• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Increasing Church Membership

Bro K

• Members

Want to increase your church's membership? See what Grace Baptist Church in Troy NY is doing.

Their website is: gbctroyny.com..... Click on "Give Back Program- Sunday March 23, 2014"

Scroll down about 3/4 ways and see the picture of what they have to offer.

Better hurry; seating is limited!!!!! 

• Members

My peace I give unto you...with an AR-15?

Brother, I don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but that's a sad usage of the words of Jesus.  They left off the next part of the verse...

not as the world giveth,

An AR-15 is what the world would give.

I'm pro-gun as much as the next guy, I just wish they wouldn't have used Jesus' words like that.

• Members

The churches I know of which engage in such things tend to be political minded, entangled in the things of the world, less focused on living for Christ.

They also tend to draw a lot of bad publicity and bring all Christians under a bad light, making it more difficult to share the Gospel because so many suddenly see you as a "Republican" or "Conservative" rather than a follower of Christ.

• Administrators

You're assuming he won it in a raffle it at bingo. There are other ways to "win" things at banquets. But let's just ignorantly blast people who are sharing how something encouraged a loved one to come and hear the gospel. Because we all know how Jesus hates that. SMH.

Graciousness. Kindness. Temperance. Thy name is not Christian.

• Members

Is NY really all that dangerous that a church "gives away" an AR-15(or whatever brand of gun it is)? I'm all for the right to carry weapons and such, but it doesn't seem right that a church should promote guns. And saying that, I remember now that my home church does encourage it's members to take classes in order to obtain conceal carry permits. But it just seems kinda scary to see such a weapon being promoted as a give away prize by a church.  :scratchchin:

• Members

Training disciples would be good,

I must warn you if you visit gbctroyny.com I watch shopping in Texas video and was shocked when I clicked on the next video at the top left corner of the player and in the third clip someone uses the Lords name in vain alone with some other cursing, I tried to contact the church but my email failed twice. I pray that this can be remove before it causes damage to the church.     

• Members

I liked the heretics link with King and Mandela.  Also saw pictures of Schapp on a video but did not listen to them.  

That is one ugly AR, I would not even call it an AR, it looks like something out of a Hollywood prop department.  Yuck!  I doubt New York hunters could shoot that thing anyway since it might be able to take magazines larger than 1/2 a round.  

There is liberty in this area of giving folks.  

• Administrators

I am pretty sure there was never a Church in my Bible in which people had the chance to win material goods.

Bwahahaha, there is a lot that isn't mentioned in the Bible.  There is nothing unscriptural about giving gifts to people.  Giving away a gun for church attendance is totally different than gifts given for various reasons at a banquet.  Totally different.  Jesus said, under the law, that His Father's house was a house of prayer...interesting thing to note, though, is that He drove out those who were making money at the expense of the people coming to sacrifice.  Nothing at all about giving gifts away.  I bet Christ wouldn't have been angry if those merchants were giving away those animals rather than selling them at too-high prices.  Regardless, that reference to Christ's words/actions has nothing to do with being given something at a banquet.  

~~~~~

Personally, I think the church giving away the gun is stupid - but it isn't one of which I am a member, so I don't have to worry about it.  *shrugs*  (Isn't that what we're supposed to say? After all, it's been said about music in other churches, adultery in other churches, etc., etc....consistency...)

Archived