• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

The Glory Land

• Members

I need clarification. The title suggests that you drink wine on a regular basis. So please clarify. Are you a drinker of wine on a regular basis? Or are you an occasional drinker of wine? Or are you a former drinker of wine (meaning that you no longer drink wine)?

Let's say you have invited me to your daughter Wedding, and you placed the glass of wine to celebrate this special day with you. I would drink the wine with you, dance and bring my love offering to them.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you take a bowl out of the cabinet and it is dirty, can you use it for ice cream. Why yes you can! However if your standard is cleanliness, it doesn't matter that you can use it, you will not use it. God can use a dirty vessel...but he won't, not in the way that anyone with a heart for him wants to be used.

• Members

If you take a bowl out of the cabinet and it is dirty, can you use it for ice cream. Why yes you can! However if your standard is cleanliness, it doesn't matter that you can use it, you will not use it. God can use a dirty vessel...but he won't, not in the way that anyone with a heart for him wants to be used.

I remember when being a kid, my ice cream fell off the cone to the ground, I cried, my father said fear not, lets get you a new one. :)

• Members

I have had wine, now this is your chance to attack me. Or you can say that God could never use me, for doing this. I am out of popcorn. But I have told you the truth. :)

Let's say you have invited me to your daughter Wedding, and you placed the glass of wine to celebrate this special day with you. I would drink the wine with you, dance and bring my love offering to them.

Here is my analysis and reply:

#1 - Your original post is pompous and arrogant.

#2 - We don't drink nor do we dance nor do we tempt others to drink or dance.

#3 - Knowing that you do drink and you do dance, we would not invite you to our daughter's wedding.

#4 - It would be better if you pursued personal holiness in your life rather than being so obnoxious.

• Members

#3 - Knowing that you do drink and you do dance, we would not invite you to our daughter's wedding.

#4 - It would be better if you pursued personal holiness in your life rather than being so obnoxious.

5. i would not go to your daughters wedding because of you. But rejoice with them secretly.  

• Members

Numbers three and especially four sound rather number one.

• Members

I have had wine, now this is your chance to attack me. Or you can say that God could never use me, for doing this. I am out of popcorn. But I have told you the truth. :)

You're alright brother. Better than Welch's grape juice, healthier too. God can use you.

• Members

You're alright brother. Better than Welch's grape juice, healthier too. God can use you.

Ye do err, not knowing the truth.  The same benefits that are said to be healthy that are found in wine can also be found in the unfermented juice of the grape...

The alcohol has something that grape juice does not though... chemicals that are toxic to the bloodstream.  Chemicals that kill brain cells, destroy vital organs in the body, cause man to be violent toward his neighbor or family, etc..

I agree with paid4.  Tired of the alcoholics promoting their sinful lusts.

• Members

Can God Use A Man That Drinks Wine?

Yes, and he has in the past...

Daniel 5:1-4
1   Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand.
2   Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein.
3   Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.
4   They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

Belshazzar threw a party, and everyone (including Belshazzar) was drinking wine.  It just so happened that God used this instance of Belshazzar's wine drinking to bring an end to the Babylonian Empire.  While they were enjoying their wine, it provided the perfect opportunity for Darius to take the kingdom.

So yes, God can use a man that drinks wine...you just might not like the consequences.   

Archived