• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

People That Treat Their Pets As If They Were Humans

The Glory Land

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting isn't it?
Criticise with Old Testament, then criticise for using Old Testament.......

I was going to point that out...LOL.

Proverbs 12:10

Jeffrey,

Do you SERIOUSLY think that Proverbs 12:10 (and the meaning behind it) has anything to do with killing a dangerous pet...or were you merely trying to stir something up?

I can post a verse out of context to counter the verse that you posted out of context...

Proverbs 9:1-2
1   Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
2   She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

See...it says right there that it's wise to kill your beasts.

• Members

I was going to point that out...LOL.

Jeffrey,

Do you SERIOUSLY think that Proverbs 12:10 (and the meaning behind it) has anything to do with killing a dangerous pet...or were you merely trying to stir something up?

I can post a verse out of context to counter the verse that you posted out of context...

2   She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

actually my posting in Proverbs was intended for the OP,  

• Members

For food, absolutely!!!   I like my steak medium well

• Members

I grew up on a farm we had horses and I was the one that took care of them most of the time,the mares were gentle but the stallions could be very aggressive I was kicked ,bit, and stomped every time I had to wash and brush them and elderly friend taught me how handle them with the use of a rod,so heartstrings I understand what you mean brother.we had a lot of chickens that ran loose and some of the hens could get mean,I had one on my head a time or two .wo' what could a turkey do' that would hurt. I love animals but they cannot be compared as equal nor set above human life.

Pitbulls were bread for dog fighting and were never meant to be a family dog , in my state drug dealers use them to attack and to distract the police in drugs raids, the state passed a law that if the dog were to hinder or attack the officer to prevent the arrest of the drug dealer the officer has the the right to shoot the dog. another reason this dog should be outlawed.

When God cast Adam out of the garden of Eden he put fear in the animal toward man and this fear will remain until God reconciles the animals just as He will reconcile his children and the earth after the second coming of Jesus Christ our lord.   

• Members

I care about my pets, but I don't equate them with people. If the unthinkable happened and my dog were to ever attack and maul/kill someone, I would immediately take her to the vet myself to have her euthanized. 

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 

I do think people worship their pets, they place the pet over other humans, including themselves, and over God. As mentioned earlier, the woman with the dangerous dog that keeps trying to kill her is one example. I read an article a while back about a group that tries to save dogs that have mauled and even killed people. It's called the Lexus Project. Here's an example: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545414/Dog-mauled-death-1-year-old-boy-life-spared-Nevada-judge-finds-new-home-nearly-two-years-fatal-attack.html  The dog is pictured, in matching bumblebee costumes, with the little boy it killed.  Jeremiah Eskew-Shahan has no value in the eyes of the people who love dogs more than people. 

Here are other examples of people I think practice pet worship, these are articles from a dog site I'm a part of. I rarely read the magazine side of this site anymore because of ridiculous articles like these: 

http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/would-you-tether-dog-unsupervised

http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/dog-health-care-live-outside

http://www.dogster.com/lifestyle/8-ways-get-your-dog-stolen

Again, I care about my pets. I care about animals in general, and think we should be good stewards of God's creation, including the animals He created, and especially for the ones placed in our care. 

As for the "all pets go to Heaven" bit, I believe there will be animals in Heaven. :hide:  Now, whether they will be the animals that exist there now, or have existed on earth prior, or new ones created for the New Heaven and New Earth, I don't know. I'll find out when I get there. Heaven's a beautiful place, so of course there will be rabbits.  :Bolt:

• Members

Li Bai Jia I just read the story about Jeremiah Eskew-Shahan, and it reminds me of how lawless America has become when the courts give into a small group of people that clearly has views that human life means nothing to them, Quote'' there's nothing vicious about the attack'' lexus projects Richard Rosenthn stated to the Las Vegas times, how can someone make such a statement when they were not present to see the horror of a one year old child begin mauled to death by 120 lb. dog. all that I know to do for these people is pray' pray'and pray

Archived