• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'jaw-Dropping' Breakthrough In Genetic Revolution - Modifing Human Dna

beameup

• Members

'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution

A breakthrough in genetics – described as “jaw-dropping” by one Nobel scientist – has created intense excitement among DNA experts around the world who believe the discovery will transform their ability to edit the genomes of all living organisms, including humans.  For the first time, scientists are able to engineer any part of the human genome with extreme precision using a revolutionary new technique called Crispr.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exclusive-jawdropping-breakthrough-hailed-as-landmark-in-fight-against-hereditary-diseases-as-crispr-technique-heralds-genetic-revolution-8925295.html

• Members

"Yes it's wonderful. Man can certainly do better at creating humans than God has." Larry said facetiously with tongue placed firmly in cheek while crossing fingers.

God bless,
Larry

Now, I might be wrong, and I think you are masking it really well, but do I detect a small amount of sarcasm in there?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

How about a goat-spider hybrid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16554357 "knee-slapping" funny, huh?

This is a deliberate and blatant misrepresentation.

What is the subject of that article is in no way shape or form a hybrid.

Your lack of understanding of genetics is shown out stronger with every attempt by you to "prove your position".

• Members

'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution

A breakthrough in genetics – described as “jaw-dropping” by one Nobel scientist – has created intense excitement among DNA experts around the world who believe the discovery will transform their ability to edit the genomes of all living organisms, including humans.  For the first time, scientists are able to engineer any part of the human genome with extreme precision using a revolutionary new technique called Crispr.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exclusive-jawdropping-breakthrough-hailed-as-landmark-in-fight-against-hereditary-diseases-as-crispr-technique-heralds-genetic-revolution-8925295.html

How can you edit the letters without changing the spelling?

I don't have much confidence in it. Sounds nice but most likely they'll just create new genetic based diseases.

• Members

This is a deliberate and blatant misrepresentation.

What is the subject of that article is in no way shape or form a hybrid.

Your lack of understanding of genetics is shown out stronger with every attempt by you to "prove your position".

Not really. The next step from this will be to create hybrids.

• Members

Not really. The next step from this will be to create hybrids.

The article doesn't use the words hybrids because this is not hybridisation.

They also don't use terms like "goat-spider" because that is entirely incorrect.

Could they make a new species by this method? Maybe..... but even then it would not be a hybrid.

His presentation of this article is deceitful, and it shows he does not understand genetics at all.

The article itself is fine and brings up questions about morality and not just if we can but if we should.

But it has nothing to do with hybrids or "goat-spiders".

• Members
And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.  And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.  And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Rev 9:7-10

• Members

The article doesn't use the words hybrids because this is not hybridisation.

They also don't use terms like "goat-spider" because that is entirely incorrect.

Could they make a new species by this method? Maybe..... but even then it would not be a hybrid.

His presentation of this article is deceitful, and it shows he does not understand genetics at all.

The article itself is fine and brings up questions about morality and not just if we can but if we should.

But it has nothing to do with hybrids or "goat-spiders".

I know it doesn't. I read the article. I'm just saying there's not much of a leap from them recoding DNA for medical reasons (which sounds good but I really doubt they can do it without bringing in new genetic diseases) and messing around crossing animal DNA with human. Usually the medical reasons are a pretext used to do what they really want to do and that's create hybrids. 

Therefore, I don't think his presentation of the article is being deceitful. You are being too harsh in your assessment. He just know's that once they open one door it's leads to a whole bunch of others.

Archived