36.

Matthew 24:4-6

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Jesus told the apostles that the coming war (70AD) was not the end.

Archived